PDA

View Full Version : Helldiver SB2C

Helldiver
April 25th, 2013, 07:33
Three years ago I sent all I had on SB2C Helldivers, to Razbam. Nothing has happened. In a couple of months, I'll be 85 years old. I have now lost sight in my right eye because of Macular Degeneration. Before I lose the sight in my other eye or they bury me, I beg some one of your airplane designers would take on this project.
The airplane that Capt, Winters is a bad caricature of the airplane. Wolfi was getting along with it for FS9,but he was 75% finished when he fell in love. That put an end to that.
Is their any designer that is willing to put together my old airplane before they plant me?

Geomitrak
April 25th, 2013, 09:34
I too would like to see Razbam complete the SB2C. It seems an age since we last saw any screenshots, or received any news. Rather than being a case of 'it'll be finished when its finished', can anyone at Razbam provide something a bit firmer about progress and release date ? Its an interesting and important model for FSX, but I'm starting to have my doubts whether we'll ever see it 'in the flesh'.

FentiFlier1
April 25th, 2013, 10:50
I am still looking forward to purchase the Razbam Helldiver. My credit card is ready. Bring it on!

Owen.

GrinningJester
April 25th, 2013, 11:00
The cockpit for the Helldiver is currently in 3D Development.
This takes a lot of time folks; we're sorry it is, but that is the way development of high-end FS products works.

The artwork for both exterior and interior is about 80% of the way there. Hopefully in the coming month we can provide you with a more accurate timeline for the release of the product.

Cheers!

Nick

Daveroo
April 25th, 2013, 11:23
any chance a "beta" could be sent to "Helldiver" in the mean time for him to use?...just a thought..not trying to pressure anyone

big-mike
April 25th, 2013, 11:37
any chance a "beta" could be sent to "Helldiver" in the mean time for him to use?...just a thought..not trying to pressure anyone

Very good idea!:applause:
Michael

CWOJackson
April 25th, 2013, 11:42

:salute:

Ian Warren
April 25th, 2013, 12:26
Yes Indeed .. do it :salute:

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Geomitrak
April 25th, 2013, 12:32
This takes a lot of time folks; we're sorry it is, but that is the way development of high-end FS products works.

The artwork for both exterior and interior is about 80% of the way there. Hopefully in the coming month we can provide you with a more accurate timeline for the release of the product.

Cheers!

Nick

Thanks for the response Nick, much appreciated. Is there any chance Razbam could move the SB2C onto the front burner and turn that burner up to maximum ? Its been a long time since the initial announcement, and eager anticipation is slowly eroding. Daveroo's suggestion of giving Helldiver the beta is highly commendable, especially if he provided with you with materials to help in the modeling process. Give him something in return before he is 'planted'. ;)

roger-wilco-66
April 25th, 2013, 13:47
Ditto on all tha'ts been mentioned!

:salute:

YoYo
April 25th, 2013, 13:58
I'll be 85 years old....

I hope, we celebrate Your 100... :icon29:, with model of Helldiver for sure!

Daveroo
April 25th, 2013, 14:53
I hope, we celebrate Your 100... :icon29:, with model of Helldiver for sure!

:icon29::icon29::icon29::icon29: to that

Helldiver
April 26th, 2013, 05:35
Well, I thank you all for all your support. Much more than I expected. Nick, as far as the instuments are concerned, we used what ever came out of the instrument shop. We never knew what it came from, an F6-F an F4U a PBY or a TBF. Some instruments would require an adapter.
I'd be more than willing to be a "Beta" user. Razbam used me when he built the F6-F. .Why I'm not used is probably I'm too familiar with the aircraft and would be counting rivets. Far from it. Anything just fly a Helldiver in FSX.
You know in spite of all the bad press, all orginated by writers that weren't even born during WW2, The 'Two Cee" was a strong, tough, airplane and always got me back to the carrier.
Like all airplanes, it had a tough beginning but the proving was done under the spotlight of war. It was rated for 2,000 pound bombs. We would regulary carry two tons. One in the belly and two 1,000 pounds under each wing. We would have to jettison the wing mounted bombs before catching the wire.

