PDA

View Full Version : Another thrift store find

OBIO
March 27th, 2013, 18:16
After taking care of business at the bank, necessitated by someone or someones trying to make bogus charges to my bank card, I went to the local thrift store to see what was new and to pick up a small antique looking (not a real antique...just made to look like one) globe. Unfortunately, the globe was gone...should have bought it the many times I picked it up and put it back down over the course of two or three weeks. But I did find another gem to add to my WW2/military collection. Now this item is not from WW2....but it pertains to one element of WW2. It is the 1985 national directory for all living members of the 91st Bomb Group...produced by the Memorial Association for that Bomb Group. Is the directory worth the $2.99 that I paid for it? As a collectible item....most likely not. But as a really neat item to add to my collection...it is worth that money and much more. To be able to flip through those pages and to see the names of the men who served with the 91st Bomb Group, and their rank while with the group.....that adds a human element to my collection that very few of the items do.

Tim

Daveroo
March 27th, 2013, 20:13
thats cool....why would someones family let that go?

warchild
March 28th, 2013, 00:38
because.. Ehmm... Your fathers gone and we just havent got the space anymore to keep all this old junk around. ( or somthing along those line .. Bravo Obio.. nice find :) :) )