View Full Version : [Payware] Majestic Software Dash 8 Q-400

jeansy
April 18th, 2013, 00:59
those who arent aware, this is being released this Saturday 20 APR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=m5VIrL5H3Fc

more details http://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/index.html

wombat666
April 18th, 2013, 01:17
I received their 'Special Bonus Offer' via email earlier today, US$60.00, 800 'bonus' points.
No thank you.
Give it a few months and it will be on 'Special Sale' at a discount.
:173go1:

stansdds
April 18th, 2013, 01:55
$60.00? Ouch! :isadizzy:

Martyn
April 18th, 2013, 02:07
I received their 'Special Bonus Offer' via email earlier today, US$60.00, 800 'bonus' points....................:censored:
No thank you.
Give it a few months and it will be on 'Special Sale' at a discount.
:173go1:

Are you referring to the e-mail from us (Just Flight)?

The product price is set by the developer (Majestic Software) and the 800 reward points (equivalent to £8 off a future purchase) is a Just Flight only offer. The product isn't cheap but its comparable to the PMDG 737 NGX in terms of functionality/quality and is $10 cheaper, so I would say its a fair price point.

jetstreamsky
April 18th, 2013, 02:46
This package is quite sophisticated, coded externally to FSX with full systems modelling it'll be quite challenging for those interested in such a craft. It also comes in three different packages extending it into a useful tool for real world training support. The price looks comparable to other coded packages out there and 8 quid off a Canberra say, will be most welcome.

jeansy
April 18th, 2013, 02:47

The product price is set by the developer (Majestic Software) and the 800 reward points (equivalent to £8 off a future purchase) is a Just Flight only offer. The product isn't cheap but its comparable to the PMDG 737 NGX in terms of functionality/quality and is $10 cheaper, so I would say its a fair price point.

yep, there difference between the models is highlighted here

http://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/products.html

wombat666
April 18th, 2013, 04:33

Just my personal opinion, not an aircraft that I (just me, myself) care for, and the reward points are conditional on purchasing by a certain date.
I'm sure there will be sales aplenty.
:kilroy:

gman5250
April 18th, 2013, 05:49
I've been going over the material at Majestic Software. I don't see that they have upgraded the model itself. Currently the VC has only partially 3d rendered components. For example, the overhead panel has all 2D switches. The panel graphics are fairly low resolution and difficult to monitor.

The exterior model would need serious upgrading to qualify for the price point. Again, none of the features expected in an FSX native.
When I first purchased this one I felt it was a port over that was represented as an FSX native model.

Don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic model if you want immersion in systems and sound. One of the best I own. I've been waiting for the new release so I can upgrade, but if MJS hasn't improved the model itself...it's a pass for me.

If anyone has additional info on the upgrade...I'd be quite interested in the details. For this kind of money one would expect to see a visually impressive model as well as comprehensive systems.

IMHO

Martyn
April 18th, 2013, 06:11
I've been going over the material at Majestic Software. I don't see that they have upgraded the model itself. Currently the VC has only partially 3d rendered components. For example, the overhead panel has all 2D switches. The panel graphics are fairly low resolution and difficult to monitor.

The exterior model would need serious upgrading to qualify for the price point. Again, none of the features expected in an FSX native.
When I first purchased this one I felt it was a port over that was represented as an FSX native model.

Don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic model if you want immersion in systems and sound. One of the best I own. I've been waiting for the new release so I can upgrade, but if MJS hasn't improved the model itself...it's a pass for me.

If anyone has additional info on the upgrade...I'd be quite interested in the details. For this kind of money one would expect to see a visually impressive model as well as comprehensive systems.

IMHO

I'm not sure if the material is misleading but the model is superb, as is the virtual cockpit which is full of 3D content and stunning textures. The aircraft is most certainly on par with the PMDG 737 and takes full advantage of FSX native features and more. Its a significant step up in modelling terms from the previous incarnation.

Take a look at the images and video on our site: http://www.justflight.com/product/dash-8-q400-pilot-edition-fsx-download
(http://www.justflight.com/product/dash-8-q400-pilot-edition-fsx-download)

gman5250
April 18th, 2013, 06:37
The aircraft is most certainly on par with the PMDG 737 and takes full advantage of FSX native features and more. Its a significant step up in modelling terms from the previous incarnation.

That would make it a done deal for me then. I am hopeful that there is an upgrade available or coming for existing owners. I've been waiting for this release for almost a year and would really enjoy seeing this aircraft live up to it's FSX potenial. Thanks Martyn, I appreciate the HU.

ryanbatc
April 18th, 2013, 06:45

IMHO

I think you're at the wrong site... Go here and look:
http://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/media.html

Here's the overhead with 3D knobs and buttons... (horrible jpeg compression via photobucket)

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/overhead-1.jpg (http://s141.photobucket.com/user/ryanbatc/media/overhead-1.jpg.html)

The exterior is excellent... superb lighting effects and bump mapping...

gman5250
April 18th, 2013, 11:14
Yep, the vids show a huge improvement. The model is extremely good in the previous version and the sound excellent. The improvements to the visual model will make this one of my favorites for sure. I've always liked the Dash 8...this completes the package.

Kiwikat
April 18th, 2013, 12:41
This is going to be THE turboprop to own for FSX. From what I have heard, FPS aren't too bad either.

Bone
April 18th, 2013, 13:03
I may have to totally break down and get this model. Don't tell my friends...

Flyboy208
April 18th, 2013, 16:40
I see the Horizon Air Q400's all the time at the Airport I work at, very tempted to get this as well ... Mike :running:

ryanbatc
April 18th, 2013, 17:13
This is going to be THE turboprop to own for FSX. From what I have heard, FPS aren't too bad either.

I'm a little worried about the OOM situation, ie how much this plane will saturate the VAS. With the NGX and above normal LOD settings I can OOM within the hour. But we'll see how this one is.

Regardless I am too excited for it.

gman5250
April 18th, 2013, 17:40
I'm a little worried about the OOM situation, ie how much this plane will saturate the VAS. With the NGX and above normal LOD settings I can OOM within the hour.

I can't speak for the new model, but I have never had a problem with the predecessor Dash 8 from Majestic. I've got a few other aircraft that hit my system pretty hard, but that has not been my experience with the Dash.

Lionheart
April 18th, 2013, 19:16
Ive always loved the Q series planes (real ones) and this model looks awesome. I'll be standing in line for one.

Ark
April 18th, 2013, 22:30
In case folks didn't know, JustFlight confirmed that purchasing the "Pilot" version allows you to upgrade to the "Pro" version (when released) for the price difference.

I'm pre-ordering this tomorrow. Been waiting a LONG time for it.

*EDIT* Quote from JustFlight:

Note: If you buy the Dash 8 from Just Flight you will be able to upgrade via Just Flight to the next editions when they are available, with the upgrade cost simply being the price difference between the currently owned version and the next version.

jeansy
April 19th, 2013, 23:17
0900z is the release time from the majestic page. Less than 4o mins to go

RAS_JF
April 20th, 2013, 00:09
Hi all,

We've now put the Dash-8 on sale - http://www.justflight.com/product/dash-8-q400-pilot-edition-fsx-download

jeansy
April 20th, 2013, 00:10
yay its released

peter12213
April 20th, 2013, 00:29
This is great!

jeansy
April 20th, 2013, 00:41
very smooth frames in and outside the aircraft, im not sure how they did it but its humming a long

http://aussiex.org/forum/uploads/gallery/album_139/gallery_11700_139_184245.png

mjrhealth
April 20th, 2013, 02:12
I loved the 300 and this is only the icing on the cake. Now to awaiit the 300 upgrade. Please just the cockpit than it wont take soooo looong. This has being in development for years so enjoy.

RAS_JF
April 20th, 2013, 04:11
Hi all,

If you were having activation problems earlier today then these should now be resolved. Just run the installer again and do the activation.
Thanks very much for bearing with us.

Naruto-kun
April 20th, 2013, 05:17
@RAS_JF Is paypal accepted by you guys?

Martyn
April 20th, 2013, 05:27
@RAS_JF Is paypal accepted by you guys?

Yes we accept PayPal.

vonstroheim
April 20th, 2013, 05:28
Congratulation Dimitri for your brand new Dash! Some of you already knows this, but I'd like to remind you that this Majestic Software Dash Q400 is actually the baby of Dimitri, the talented freeware developper from Samdim Design Group (http://samdimdesign.free.fr/), who made wonderful aircrafts like the Antonov An-24, the Tupolev Tu-95, the Yakovlev Yak-42, and decided to go payware with his Dash, smart move... Long live Samdim and Majestic Software!

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4691/ext01.jpg
An early Samdim preview from 2010 or 2011...

gman5250
April 20th, 2013, 06:14
I've owned the Pilot edition for about a year now. Will there be an upgrade made available to the new version, or will it require a purchase of the complete package?