Daveroo
April 26th, 2013, 09:59
helldiver?....i never have known..where you a pilot of the SB2C Helldiver?...i hope i got the numbers right..id love to hear some of your tales..if you ever share them.the man you lived behind me as i grew up was a gunner on an Avenger at the end of WWII,somewhere in the Pacific,on take off..the engine "ate itself" in his words,and the plane nose dived into the ocean....Jerry was the only survivor...and he says he went off a second time on landing..pilot missed the wires and they went off the port side of the ship,,pilot and Jerry both made it ,but the radioman did not.

MudMarine
April 26th, 2013, 10:39
DO IT!

Very good idea!:applause:
Michael

jeansy
April 26th, 2013, 18:39
sorry to be the one that brings the bad news, they (RAZBAM devs) are no longer members here

they made a public announcement on the FB fan page

You will need to go to them

FlameOut
April 27th, 2013, 04:41
I did not know this, guess I was sleeping ! :icon_eek:

Helldiver
April 27th, 2013, 04:51
I've given up on Razbam. They're a waste of time. That's why I asked for some developer to built a Helldiver.

hae5904
April 27th, 2013, 04:58

Cheers!

Nick

Uhm....doesn't the statement made by Nick say it all? He's building the Helldiver.

Hank

hairyspin
April 27th, 2013, 08:26
I usually can't be bothered with Facebook, but I went looking at the Razbam page. There's a pic of their Helldiver exterior model posted on 9th February this year. Looks like a Helldiver to me.

robcap
April 28th, 2013, 04:24
This is the FB pictue from feb 9
There was also a post about a tempest, that is being worked on by the same 3D artist who's working on the helldiver VC.
This is a post from april 15, so all seems to be alive.

I agree that they should let HellDiver here play with the beta, if he indeed supplied so much data, so his dream can come true.
But I think if he asked nicely (...), it would probably even happen for him.

Cheers, Rob

Helldiver
April 28th, 2013, 05:27
I feel kind of embarrassed having to have to ask about requesting for a Beta version. They apparently did not want me in the first place. It's been so long I don't even have Razbams address. And no, I refuse to have anything to do with Facebook. Where does this guy "NicK" hang out. ? Apparently not on SOH.

Dumonceau
April 28th, 2013, 06:07
I feel kind of embarrassed having to have to ask about requesting for a Beta version. They apparently did not want me in the first place. It's been so long I don't even have Razbams address. And no, I refuse to have anything to do with Facebook. Where does this guy "NicK" hang out. ? Apparently not on SOH.

IMHO it is embarrassing for any community/company/group/country that a person like you, having flown the bird and having served your country doing so should even have to ASK to betatest. Seems to me, you would be the obvious choice for a betatester...

But again, that is just my humble opinion and I apologize if I've offended anyone by voicing it.

txnetcop
April 28th, 2013, 06:11
Helldiver I would like to see you beta that aircraft as well...here is hoping that somehow Ron gets the same idea that you would be the obvious choice to be one of the team:salute:
Ted

robcap
April 28th, 2013, 06:18
OK, I'll give it a go at the FB page for you.
You know, not everyone does what other folks think would be the obvious choice, so I would see no problem in asking.
You never know what people think, unless you ask. Then they most probably will honour your question.

Cherio, R.

