PDA

View Full Version : Milton Shrupe's DH80 Ford Project Released

GarryJSmith
April 12th, 2013, 14:56
Hi Good Simmers,

Well the time has come - Edward Moore and I have just completed the Phase One part of the Milton Shupe's DH80 Project.

There is over 120 new liveries for this girl.

These liveries cover a wide range of aircraft flown during the 1930's era - both civil and military from all facets of global use of this excellent little aircraft - some are historical renditions, others best guess, several fictional and most of all several fun liveries.

Milton Shupe has graciously granted the exclusive rights to the Ford Project Team for his FLOATS version of this aircraft and we have created a bucket of liveries for her as well:

We have bundled up Phase One into a Self Installing Package - which contains 2 aircraft, DH80 and the DH80F (Floats) girls - with the DH80 having 3 models - Skirts, No Skirts, and Skis - so 4 version in the one package AND over 70 liveries scattered across all of those models.

Where do you get it !!!!!!!!!!

The Ford Project Site (http://www.ford-tri-motor.net)click on the Other Aircaft Button and select the DH80
or Direct Link
http://www.ford-tri-motor.net/de-havilland_80a.htm

There is also over 40 additional FREE liveries available for download from the new DH80 Page - so feel free to download and add them to the Project on your systems.

Edward and I hope you enjoy the fruits of our labour in creating this package - several hard months or work expended in the creation of this project and it is all yours for FREE personal use - Enjoy........

Regards and happy simming to all.

Garry J. Smith

magoo
April 12th, 2013, 21:45
Beautiful work Garry. (And lot's of it!!)
It'll take a while to explore them all.....and that's just purely devine.

Thank you so much!!

EMatheson
April 12th, 2013, 21:53
Downloading and installing now...

Mick
April 13th, 2013, 04:50
Thanks for all the hard work!

Is there a way to download the floatplane model without taking that enormous package of 70 paints with it, and the self-installer?

Edit: Never mind - I DL'd the package and I'll just aim the installer at a folder on my desktop to avoid the usual dangers those installers present.

Again, thanks for all that work!

kikas
April 13th, 2013, 05:02
Thanks for all the hard work!

Is there a way to download the floatplane model without taking that enormous package of 70 paints with it, and the self-installer?

I don't think there will ever be a model or a package that appeals to me so much that I would endanger my FS installations by using one of those self-installers. It's just not worth the risk.
Install to temp folder on your desktop and edit it how much you wish. I always do so and then check it with dxt3fixer thingy before copying anything to flightsim install. By the way this package had few textures with broken alpha channel that had to be fixed too in "texture.SP-AJU" folder

Mick
April 13th, 2013, 06:20
Install to temp folder on your desktop and edit it how much you wish. I always do so and then check it with dxt3fixer thingy before copying anything to flightsim install. By the way this package had few textures with broken alpha channel that had to be fixed too in "texture.SP-AJU" folder

Yeah, that's what I did. It's a lotta paints to browse through to decide which ones to keep, but that's OK; I'll do it when I have tthe time and inclination for it. Better to have too many and have choices!

Motormouse
April 13th, 2013, 06:21
Crikey Garry, you have been working like the one armed paper hanger!!

ttfn

Pete

kikas
April 13th, 2013, 07:10
I also forgot to say thanks for very nice gift. BIG THANK YOU GENTELMEN!

GarryJSmith
April 13th, 2013, 15:41
Hi all,

Firstly, the Installer is the Professional Level of The ClickTeam product - very safe - only risk is the end user choosing the wrong directory :wiggle:

There are no "broken Alpha files" - there are definately a few liveries that do not need alpha layers so they are not there.

Separating or stripping down the volume available is something that is the end users choice and can be done to meet their preferences.

We could have released this with a couple of liveries for the different models and then end users would have to manually select and add the ones they want - We thought it would be much easier for the end user to whittle down than to add a hundred plus liveries manually.