Good looking airplane...great work. Congratulations.

jeansy
April 20th, 2013, 06:17
I've owned the Pilot edition for about a year now. Will there be an upgrade made available to the new version, or will it require a purchase of the complete package?

Good looking airplane...great work. Congratulations.

from my understanding its a completely different model and package that has nothing to do with the 300

dvj
April 20th, 2013, 06:54
Very slow download. 6+ hours?

Sundog
April 20th, 2013, 06:58
from my understanding its a completely different model and package that has nothing to do with the 300

Indeed. The model itself for this package was made by Samdim.

gman5250
April 20th, 2013, 07:35
Thanks guys.
I think what I am meaning to say is this. I bought the Dash 8 Q-300, previously sold by Majestic. It was a premium priced model...$43.00 US. That particular model appeared to be a port over and not FSX native. From a systems standpoint the model was well worth the money, however I felt it lacked the asthetic benefits of a pure FSX creation.

My question is will Majestic offer the new model at a discount to people who have already purchased the earlier release of their Dash 8 from them.

I'm sure I'll pop for the new plane...it's awesome, however from that point the earlier 300 version will be a throwaway.

Naruto-kun
April 20th, 2013, 08:20
Actually afaik the 300 is almost a different plane. The Q400 is totally different. I dont think there is a discount for it.

samdim
April 20th, 2013, 10:24
Congratulation Dimitri for your brand new Dash! Some of you already knows this, but I'd like to remind you that this Majestic Software Dash Q400 is actually the baby of Dimitri, (...) and decided to go payware with his Dash, smart move... Long live Samdim and Majestic Software!

Thank you for kind words, but this is not completely true. Samdim Design (Nikolai and I) made everything about the visuals, but the heart and the soul of the plane is an oeuvre of Oleksiy who spent already few years developing systems before he contacted us. So we didn't decided to go Dash, we just joined Oleksiy and followed a two-year road with him (and will continue)

Dimitri

dvj
April 20th, 2013, 12:22
Anyone else who has dowloaded this model having trouble with the audio? Exterior view audio is very low and flat, but flyby audio is loud and distorted with no midrange. Strange. Something not right. Guess it's time to ping support. There are other 3rd party audio files for this aircraft that I know are quite impressive, but for $60 bong bucks, I'd expecte better.

got it off the ground easily enough. Flies nice, but I have not check out all the flight computers yet. Exterior and VC textures are very good.

dvj

Tim-HH
April 20th, 2013, 15:01
Anyone else who has dowloaded this model having trouble with the audio? Exterior view audio is very low and flat

Yes, I have the same problem.

But otherwise it's a great addon!

Greetings
Tim

mjrhealth
April 20th, 2013, 15:56
The old q300 as mentioned was a fs9 import bu worked quiet well in fsx. He did post on his pld forum that he may use lessons learnt form the 400 to upgrade the 300. So im waiting. It is still a good plane just the VC and gauge textures realy need an upgade. Its the only reason I dont fly it.

Ark
April 20th, 2013, 21:43
I'm still having trouble figuring out why the model will not utilize Alpha channels. The repaints are sort of "matte" finished and editing the Alpha channles seems to have no effect (niether paint or glass textures).

That's a big "no-no" for osme of us repainters. IIRC, Airsimmer did this with their Airbus and it was complained about then as well.

Tim-HH
April 21st, 2013, 01:49
Anyone else who has dowloaded this model having trouble with the audio? Exterior view audio is very low and flat

Setting the speaker configuration in windows to 7.1 has solved the problem for me :)

Greetings
Tim

dvj
April 21st, 2013, 07:23
Setting the speaker configuration in windows to 7.1 has solved the problem for me :)

Greetings
Tim

No fix here. Looks like Majestic software has gone offline. No response yet from Just Flight Support.

Martyn
April 21st, 2013, 08:27
No fix here. Looks like Majestic software has gone offline. No response yet from Just Flight Support.

Unfortunately we are having to concentrate on activation issues today, but we will respond to all other emails tomorrow.

I would recommend emailing support@majesticsoftware.com

Lionheart
April 21st, 2013, 09:35
Unfortunately we are having to concentrate on activation issues today, but we will respond to all other emails tomorrow.

I would recommend emailing support@majesticsoftware.com

Thanks Martyn. I am one of those that has been having the activation problems. Will email direct.

