PDA

View Full Version : I Have A Question About Avsim.Russia

casey jones
April 21st, 2013, 12:30
I have been dl files from avsimrussia which is one of the best sites I have seen, my question
is, I can DL the videos okay, but I want to DL the books and or magazines too but they will
not work I do have PDF but I don'nt know how they work when I dl a magazine which is
in Russian which is okay and when I open it it goes to word pad and of course it will not
work I just get a lot of "jumbled" letters. How can I get the magazines to show up in PDF?
Note Pad, ect?

Cheers

Casey

SteveB
April 21st, 2013, 12:40
I'm guessing but could it be that you do not have the Russian language pack installed on your PC.

Steve

Mick
April 22nd, 2013, 04:52
Have you tried Right Click > Open With > Adobe Reader?

If you have PDF files registered to open with Adobe reader, then Adobe Reader should appear on the Open With sub-menu.

If it isn't listed, then Right Click > Open With > Choose Default Program, then select Adobe Reader. It might appear among the Recommended Programs selections offered at the top of the box, or you might have to browse to it. Once you have it, decide whether or not to check or uncheck the Always use the selected program... check box.

If you check the Always use... box, your confuter will always use Adobe Reader to open that kind of files. If you don't check it, Adobe Reader should still appear in the Recommended Programs list of programs at the top of the selection box when you select Choose Default Program in the future.

As was previously suggested by SteveB, you will probably still need the Russian language pack to be able to read a Russian PDF file, since Russian uses a different alphabet than English.

Tom Clayton
April 22nd, 2013, 18:58
It it tries to open in Wordpad, then it's likely not actually a pdf, but an rtf (Rich Text Format). Wordpad is very limited in what it can display. First thing would be to check the actual file extension. Go to your Control Panel and open Folder Options and click the View tab. Uncheck the option to "Hide extensions for known filetypes" and click Apply/OK. If it is an rtf file, then use the "Open with" option to open it with Word. Your Windows setup probably already has the Cyrillic character set installed.

Navtech
April 24th, 2013, 17:46
You can also eventually try to convert your document ...
There it's possible free of charge ...

http://www.convertfiles.com