PDA

View Full Version : Bush Scenery for FSX

FSX68
March 27th, 2013, 12:02
Besides the payware OZX bush scenery Addons are there other freeware bush sceneries out there or, at least some competition to the OZX people?

srburger
March 27th, 2013, 13:04
richoday,

I think you're referring to ORBX. OZX is freeware. They have great addons for ORBX scenery (and others as well), but they are not affiliated with ORBX. I'm not aware of any alternatives to ORBX that are of comparable quality (with the exception of Tongass Fjords, which is essentially a "sister" project with the surrounding ORBX sceneries).

teeboy
March 27th, 2013, 13:09
Rteurn to Misty moorings perhaps - http://return.mistymoorings.com/

Does require Orbx FTXNA PFJ and possibly FSaddons Tongass Fjords tho' - does that qualify (especially with the price cut for Orbx legacy products!)?

FSX68
March 27th, 2013, 13:56
richoday,

I think you're referring to ORBX. OZX is freeware. They have great addons for ORBX scenery (and others as well), but they are not affiliated with ORBX. I'm not aware of any alternatives to ORBX that are of comparable quality (with the exception of Tongass Fjords, which is essentially a "sister" project with the surrounding ORBX sceneries).

You're right I got it mixed up. The OZX is freeware and the ORBX is payware. I should of asked if there is/are any freeware bush scenery that is on par with ORBX?
the OZX is nice but I was more interested in areas in North America like what ORBX does. Thanks for pointing out the differences, got my wires crossed.

The so called "freeware" offered at ORBX is freeware with the caveat that you purchase PNW. Nice of them to GIVE you something if you buy something, guess it is what it is.
I tried some of their so called freeware but it hosed up my computer (had to reinstall FSX/Acell) and the free scenery had runways that looked like they were below level of airport and other issues, only
to find out one needs to buy their stuff to make the free stuff work. I just can't see a using something (PNW) or any other giant scenery program for that matter that takes up
more real estate on my HD that I care to give up. Their BOB is free and that's about the only think that is really free

Adverb:

Without cost or payment

FSX68
March 27th, 2013, 14:01
Rteurn to Misty moorings perhaps - http://return.mistymoorings.com/

Does require Orbx FTXNA PFJ and possibly FSaddons Tongass Fjords tho' - does that qualify (especially with the price cut for Orbx legacy products!)?

I noticed there that requirements are items that one must purchase. I did not see any free scenery. I emailed owner of web page asking about scenery availibity
haven't heard back.....yet.

Daube
March 27th, 2013, 14:06
Indeed the sceneries offered at Return to Misty Moorings are free, but since they require a payware addon, it's not completely freeware.

For northern America/Alaska bush flights, I would recommend you the freeware packages nammed "Snow Dog Tours". The author has produced some other interesting packages for other areas.
Anyways, these freeware packages contain a high number (hundreds) of airports + airfields enhanced with various objects.
It's not on par with OrbX, but it's much, MUCH better than the default empty airfields.
http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/7024/fsx-snow-dog-tours-scenery/

mmann
March 27th, 2013, 14:09
... I should of asked if there is/are any freeware bush scenery that is on par with ORBX?

In a word, no.

In fact (my opinion only); not only are there no freeware products that are up to ORBX quality standards, there are precious few payware ones!