Bill

kdfw
April 24th, 2013, 22:31
i don't normally fly passenger a/c in fsx but for the q400, made an exception. this is an excellent a/c, frame rate is amazingly high considering the complexity and graphics quality.

heavy
April 26th, 2013, 17:05
Question,

I got this from Simmarket but got no activation key. Where does that come from? I checked my downloads and my email but nithing. Please advise!

Thanks in advance...

H

heavy
April 26th, 2013, 17:13
Nevermind to my last post! I'm an over anxious idiot.....it works now!

H

Javis
April 26th, 2013, 17:14
H, login to your account at Simmarket, click 'your orders' from the dropdown menu, click your Dash 8 order and there you'll find your activation key/reg code.

Kiwikat
April 26th, 2013, 20:47
I am surprised this isn't getting more publicity. This plane does so many things that nobody else has ever done in (and out!) of FSX. The frame rate is absolutely incredible for the realism. I would have expected this to hit my computer like the NGX does, but it stays locked at 30 FPS in all but the most demanding scenarios (where non Q400 things drag down FPS). The flight model is unlike anything I've experienced in the MSFS world, the sounds are nice, and for the most part, the textures and modeling are a home run. There are some very minor quality issues, and there's still a few rough edges, but I am sure they will address them as time goes on.

Between the relatively obscure FMC, the realistic external FDE, and being a turboprop, this is definitely the most challenging "tube" I've flown in FS. Going to provide many hours of fun! :applause:

Can't wait till we've got shared cockpit capability!

ColoKent
April 26th, 2013, 20:55
...you convinced me Kiwikat!

Kent

CODY
April 27th, 2013, 02:05
I am surprised this isn't getting more publicity. This plane does so many things that nobody else has ever done in (and out!) of FSX. The frame rate is absolutely incredible for the realism. I would have expected this to hit my computer like the NGX does, but it stays locked at 30 FPS in all but the most demanding scenarios (where non Q400 things drag down FPS). The flight model is unlike anything I've experienced in the MSFS world, the sounds are nice, and for the most part, the textures and modeling are a home run. There are some very minor quality issues, and there's still a few rough edges, but I am sure they will address them as time goes on.

Between the relatively obscure FMC, the realistic external FDE, and being a turboprop, this is definitely the most challenging "tube" I've flown in FS. Going to provide many hours of fun! :applause:

Can't wait till we've got shared cockpit capability!

Kiwi
I'm looking at this...Kinda...Just not a whole lot pic's running around of the "Whole Plane"...any chance you guys that have it can show us what it looks like on a everyday system? Inside and out?
And with some things I've been reading around the forums...there are some issues.
A lot of money for me to shell out right now and I just need to make sure I don't make any more bad expensive choice's:blind:!

Tim-HH
April 27th, 2013, 07:43
Here are a few pictures of this excellent aircraft :jump:

http://s1.directupload.net/images/130427/unxh7ua9.jpg

http://s1.directupload.net/images/130427/dsoowvfq.jpg

http://s1.directupload.net/images/130427/sd67zhyg.jpg

http://s14.directupload.net/images/130427/lckjuiip.jpg

Greetings
Tim

CODY
April 27th, 2013, 09:34
Nice Tim....Cockpit shots make more enticing!:wiggle:

Lionheart
April 27th, 2013, 21:36
Great pics Tim! Impressive...

I am trying to learn this thing. Taking a few flights. Just found out how to ground steer it via joy stick 'aileron input'. sigh....

So much to learn in this plane.

alehead
April 28th, 2013, 01:12
The MJC Q400 has an external FDE which allows amazing performance in FSX. It will fly through overcast from Opus with visible icing effects over FTX England all day at the set 30 fps. The FMS is very quirky and nothing much like the Boeing or Airbus concept. It is more hands, even in the cruise. As in real life, the rudder needs to be trimmed during all stages of flight, even with the autopilot on. You will need varying degrees of right rudder trim to keep wings level, given the amount of torque from the propellers (they both spin the same direction) and such. Landing is fun, as you need to keep the power on all the way to the runway. Cutting to idle to flare too early will slow her down and you fall like a brick to the ground. Great turboprop simulation with a spot on sound sim. She sounds just like I remember it when taxiing, with the propellers in beta.

This is great already. There are a few issues which are being dealt with. Check out the MJC forum to keep track. For me, not one of the issues has been a showstopper so far.

For me a clear recommendation. If you are on the fence, you might want to wait for an official review, but the vast number of great YT videos on the plane in a short space of time bear witness.

