PDA

View Full Version : Myrtle Beach Air Show Postponed

beana51
April 10th, 2013, 14:39
2013 Airshow Press Release 2

Myrtle Beach Air Show Postponed Due to Federal Budget Cuts..So Do not come!...

The Myrtle Beach Air Show, scheduled for June 28-30, 2013, has been postponed as a result of federal budget cuts, which ultimately grounded the main attraction – the United States Air Force Thunderbirds. On March 1, the U.S. Air Force aerial demonstration team, also known as The Thunderbirds, announced the cancellation of their performances after April 1 due to federal budget cuts mandated by the sequestration. The Thunderbirds were scheduled to perform more than 60 demonstrations at 38 locations between March and November, demonstrating the capabilities of Airmen and supporting Air Force recruiting efforts.

This along with School kids not Permitted to Visit The Wh.....

Happy to report however ...The WH had a Big Bash Last night.....Very big...

p3aewguy
April 10th, 2013, 18:52
2013 Airshow Press Release 2

Myrtle Beach Air Show Postponed Due to Federal Budget Cuts..So Do not come!...

The Myrtle Beach Air Show, scheduled for June 28-30, 2013, has been postponed as a result of federal budget cuts, which ultimately grounded the main attraction – the United States Air Force Thunderbirds. On March 1, the U.S. Air Force aerial demonstration team, also known as The Thunderbirds, announced the cancellation of their performances after April 1 due to federal budget cuts mandated by the sequestration. The Thunderbirds were scheduled to perform more than 60 demonstrations at 38 locations between March and November, demonstrating the capabilities of Airmen and supporting Air Force recruiting efforts.

This along with School kids not Permitted to Visit The Wh.....

Happy to report however ...The WH had a Big Bash Last night.....Very big...

Yep! It's GREAT to be the Emperor and Empress! Emperor Barack the First and the Empress Michelle partied the night away! Why don't they ground the 89th Special Air Missions wing. That way, we don't have to pay for their vacations, Golf trips and shopping trips!

Daveroo
April 10th, 2013, 19:04
i see this thread getting locked quickly.....id love to comment..but i shant....

Allen
April 10th, 2013, 19:07
Main Thread
Why don't they look for private aircraft to do some things?

Daveroo
The thread was quite for quite awhile.

beana51
April 10th, 2013, 19:12
i see this thread getting locked quickly.....id love to comment..but i shant....

Yea !I guess!..However its Aviation news.Just The Facts,Mam...A negative impact for a lot of people..too Bad...

http://airshowmyrtlebeach.com/

stansdds
April 11th, 2013, 02:02
The USN has cancelled all Blue Angels appearances for the remainder of 2013 and the USAF will be grounding 1/3 of its combat fleet. And yes, this can get political real fast, so don't get me started. :a1451:

srgalahad
April 11th, 2013, 09:37
Main Thread
Why don't they look for private aircraft to do some things?

Those who know/care little about planes, history or industry don't give a hoot about a Bonanza or a DC-3 or a 787 - they are either 'dangerous toys', old relics from grandpa's day or flying buses with no "glamour" and few would pay $15 per person to see them as the 'star attraction'.

The loud military stuff is what attracts the masses that pay at the gate. Also they are funded and insured by the taxpayer whereas commercial aircraft would have to find insurance and fuel (or the shows would have to increase their coverage which is exorbitant to begin with.) The demonstration teams' justification is as a recruiting tool and the aircraft are tasked with being the 'poster child'.

I doubt that airlines or manufacturers would be able to budget for aircraft and crews to fly at an airshow every weekend through the summer, let alone sit on the ramp for two days not gaining revenue. Those days are long gone.

stansdds
April 12th, 2013, 02:06
Those who know/care little about planes, history or industry don't give a hoot about a Bonanza or a DC-3 or a 787 - they are either 'dangerous toys', old relics from grandpa's day or flying buses with no "glamour" and few would pay $15 per person to see them as the 'star attraction'.

The loud military stuff is what attracts the masses that pay at the gate. Also they are funded and insured by the taxpayer whereas commercial aircraft would have to find insurance and fuel (or the shows would have to increase their coverage which is exorbitant to begin with.) The demonstration teams' justification is as a recruiting tool and the aircraft are tasked with being the 'poster child'.

I doubt that airlines or manufacturers would be able to budget for aircraft and crews to fly at an airshow every weekend through the summer, let alone sit on the ramp for two days not gaining revenue. Those days are long gone.

I think you have pretty well summed it up. I would pay and have paid to just walk along lines of vintage civilian aircraft, but I'm an aviation nut. Average Joe wants to see fast and loud in the skies and is not likely to pay to look at a line of restored Beech and Cessna aircraft and a bunch of home built aircraft.

Odie
April 12th, 2013, 15:57
I hate to see the cancellation of the airshows, not only for me and my family's enjoyment, but I always use the
ocassion to thank the crew/base personnel for their service and wish them the best of luck. An area's airshow is probably
the one time a year that the military and public get to meet on a grand scale and it truly is a national as well as regional
event as we travel across the U.S. to certain shows.

Decades ago, my Dad played a large role every year in getting Barksdale AFB's Holiday in Dixie Open House weekend
ready for the public. It was an intense week of prep work but he made sure his part was ready to go when the base
would open to the public.