PDA

View Full Version : Twenty Four Minutes of Lightning

hawkeye52
April 15th, 2013, 10:30
- H52

Thanks Tako for the correction. I copied the link shown in the You-Tube slot while I was watching the P-38 video. Anyhow, here is the correct link:

<cite>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3nddCJbcdI</cite>

- h52

Tako_Kichi
April 15th, 2013, 11:09
Hmm that link had nothing to do with lightning but led instead to a tea party propaganda video. Having watched it I must say it actually makes a lot of sense (even to this non-American) and could apply to a lot of countries around the world.

stansdds
April 15th, 2013, 11:18
In before the lock.

Great Ozzie
April 15th, 2013, 11:36
Hmm that link had nothing to do with lightning but led instead to a tea party propaganda video. Having watched it I must say it actually makes a lot of sense (even to this non-American) and could apply to a lot of countries around the world.

Hi Tako

I don't understand why you would call something from the "Tea Party" a "propaganda video".

Btw... I have for many years said if Americans really knew what they paid in taxes there could very well be another "revolution." (not that I approved of the first... weird as that may sound... really don't know what side I would have joined).

-Rob

Thanks Tako for the correction. I copied the link shown in the You-Tube slot while I was watching the P-38 video. Anyhow, here is the correct link:

- h52

lol... thanks for posting the "right" one.

Navy Chief
April 15th, 2013, 12:01
I watched the video in its entirety. I agree with every comment and suggestion voiced in it.

Unfortunately, I fear our country has gone past the point of saving it before a revolution takes place. There is too much passivity, because of all the free handouts. Nobody is willing to refuse something for nothing. Our country is going broke. Raising taxes on the wealthy will not work.

Me? I'm getting out of Dodge before the ceiling crumbles, hopefully.

Much as I wish things would turn around in the U.S., I just don't see it happening.

NC

hawkeye52
April 15th, 2013, 12:06
Fellas, fellas!

The original link was posted erroneously; an innocent mistake.

If you want to make political commentary, I don't mind, but please keep it moderate.
At least we're in the proper forum.:icon_lol:

- h52

Roger
April 15th, 2013, 12:10
Dunno about tea parties...we don't do politics here...but I really enjoyed the P38 talk and walk through. It's great to listen to someone who really knows their stuff and this guy really knows his P38s:engel016:

Tako_Kichi
April 15th, 2013, 13:56
Hi Tako

I don't understand why you would call something from the "Tea Party" a "propaganda video".

From the definition of 'propaganda' I found online:

Noun

Information, esp. of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.
The dissemination of such information as a political strategy.

Items one and two seem to fit the video perfectly. It doesn't matter one jot if a person agrees or disagrees with the message as the message itself is still, by definition, propaganda.

Regardless the point is moot as the original link has been corrected and as others have stated this is not the place for politics although this discussion is more about the English language and it's usage rather than the political content of the original video.

Navy Chief
April 15th, 2013, 15:42

Noun

Information, esp. of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

Items one and two seem to fit the video perfectly. It doesn't matter one jot if a person agrees or disagrees with the message as the message itself is still, by definition, propaganda.

Regardless the point is moot as the original link has been corrected and as others have stated this is not the place for politics although this discussion is more about the English language and it's usage rather than the political content of the original video.

Well, the information mentioned in that video wasn't misleading. In my opinion, the entire video explained perfectly how so MANY Americans feel about the direction this country is headed, and the frustration we feel. Truly, it was hoped the last election would turn things around. But not so the case. if anything, the train headed for "Bankruptcy Station" just picked up steam, and is barreling down the tracks. NC

Great Ozzie
April 15th, 2013, 15:45

Noun

Maybe we can discuss on SOH teamspeak sometime (during the Western Roundup?) as I do not see the " biased / misleading" aspect(s).

Thanks,
Rob

Well, the information mentioned in that video wasn't misleading.

Hey Chief,

We got to tread lightly here... we both going to get stuck in the brig. :)

Navy Chief
April 15th, 2013, 16:04
Maybe we can discuss on SOH teamspeak sometime (during the Western Roundup?) as I do not see the " biased / misleading" aspect(s).

Thanks,
Rob

Hey Chief,

We got to tread lightly here... we both going to get stuck in the brig. :)

Hey Rob, you're probably right:). One more beer, and then I'll catch the last liberty bus back to the barracks..... NC