PDA

View Full Version : My Logbook,Gunther Rall

Daveroo
April 1st, 2013, 16:03
i saw this book on sportys pilot shop,its Guther Ralls "My logbook".....the price is outrageous...have a look...the book looks good and id thought about it until i saw the price....as ive said before..i know Bud Anderson,and i email him..so i sent him an email about it and this is his reply:

Dear Dave, Yes I knew Gunther, I wrote the foreword to that book. That editor translated my book in German in that same format with many additional photos and Gunther wrote the foreword to it. I think that Gunther's book sold for around $75 when first issued.I have been to many events with him and also visited him in his home in Bavaria. I sent a week with him in Oshkosh the summer before he passed away. I am surprised at that price, must be sold out and that is an after market price. It is a great book but the price is incredible. I did not meet him, until many years after the war. Take care (bud anderson)

http://www.sportys.com/WrightBros/product/17980?utm_source=WB&utm_medium=email&utm_content=MyLogBookByGuntherRallSignedBook&utm_campaign=W13041A

Dave

beana51
April 1st, 2013, 17:53
I guess its a signed copy...this book can be had for $75.00 at some sites Not signed!..But in fairness even at Amazon there are
2 used from $499.38 one collectable ,signed ,from $795.00 . At EBAY, one signed copy sold winning bid $228.50...Seems prices are all over the place..But a book new condition,and really signed by him?,and not by someone else representing him?..is a collectors item...An investment,better than paper money,more like gold......Like to see one go to the PAWN SHOP!..have Fun my Friend...Vin!!

<tbody>

</tbody>