I have completed four or five 90 minute runs in it and already love it. It is certainly not a "take off, switch on George and forget" plane...

A

Andrew Entwistle

alehead
April 28th, 2013, 01:15
If you have a spare old USB joystick, you can set it up as a tiller, assigning the spoiler axis to one of the joystick axes (I use the rudder twist). Gives me a totally separate ground steering element. Not even the NGX gives me this I believe. :)

A

Andrew Entwistle

jetstreamsky
April 28th, 2013, 03:37
If you have a spare old USB joystick, you can set it up as a tiller, assigning the spoiler axis to one of the joystick axes (I use the rudder twist). Gives me a totally separate ground steering element. Not even the NGX gives me this I believe. :)

That's a great idea, except my rudder twist is already unused as I have pedals, thanks :applause:

This is a wonderful model, love the sounds especially while taxying and framerates are outstanding despite the detail, I can only assume the FSX engine is really holding things back for other models given the fidelity of this one.

CODY
April 28th, 2013, 04:57
WOW!.....I went and done bought this here plane....My biggest question...and to me the most important...Is why does this thing run so dagum smooth?
This plane should be a new bench mark for all others to follow!
I don't know how you guys did it....but you have one extremely happy customer!

griphos
April 28th, 2013, 05:20
It's so smooth because its basically only using FSX as a scenery generator. The flight model is completely external to FSX. This causes some problems with some addons and virtual airlines, etc, since they are looking at FSX for info on the plane and its not there. It does show how limiting FSX can be for certain types of aircraft and what can be done outside of it.

Lionheart
April 28th, 2013, 13:13
It's so smooth because its basically only using FSX as a scenery generator. The flight model is completely external to FSX. This causes some problems with some addons and virtual airlines, etc, since they are looking at FSX for info on the plane and its not there. It does show how limiting FSX can be for certain types of aircraft and what can be done outside of it.

Thats amazing news.... Thanks Griphos.

Bill

dvj
April 28th, 2013, 14:53
No words for this one

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/5644/q400freeze.jpg

CODY
April 28th, 2013, 15:29
No words for this one

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/5644/q400freeze.jpg

I can think of few...Mayday...Mayday...Or Oh crap...
Or Great shot!

JIMJAM
April 28th, 2013, 16:46
This one looks incredible. I use to be a cold n dark systems junkie but as good as she looks I just know I would rarely fly it. I still buy the high end addons because that usually means the fm,soundset and graphics are top notch. I am now an cnt-e start up kinda guy and usually hack in a gps.Thats kinda sinfull on a plane like this but I just no longer can sit for the time it takes to properly learn how to operate and fly a systems heavy plane like this one.
Show me how to get this thing up and running easily and now to install a basic autopilot and I will buy it.

BTW- Looking at the pics I bet that rear bottom fuse gets good and scratched up. Man thats one long awkward looking plane.

doublecool
April 29th, 2013, 13:28
This is a very well done aircraft :applause: Thank you Team Majestic :wavey:

dougal
April 29th, 2013, 13:42
Although this baby has some glitches that need sorting, it's clearly been a major breakthrough in FSX coding. The only thing I REALLY don't like, is that it only has a form of locked spot external view - no smooth FSX flow view. I understand Majestic are working on the 'glitches', and once done, this really will be an amazing piece of kit. Well done Majestic!

Roger
April 29th, 2013, 14:05
Although this baby has some glitches that need sorting, it's clearly been a major breakthrough in FSX coding. The only thing I REALLY don't like, is that it only has a form of locked spot external view - no smooth FSX flow view. I understand Majestic are working on the 'glitches', and once done, this really will be an amazing piece of kit. Well done Majestic!

That's interesting about the "locked spot" view. I only use "Gradual transition" in spot view and can't get on with the locked "aeroplane on a stick" view. I was thinking I'd get this aircraft when I build my next pc but if locked spot is the only option then I will have to pass.

ncooper
April 30th, 2013, 00:28
You can easily add the spot view (to any aircraft) yourself.
Copy the spot view entry from

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ca meras.cfg

It is [CameraDefinition.003]

and paste it into
FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\aircraft.cfg at the end of the

[CameraDefinition.9] entry
and rename it to
[CameraDefinition.10]
Save your changes.

I actually prefer the "aircraft on a stick" and have removed the spot view
from FSX altogether. Each to their own:icon_lol:

dougal
May 3rd, 2013, 02:44
You can easily add the spot view (to any aircraft) yourself.
Copy the spot view entry from

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ca meras.cfg

It is [CameraDefinition.003]

and paste it into
FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\aircraft.cfg at the end of the

[CameraDefinition.9] entry
and rename it to
[CameraDefinition.10]
Save your changes.

I actually prefer the "aircraft on a stick" and have removed the spot view
from FSX altogether. Each to their own:icon_lol:

Although I haven't yet tried, I'm pretty sure - almost certain in fact, this cannot done on this model.

ncooper
May 3rd, 2013, 09:26
I try not to post misleading or incorrect information.
In order to avoid this, I tried the edit before I posted and it
does indeed work.

Mach3DS
May 3rd, 2013, 20:49
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8405/8706743828_eda78bfac2_h.jpg

Ark
May 3rd, 2013, 23:35
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8405/8706743828_eda78bfac2_h.jpg

WOW, great shot!

Are you using ENB Series or SweetFX? If so, what are your settings? Looks amazing.

jeansy
May 6th, 2013, 02:44
New in V1.006 The changes from the previous 1.005 version are grouped in the following categories:
FDE
+ aircraft.cfg: updated gear positions for smoother repositions
+ Writing Vertical Speed for compatibility with other 3rd party addons
+ mjc84.ini: Power Levers set for 0 position at DISC to enable the Reverse, using F2 button
SYSTEMS
+ Secondary bus will be powered by the APU
+ Sound: modified for Windows8 usage
+ Nav: Fixed the DME antenna position
+ VHFs: Fixed the COM range to include 136.XXX
FMS
+ NavManager: Fixed Heading to Altitude procedural navigation
+ NavManager: Fixed Course to Altitude procedural navigation
+ NavManager: Fixed Course from Fix to Altitude procedural navigation
+ TERMINAL navigation: leg termination threshold is now 1.0 nm

MODEL
+ Included the wing and propeller views in the Virtual Cockpit

EFIS
+ Fixed the incorrect inverse text output

OTHER
+ Fixed the un-installer

Mach3DS
May 6th, 2013, 05:19
@Ark, In this shot I'm using ENB, and settings I found called "24hr" but I can't remember for the life of me where I downloaded from. However if you PM me I can set you up with the files. :)

Thanks Jeansy, I just got that email. I've never purchased anything from Just Flight until the Q400, and if this is part of their customer service, I'm very impressed. Glad to see that the "F2" reverse is now incorporated!

jeansy
May 18th, 2013, 14:45
for the people who may be struggling with the systems and or would like to know how

i know the first one has happened, but theres another and theres some news coming out about something soon

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/17144-dash8-q400-training/

CG_1976
May 18th, 2013, 16:48
for the people who may be struggling with the systems and or would like to know how

i know the first one has happened, but theres another and theres some news coming out about something soon

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/17144-dash8-q400-training/

Thanks for the HU jeansy. I have RW experience with the Canadian North Q100's but this Q400 is a different animal for sure. I am interested especially after someone painted a Air Greenland for the new Dash.

Ark
May 18th, 2013, 17:06
@Ark, In this shot I'm using ENB, and settings I found called "24hr" but I can't remember for the life of me where I downloaded from. However if you PM me I can set you up with the files. :)

Thanks Jeansy, I just got that email. I've never purchased anything from Just Flight until the Q400, and if this is part of their customer service, I'm very impressed. Glad to see that the "F2" reverse is now incorporated!

Thanks! :icon29:

jetstreamsky
May 18th, 2013, 21:17
I don't understand why they changed the reverse thrust system, it worked perfectly before and is far more realistic on the throttle than an F key.

kdfw
May 18th, 2013, 21:20
only thing that changed with rev thrust is the default setting. you can still calibrate it to work without f2 as before.

flaviossa
June 9th, 2013, 13:19
A new version is available at simmarket.com: 1.007
I think the other vendors already have it too :salute:

CG_1976
December 8th, 2013, 20:46
X-mas req to majestic painter please. Seems I have received a e-mail from a friend who flies there Dash 8400 in Canadian North colors that is available there. Would any of our painter's kindly give thought to a Canadian North paint please.

yankeeromeo
December 9th, 2013, 06:04
Hello Folks,
Just received a link from simmarket, a new version 1.008 is available.
:ernaehrung004:

Martyn
December 9th, 2013, 07:43
The latest version is also available on Just Flight (if purchased from us!)

http://www.justflight.com/supportfaq/majestic-software-dash8-q400-pilot-edition#7af74a6