PDA

View Full Version : More Normandy 1944 objects being made....

Francois
March 29th, 2013, 00:27
Here's my next build..... the German Regelbau model 612 coastal anti-tank bunker..... work continues.....

huub vink
March 29th, 2013, 03:40
Nice Francois! Any chance you will model the Atlantic wall in my area? :icon_lol: We had a huge fortified naval battery in the north part of my village and an fortified army battery in the south part. A bit further south there was a radar installation (the radar installation described in Len Deighton's novel Bomber is probably based on this radar installation) and a large fortified flak battery.

The naval battery can be visited, but the rest is either demolished or covered with sand.

Cheers,
Huub

Francois
March 29th, 2013, 03:57
Hi Huub, that depends. On two things mainly: available time, and available material to use as model. I think the fortifications may be listed in the book I am using (but I focused on Normandy for now), but not sure. It shows a lot of bunkers and forts all the way up in Denmark and Norway too ! I think I can not build the Wall as quickly as the real thing was constructed ...... I don't have all those slaves available to me !