PDA

View Full Version : video on twin otter t/o

Daveroo
April 26th, 2013, 08:55
it says its a video of an engine failure..seems maybe the starboard engine may have a problem..but i think its just the way the prop appears on camera...i may be wrong...but i what i find interesting about the take off is that the right rear...oops..starboard rear wheel lifts first,and the tail seems to rise..and it takes off nose down.....odd looking take off....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTS8rGldTaY

bstolle
April 26th, 2013, 09:23
but i what i find interesting about the take off is that the right rear...oops..starboard rear wheel lifts first,and the tail seems to rise..and it takes off nose down.....odd looking take off....

right is correct, the oops is the 'rear' wheel, it's the 'main' wheel ;) the nose down attitude comes from a slightly high take off speed (most likely due to the anticipated engine failure) coupled with the high flap setting
BTW, the engine shut down is real as you can see the prop blades in the feather position.

Daveroo
April 26th, 2013, 09:35
oh ok...i thought that was a camera/video weirdness thing...but when i looked again i can see the the blades are feathered..wouldnt have noticed if ya hadnt told me though...