On Soapbox :wiggle:
One person has contacted me via several methods asking for the Aircraft.cfg entries required for the adding the additional textures. I think adding aircraft liveries to the aircraft.cfg file is something that is a fundamental and essential skill for simmers - very easy to master - been a needed skill since FS98 days - tens of thousands of liveries out there for many aircraft and without those skills the simmer is denying him/herself the pleasure of those liveries. Worth the 10 minutes of learning to open up a plethora of free stuff available.
Off Soapbox:wiggle:

Glad to see that most of the simmers out there have installed the DH80 Project and are having some fun with the bucket of textures and the excellent Milton Shupe DH80 girls:wiggle:

The good part about simming is that if you like something you can keep it - if not then it is only moments of effort to delete it. All up to the end user - and lets not forget that the Ford Project stuff is all FREE

Some guidance for the novice aircraft.cfg editors.

The minor edits are marked in red below:

[fltsim.##]
title=DH80 Puss Moth-Unique title for this repaint
sim=DH80
model=skirts XXX notes below
panel=silver
sound=
texture=title of the texture file texture.ABCDEF - use the bit after texture.
kb_checklists=
atc_id=
ui_manufacturer=De Havilland
ui_type=DH80 Puss Moth
ui_variation=Variant Name - normally the same as the texture name
description=First produced in 1929 the Puss Moth was very popular as a touring aircraft.
atc_heavy=0
atc_airline=Optional
atc_flight_number=normally the same as the texture name
atc_id_color=0x00000000
atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0
visual_damage=0
atc_parking_codes=DH80
atc_parking_types=RAMP

Notes: The models available for the DH80 are Skirts or NoSkirts or Ski's - however Ski's take their texture from around mid fuselage so if there is artwork there then it is not possible to use the selected texture set for the skis model

Regards

Blackbird686
April 16th, 2013, 10:46
Hats off you you guys.... :salute: Thanks for the superb repaints for Milton's dandy little Puss Moth.......BB686:USA-flag:

edmoore235
April 23rd, 2013, 19:22
OK, here is a view on a new Float version repaint by Mr. G.J. Smith: Coming soon, Pack 2.

Enjoy.

Ed

magoo
April 23rd, 2013, 21:36
I think there's an extended thanks due here...to Ed, Gary, and especially Milton; regarding a DH.80 with floats slung beneath. Something unexpected, unforseen, and offering the most pleasantly sweet aftertaste as per flying options and experience. I loath crossing Vancouver Island with only wheels beneath...looking down at all the clearcuts with nothing but unwieldy stumps and almost vertical gradiants. Yet...bolt up some floats.....and follow lakes....it all makes sense in a "low blood pressure sort-of-way..." An easy arrival at Tofino, and if crossing over to Sandspit @ Haida-Gwai.....the wide cold water is not so intimidating.

Thank you Ed.
Thank you Garry.
Thank you Milton.

This...is very...VERY....sweet.

edmoore235
April 24th, 2013, 09:42
Greetings,

Garry has completed a few fun DH80 Racing Team repaints - see picture:

Not sure if anyone else would want these but if you do just send me a PM with your email address
and I will email you back with a ZIP file attach with all four. Take care.

Ed

jrbirdman
April 24th, 2013, 15:29
Thank you guys, I really enjoy this plane. Nothing better than low and slow (except high and fast :icon_lol:). Definitely one of my favorites. Kind regards, Jeremy

edmoore235
April 26th, 2013, 22:53
Heads up on some new releases for aircraft and airlines of Africa.

85316 85318 85319 85320 85321 85322

Mr. Garry J. Smith has been very busy, also here are a few German repaints:

85323 85324

Should provide some extra choices for your flying fun!!! Take care.

Ed Moore

edmoore235
April 28th, 2013, 11:40
Greetings all,

See the two more liveries for Africa flying:

85543 85544

Enjoy - one for Union of South Africa and the other for Rhodesia.

Ed Moore