PDA

View Full Version : Boston

kelticheart
April 15th, 2013, 23:32
I just saw on the news what happened in Boston, I cannot believe it.

While I feel deeply touched by all who were grievously wounded or lost their lives, I am also very concerned about the fate of our sim friends who might have gotten involved.

Naturally, my first thoughts went to Rami, his family/friends and his wife's family/friends, I pray that no one was involved at all. Off the top of my head I cannot recall if there's any other SOH/CFS2 forum member living in the Boston area, but I sincerely hope none was hurt.

My best wishes to all of the people who were there and had to suffer at the hands of the preying werewolves who cowardly hit, once again, innocent bystanders. I thank God, at least, US justice is not as soft as ours. No rights should ever be granted to whom who willingly forfeited them by hurting or killing on purpose innocent beings.

Stefano "kelticheart" Denti

Rami
April 16th, 2013, 04:06
Kelti,

Let me assure you that I, my wife, and my kids are okay, at least physically. If my kids were a few years older, we would have likely been there to watch the marathon in person. The Boston Marathon to the people of Massachusetts is kind of an official "marker" that winter has ended, and that spring is finally here. Most likely, I would have been right there in Copley Square, which scares me.

Some friends of ours were also there, and we finally got in contact with them late last night. That was a godsend. This also happened in a city with many of the best hospitals in the world, and the units there to help the runners at the Boston Marathon sprang into action immediately and began helping the wounded. They, the EMTs, Police Officers, and Fire Fighters deserve recognition and appreciation.

My toughest job last night was to place my daughter in my lap and explain to her what happened, and why someone might do this. I had to tell her that I do not know, and will not know for a while why someone would do this. She then asked "what if they planted a bomb in our house?" That one really choked me up, so aside from reassuring her that Erica and I would not allow that to happen, my wife and I both grabbed flashlights and "swept the house" for bombs with my daughter in tow, and made sure to look under her bed and in her drawers and the closet. She went to sleep with a smile on her face, while my wife and I hugged and shed a lot of tears about the world we are bringing up our children in.

This is going to be a rough road for all of us.

Thank you from the deepest depths of my heart, Kelti, for your respect, consideration, hospitality, and warmth. May God smile upon Fidenza always, my friend.

kelticheart
April 17th, 2013, 01:04
Kelti,

Let me assure you that I, my wife, and my kids are okay, at least physically. If my kids were a few years older, we would have likely been there to watch the marathon in person. The Boston Marathon to the people of Massachusetts is kind of an official "marker" that winter has ended, and that spring is finally here. Most likely, I would have been right there in Copley Square, which scares me.

Some friends of ours were also there, and we finally got in contact with them late last night. That was a godsend. This also happened in a city with many of the best hospitals in the world, and the units there to help the runners at the Boston Marathon sprang into action immediately and began helping the wounded. They, the EMTs, Police Officers, and Fire Fighters deserve recognition and appreciation.

My toughest job last night was to place my daughter in my lap and explain to her what happened, and why someone might do this. I had to tell her that I do not know, and will not know for a while why someone would do this. She then asked "what if they planted a bomb in our house?" That one really choked me up, so aside from reassuring her that Erica and I would not allow that to happen, my wife and I both grabbed flashlights and "swept the house" for bombs with my daughter in tow, and made sure to look under her bed and in her drawers and the closet. She went to sleep with a smile on her face, while my wife and I hugged and shed a lot of tears about the world we are bringing up our children in.

This is going to be a rough road for all of us.

Thank you from the deepest depths of my heart, Kelti, for your respect, consideration, hospitality, and warmth. May God smile upon Fidenza always, my friend.

You're welcome, Andrew.

Needless to say that your daughter's question choked me up too. What really made me think is how smart and educational was Erica's and your reaction to turn it into almost a game, by taking her on a "bomb-bust" mission throughout the house. Only a true and true teacher/educator would have thought of blunting a child's fear edge so brilliantly. No wonder she went to sleep smiling, I smiled too!

Although I empathise deeply with your comment about "the world we are bringing up our chidren in", I cannot refrain from thinking how lucky your children are to have such a dad and mom.

Notwithstanding the direction this world will take, they will grow up to be nicely balanced, fine human beings with the inner security and strength provided to them by loving parents and the derived capability to face intelligently any bad situation life will throw at them. After all, parenthood is the toughest job any of us can face, rest assured you and Erica are doing a fine one.

Stefano

Rami
April 17th, 2013, 03:19
Kelti,

The reaction to turn it into a game was just instinct, perhaps refined by my educational training. It was the first thing that came to mind to help make her feel safe. What also kills me is I have an educational conference in Boston today, and my daughter is terrified that "daddy might get blown up." She thinks Boston is now a scary place.

I promised her I'd call her every couple of hours to make sure she knows that daddy is all right.

Rami
April 18th, 2013, 02:42
Good morning,

I just wanted to share this...Boston is coming back. We will not bow to terror.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzMsagY7oRs