PDA

View Full Version : CTD with freelight or QC

davmag
January 9th, 2009, 09:42
Hello to all. I have a little extra time and decided to do a clean install for Europe CFS 2 with all the new addons. My Pacific install works fine with my PC and XP sp3. I am adding the eurotargets scenery and all the addons needed and now every time I try to fly or pick another aircraft the game crashes. I have checked size of modelnames file and deleted all dat files and nothing . I'd like to think I am fairly knowledgable about CFS2 as I made the Oldenburg GSL scenery a while back which possibly some people still use.I have been away for a while and had the itch to start playing again. Any help would be appreciated. I notice also on my Pacific install and the new install when in the game the text is strange looking and hard to read.

bearcat241
January 9th, 2009, 10:37
Dave, on that text problem, you must be using an Nvidia card....set your GPU anti-aliasing settings to "application contriolled"...not the sim settings, just the GPU outside of the sim. You can keep AA active in the sim.

For the CTD's, you have to reset your library scenery, inf and objects addons. Check this thread ----> http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=6712

davmag
January 11th, 2009, 07:53
Thanks for the help bearcat. I have everything going good now. I installed all of SDC's great landclass upgrades and was going through Rami's Europe install tutorial. In one part he says to move all scenedb/world/texture files to the eurw_LC_su_BETA4 texture folder. This did not work for me as strange squares were found in game play. I moved all instead to the CFS2/ main texture folder and all much better. I believe this is the correct method.
When installing Eurotarget scenery in the first 2 there are no GSL files so I used MW GSL edit and GSL check to convert layout files and this worked good with a little trouble. In the eurotargets 3-6 Ettico has given the layouts and the gsl files. I assume than no need to convert the layouts to GSL.
Props to all who made some great new addons for CFS2.