Prowler1111
April 28th, 2013, 06:49
Ok, all this discussion demanded me to answer a few doubts and wrong impressions here.
1st of them all, Robert, well, the project is not dead, is pretty much alive, what made it delayed: the technology we wanted to put in there, simply, it wasn´t there(same reason why it took us 2 years to put a Harrier in FSX), now we have the right code we want to put into it, since I just don´t want a pretty plane being sold, i want a bit of a value on what you purchase(if you can say that to a FSX add on)besides the fact, that i´m NOT the 3d developer of this project.When we posted pics of this bird´s external model, I contacted you, Robert, for info, which you sent me (with your critique) on what i was supposed to fix, like pilot position, gunner seating and MG stowing positions and operation, all that, Robert, was fixed using your input and no one else´s.Now the cockpit is being worked on, at the own´s 3d developer pace, HIS pace.
I´m sorry to hear you consider us a waste of time, I know you´re a ww2 vet, and also a short tempered man, but sorry to know you consider us a "waste of time", no matter your opinion, this bird will go at the pace it needs to go to make it accurate.I know you´ll be around to enjoy it, and also to tear it apart, but at the end of the day, it will be something worth getting, IF you´re a SB2C fan of course.
Begging to beta test? excuse me, there is no beta to test YET, no matter what you see in pics.The reason i post pics of this aircraft (or any aircraft, for that matter) is to show that it´s a live project.
Regarding my decision of using Facebook as a exposure tool, it´s my prerogative, to put it simple, some like Coke and some Pepsi, and even then, some go for light and some for classic and so on.Facebook for me is the right place to show our projects and products, since the people that go there is there looking for our stuff, so more posting on forums and seeing no answers at all, not even a "this is a POS add on", there, a simple "like" means we are getting to some interested parties.My intentions are not to alienate anyone (sorry if you feel like that) but to get most exposure possible, it´s a trend of times, and we have to be on top of things for these matters.
Having say that, i´m out of here again, i just came back since this thread was put to my attention, i´m not monitoring it as i no longer monitor SOH.
Best regards

Ron C. Zambrano M
former "Prowler" on SOH

Daveroo
April 28th, 2013, 08:05
well i think Ron summed it up well,answered the questions and concerns..we ALL just need to be a little more patient.sounds like some of the delay was infact to listening to helldivers input..and that new coding makes me wonder if it will have folding wings?..have we had that on any FSX planes to date?...im thinking the MAAM avenger does..but i cant recall..i have it..but have never flown it..:icon_eek: .

about Facebook...i really dont understand the fear...or more likely ... stubbornness.. of people..its free...and if you use it correctly...it wont violate you or your rights..and wont take over your PC/laptop/or macbook or whatever it is you have...and anymore facebook can be a handy tool for many things...i use it to contact friends and family in real time..and yesterday i discovered companies like cessna and beechcraft have solo pages for individual aircraft..thats kinda wierd...but cool...

Hughes-MDflyer4
April 28th, 2013, 08:45
well i think Ron summed it up well,answered the questions and concerns..we ALL just need to be a little more patient.sounds like some of the delay was infact to listening to helldivers input..and that new coding makes me wonder if it will have folding wings?..have we had that on any FSX planes to date?...im thinking the MAAM avenger does..but i cant recall..i have it..but have never flown it..:icon_eek: .

To my knowledge, FSX has an animation tag for folding wings, so whatever they had to spend the time coding is likely a bit more of an uncommon feature, but that's just a guess. :jump: (The wings on the default FA/18 fold and every feature of default aircraft is supported by the SDK, in regards to animations.)

jetstreamsky
April 28th, 2013, 10:48
Plenty of folding wings out there, check out the Fairey Gannet for the double fold.

hairyspin
April 28th, 2013, 12:17
about Facebook...i really dont understand the fear...or more likely ... stubbornness.. of people

Some of us don't have the time - or the inclination - to spend time on Facebook. I waste enough time checking out the modeling forums as it is, which is why my model's VC isn't finished yet...

Dumonceau
April 28th, 2013, 13:11
Helldiver,

There is a portover of the Wolfi SB2C available on Simviation, you can find it here: http://simviation.com/1/download-file?file=SB2C4Helldiver.zip&fileId=42091

It's a port, but still, it will work in FSX!

Dumonceau

roger-wilco-66
April 28th, 2013, 13:48
Some of us don't have the time - or the inclination - to spend time on Facebook. I waste enough time checking out the modeling forums as it is, which is why my model's VC isn't finished yet...

