PDA

View Full Version : A Hop, Skip and a Whoa!.....

Matt Wynn
April 12th, 2013, 21:18
good news folks a new desktop has been purchased... it's a bit of a powerhouse, will be built and delivered hopefully this week, but here's the basic spec;

Case: Corsair Graphite 600T Special Edition White
Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 Gold Modular 1050W
Processor: Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5Ghz
Overclocking: None
Processor Cooler: Corsair H80 Water Cooling System
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz/PC12800
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77
Graphics card: 2 x Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB in SLI
Hard Drive: Corsair 120GB SSD Solid State Drive Force3
2nd Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive 7200rpm 32MB Cache
3rd Hard Drive: None
RAID: None
Sound card: Creative SoundBlaster Recon 3D Professional
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate

so.... i guess it's going to be all hands to the pump to up the game a bit more here soon, but i already am making ground on non-bare metal/photoreal paintkit for the Section F8 Sabre :) :jump:

TuFun
April 12th, 2013, 22:02
What a beast of a machine!!! Will slice thru textures like a hot knife thru butter! ;)

Naismith
April 12th, 2013, 23:47
Are going to stick with FS9 or move across to FSX or P3D, that is a powerhouse of a PC and will comfortably run a medium sized nations GDP. :icon_lol:

stuartcox
April 12th, 2013, 23:55
Fantastic News Matt!
I can vouch for the GTX 660, I only purchased one a few weeks ago. But Two? Sounds awesome together with the i7 processor and very fast 32 Gig RAM...!
Congratulations! I'm jealous... :-)

stansdds
April 13th, 2013, 03:27
Sounds like a great computer to me!

wombat666
April 13th, 2013, 04:19
Nice box Matt, you won't know yourself!
:applause:

Matt Wynn
April 13th, 2013, 05:59
i'm actually looking forwards to having a high-end rig... and finally seeing traffic in FS9..... and performance increase.... and rest assure i will not defect to the dark side entirely, FS9 is still my home :salute:

Matt Wynn
April 14th, 2013, 10:38
and just another purchase... a Wacom Cintiq to assist with the repaint work and my business... folks... hold on to your hats.... i'm coming back with a bang! :icon_lol:

already working on a new list of paintkits to make also :)

ian elliot
April 14th, 2013, 10:42
and just another purchase... a Wacom Cintiq to assist with the repaint

im going to google that, cause i hav'nt a clue what one is :icon_lol:
its a great sound rig Matt, when you get to run FS9 with the sliders on max, i'tll feel like FSX anyway, ive been there and it feels real good.
cheers ian

Maarten -
April 14th, 2013, 12:24
Congrats mate! Sounds awesome.

Cheers,
Maarten:guinness:

Matt Wynn
April 14th, 2013, 12:32
im going to google that, cause i hav'nt a clue what one is :icon_lol:
its a great sound rig Matt, when you get to run FS9 with the sliders on max, i'tll feel like FSX anyway, ive been there and it feels real good.
cheers ian

the Cintiq, Ian, is an LCD Graphics Tablet, basically the one i've ordered is an older one, it's a 15" display and being an LCD you can see photoshop on that and use it as your standard graphics tablet while you can see what you're doing instead of having to adapt your hand/eye co-ordination to look at monitor while you draw on graphics tablet (mines off to my right) :salute:

and Cheers Maarten, looking forwards to helping the community out more....

Tom Clayton
April 14th, 2013, 18:09
Try undocking and moving your GPS and radio popups over to the Wacom - then use the pen to work the switches and buttons. It might make things easier.

Matt Wynn
April 14th, 2013, 20:01
Tom, thats a fantastic idea! :salute:

Matt Wynn
April 17th, 2013, 03:29
well as my new PC is under construction i'm finishing a few paints i have on my laptop before my laptop becomes my business machine... so i guess it's an FS Swansong for my laptop...

everyone seems to know who flew this particular P-51D for a while, so all i'll say is "Gentlemen.... You have a race!"... this and the Bardahl special will be the racer schemes to finish, then i can finish an RAF variant, and do my usual 'WhIf?' paint... for this time period it'd be a Royal Hellenic Air Force variant....

Matt Wynn
April 17th, 2013, 05:46
ok... now i can say it.... "Gentlemen, You have a race!"

.... Onto the white 'Bardahl special' scheme... anyone got any images of the registration as it was a custom one... N2869D

Matt Wynn
April 17th, 2013, 13:29
how does this look to everyone? got to make a few changes to the colour but apart from that i think it's pretty much there (EDIT: Border on reg nr. made narrower)

Matt Wynn
April 17th, 2013, 13:39
muuuuuuuuch better! :jump:

onto some RAF examples (Mustang IV's).....

Dumonceau
April 18th, 2013, 23:52
good news folks a new desktop has been purchased... it's a bit of a powerhouse, will be built and delivered hopefully this week, but here's the basic spec;

Case: Corsair Graphite 600T Special Edition White
Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 Gold Modular 1050W
Processor: Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5Ghz
Overclocking: None
Processor Cooler: Corsair H80 Water Cooling System
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz/PC12800
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77
Graphics card: 2 x Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB in SLI
Hard Drive: Corsair 120GB SSD Solid State Drive Force3
2nd Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive 7200rpm 32MB Cache
3rd Hard Drive: None
RAID: None
Sound card: Creative SoundBlaster Recon 3D Professional
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate

so.... i guess it's going to be all hands to the pump to up the game a bit more here soon, but i already am making ground on non-bare metal/photoreal paintkit for the Section F8 Sabre :) :jump:

IMHO, That thing SCREAMS out to be overclocked! I've got a humble i7 2600K overclocked to 4.8 Ghz which is just what you need to run FSX, so you can't imagine what it will do to FS9 with all the sliders maxed out and traffic at 100%!

Your rig won't even feel it's there!

Matt Wynn
April 19th, 2013, 17:46
well new PC should arrive next week so until then i'm flying my Aeroplane Heaven/Justflight Spitfire twin-tub up from Seattle to Alaska, across the Bering Straits into Russia then home to Greece, a fitting swansong journey for this laptop which has served as the 'stopgap'... i'm on the SoH Server so if you're in my path feel free to join in the cruise (Unfortunately it's 100% hand flying for me (Well in Current weather over Northern Washington it is... no point trimming for level in a lightweight Spitfire in this weather :icon_lol: just headed for first Refuel, likely at Comox with alternate at Vancouver (en-route so i can assess fuel load and decide whether i need to climb or decrease throttle and pitch slightly to make Comox, if neither, there it is...):salute:

so it's BYOC (Bring Your Own Cruiser), and BYOB :ernae: