PDA

View Full Version : Left Fuel tank burns first

ryanbatc
April 13th, 2013, 12:41
Grrr, been having this issue for a few months. My default saved flight is the stock C172 but anytime I've got a plane with more than one fuel tank the left one burns unevenally... and it's most annoying in planes with a fuel system that sucks from both at once... I have to manually refil the left one in flight. Any ideas?

ncooper
April 13th, 2013, 13:07
Load your default flight, enter the Cessna VC, look down at the fuel tank selector.
Set the switch to both, pointing straight ahead and save the flight again, allowing
it to overwrite the original.

Regards,
Nick.

Tube and Rag
April 13th, 2013, 13:49
This is actually a real-life characteristic of the Skyhawk, but I have no idea if FSX is truly modeling it. It happens because the fuel vent is located on the left wing and thus puts a bit more air pressure in the left tank than in the right tank.

TeaSea
April 13th, 2013, 13:57
Yep. Real life 172's suck fuel from the left tank faster than the right due to the vent. No need to pump though, simply flip the tank to "right" for 10 minutes or so every hour. On landing, flip to the fullest tank. The default is to draw from both tanks, but that doesn't mean that's where it should be all the time.

mjrhealth
April 13th, 2013, 19:09
The default flight must be saved with both tanks selected or FSX fuel doesnt work properly, outside of that you can select any tank anytime once flight is loaded.

TeaSea
April 14th, 2013, 12:30
whoops...good point.