Hmmm, checking on a specific open facebook site involves not more effort or even less than checking on a dev forum page. To me it just another link in my collection.
Or is it? Maybe I'm missing something here.

Cheers,
Mark

Daveroo
April 28th, 2013, 14:35
To my knowledge, FSX has an animation tag for folding wings, so whatever they had to spend the time coding is likely a bit more of an uncommon feature, but that's just a guess. :jump: (The wings on the default FA/18 fold and every feature of default aircraft is supported by the SDK, in regards to animations.)
allright..didnt know this..is WHY i asked about the maam avernger...

Daveroo
April 28th, 2013, 14:35
Plenty of folding wings out there, check out the Fairey Gannet for the double fold.

that sounds pretty cool....not my kinda plane though

Daveroo
April 28th, 2013, 14:36

ok ok sheeesh.......:icon_eek: :wavey:

jetstreamsky
April 28th, 2013, 14:46
that sounds pretty cool....not my kinda plane though

it's an oddity alright, but superbly suited to carrier ops.

Helldiver
April 29th, 2013, 05:16
Now to set the record straight, before you even started the SB2C project you asked me for all my data on Helldivers which I sent to your house, That was three years ago. Since then I have only seen scatterings of pictures of your progress. Along with promises that it would be released soon. It also seems to me that one version was to be of my airplane aboard the USS Leyte, CV-32. I am not short tempered. But I do not have patience for people that pull my chain.
I detest having to resort to some teen age device like Facebook. (The Boston Bombers play ground) What's wrong with showing it on a Flight Simulator site? Had I seen your latest version, I would tell you to stow the tail hook. Don't leave it welded in the out position as the Confederate Air Force. That's a poor model to use. At age 85, I have good reason to show impatience. t grows greater, every single day I have left.

Now as to folding wings, there are straight forward wing folds as used on the F4Us and SB2C and the backwards folding ones used the TBF and F6-F. They were so awkward that it took three crewman to get them back and locked. They were a constant pain in the neck when you were spotting planes. It would take a bit of animation to show it in operation. Thank goodness that Grumman abandoned it on the F8-F Bearcat.

On Wolfi's port over, it would take just little work on it to make her perfect. He was almost 80% done in FS9.

thunder100
April 29th, 2013, 07:37
I should not chime in-->still I do

@Helldiver,

Pls bear in mind that most FS developers even for payware ,have annother Job.So progress may differ a lot from developer to developer.
Pls also believe me that a full functioning VC in these days take at least same time as exteriors--> usually about double time.
I get your impatience,believe me so.But an FSX VC is NOT comparable to anything of FS9

As my late friend passed away in his 94's*** ,2 years ago, he left us in the dark.Nobody to ask anymore wether that is right stall behaviour of a Bf-109 K-4 or worse then this of an Avia -S199

@Ron

Dont take it as offence,its just impatiency because time really running out.Use Helldiver as Long as it goes,believe me real insight of a real combat user is uncomparable to (all respect to everybody) post war flyers which had some training flights in nice weather.Only the combat pilots had to push or ignore the envelop. If I could I would do the best Alpha(ist not yet Beta) for Helldiver for the next period

to SOH-Community

easy to type ,hard to do.Why not paint Wolfi`s Fs9 as good as some can for helldiver(whatever livery he wants) and port it properly to FSX.I can do my share on FDE.**

Best regards

Roland

beta tester of many payware and Freeware projects

** yes I want FSX native.But till I get (and/or can buy) some FS9 and CFS2 portovers (given they are MDL8's) work well in FSX

*** He was WW2 german pilot,knights cross,had all licenses (single up to He-177) and he was at end of war flight teacher first for german allies and then as war prisoner in Russia and Czech(what was better then a siberian gulag)

hairyspin
April 29th, 2013, 12:33
...a full functioning VC in these days take at least same time as exteriors--> usually about double time...

For FSX this is because there's code to write and debug for lots of things to work as the devs - or demanding customers - want. In extreme cases (complex airliner VC) this can add years to the process. Polygons are only part of the story.