PDA

View Full Version : Andersen AFB, Guam, scenery mod?

Navy Chief
April 25th, 2013, 15:00
I checked the usual download sites, but nothing (other than afcad file with static objects) has been done for Andersen AFB, Guam that I know of.

If I use a scenery mod program, is it possible to replace the stock buildings/hangars?

NC

stovall
April 25th, 2013, 20:38
Navy Chief, you can use a number of programs to replace default scenery with custom buildings etc. Airport Design Editor is a good tool. SBuilderX is another. Instant Scenery is another that I use.

Marianas 1945 scenery will include Guam and certainly Anderson AFB. The scenery is in the final stages of production. You can watch a small preview HERE (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?75649-Marianas-1945-Preview&highlight=1945) showing some of the airfields.

Navy Chief
April 26th, 2013, 03:22
Navy Chief, you can use a number of programs to replace default scenery with custom buildings etc. Airport Design Editor is a good tool. SBuilderX is another. Instant Scenery is another that I use.

Marianas 1945 scenery will include Guam and certainly Anderson AFB. The scenery is in the final stages of production. You can watch a small preview HERE (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?75649-Marianas-1945-Preview&highlight=1945) showing some of the airfields.

Thanks! NC

Navy Chief
April 29th, 2013, 10:25
Update:

John Stinstrom's Andersen AFB scenery (recently released) is, as are all of his creations, masterfully created. John does not have FSX, and only does FS9 work. But I emailed him about another designer who recently released FSX scenery for the Guam Intl. Airport. John replied, saying it was ok to use his scenery to help recreate Andersen AFB for FSX.

So I wanted to report that this is, indeed, in the works. Morten Van Der Linden is the designer. He tells me he's downloaded John Stinstrom's scenery, and is using it as an example for his.

In addition, Morten is going to add/modify buildings and hangars for what used to be the NAS Agana, Guam side of the Guam airfield. I've been hoping for this for a long time!

NC

WillyVic
May 2nd, 2013, 21:04
Update:

In addition, Morten is going to add/modify buildings and hangars for what used to be the NAS Agana, Guam side of the Guam airfield. I've been hoping for this for a long time!

NC

Looking forward to this. Spent 10 yrs of my Naval career on NAS Agana. VQ-1.

Tom "WillyVic" LeBlanc
ADCS Ret.

Navy Chief
May 3rd, 2013, 03:01
Looking forward to this. Spent 10 yrs of my Naval career on NAS Agana. VQ-1.

Tom "WillyVic" LeBlanc
ADCS Ret.

I was with VQ-1 too, but only on Guam for the squadron's last year there, before moving to Whidbey. I retired from the USN in 97, having spent my last three years with the "Q", on Whidbey. Loved Guam though.

AMEC Ret. Pete Ward

WillyVic
May 4th, 2013, 08:51
I was with VQ-1 too, but only on Guam for the squadron's last year there, before moving to Whidbey. I retired from the USN in 97, having spent my last three years with the "Q", on Whidbey. Loved Guam though.

AMEC Ret. Pete Ward

Was there 73-76, 79-84, and 88-91. Retired in 1994. Was an EA-3B "Whale Doctor". My nick is derived from the C-121's/EC-121's the squadron had in the early 70's. Been using Flight Sims since the 80's. Great to see another World Watcher!

ADCS Ret. Tom "WillyVic" LeBlanc

semo
May 6th, 2013, 08:46
Navy Chief and Will Vic,

I was an Aircontroller at Nas Agana from 71-73. I've built my own pgum to use when I fly. I'm afraid I've borrowed to much to publish it. THe admin/control tower building and the barrack/chow hall complex are my own.

The aircraft represent some of what came throught in the 2yrs. Nixon was on AF1 going to China. The RAF flew vulcans around the world and stopped in. Transpacs from Vietnam could include anything. The vq-1 line is short a few whales and the guard on the ep-3.

WillyVic
May 6th, 2013, 09:16
Navy Chief and Will Vic,

I was an Aircontroller at Nas Agana from 71-73. I've built my own pgum to use when I fly. I'm afraid I've borrowed to much to publish it. THe admin/control tower building and the barrack/chow hall complex are my own.

The aircraft represent some of what came throught in the 2yrs. Nixon was on AF1 going to China. The RAF flew vulcans around the world and stopped in. Transpacs from Vietnam could include anything. The vq-1 line is short a few whales and the guard on the ep-3.

Guam is good.....by order of the Commanding Officer....lol.

Cudo's on ya for putting the base together. Nice to see "Pappa Romeo" on the deck.

I, too, have put together a rudimentary PGUM as it sat in the 70's. Was able to stick in some AI on the existing scenery. Consequently, I have Whales, Orions, and Willy Victors sitting on the tarmac but no VQ-3 or Line shack. Just doesn't give the feel yet. That's why I am looking forward to this scenery.

Good to see another Westpac veteran!

WillyVic

Navy Chief
May 6th, 2013, 09:20
Had some GREAT parties on Guam. Great beaches. The CPO barracks had a bar downstairs. Everyone had their own key. Drink what ya want, and leave money on bar. Nice. NC

WillyVic
May 6th, 2013, 09:28
Had some GREAT parties on Guam. Great beaches. The CPO barracks had a bar downstairs. Everyone had their own key. Drink what ya want, and leave money on bar. Nice. NC

Lived in the barracks for a year before my last transfer. Needless to say the "bar" got a lot of use. We even "requisitioned" an industrial ice maker from the chow hall, a projection TV from the BOQ and a myriad of furniture from the Naval Station. Lot's of BBQ and beer was consumed weekly. Those were the days eh?

Dang it, gettin all ole' timey sentimental now.......lol.

Bring on the scenery!

WillyVic.

Navy Chief
May 6th, 2013, 09:52
Here are some pictures I found on the net:

Navy Chief
May 6th, 2013, 10:38
I really do not know how long it will be until the NAS Agana/Andersen AFB scenery is released. The designer recently released his Guam Intl. Airport scenery, and I have sent him pictures of Agana and Andersen. When I know more, I'll post about it. NC

WillyVic
May 7th, 2013, 20:33
Copy that NC. Will keep an eye out.

WV