PDA

View Full Version : Fsuipc, two qestions...

ZIPPER010
March 27th, 2013, 06:30
When you install a newer version of FSUIPC does it remember the old settings or is everything blanc again?

the second question, if you install FSUIPC it does not ask for a Path where to install it, I have a second version of FSX on my external hard drive and want to install it on that version but it installs itself On my C drive instead.

Thanks for your input

roger-wilco-66
March 27th, 2013, 09:52
As far as I remember it installs over the previous version and keeps the settings. If you want to play safe, make copies of the ini files in the modules folder and compare them or copy them back after the upgrade.

I don't have two installations, but I figure that if you copy the ingredients of the FSX/modules/ folder to the second installation it should work. Mind the ini files if they differ between the installations. Ah, and copy the startup in the dll.xml.
Not sure if that is enough, though.

HTH
Mark

mbmorgan
March 27th, 2013, 10:03
A good place to go for answers is the FSUIPC support forum: http://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

Mike

GypsyBaron
March 27th, 2013, 12:24
Whenever I installed one of the interim updates I simply unziped it into the 3 different 'Module' foldersthat I have. My
original Xp FSX install, my Win7 (dual-boot) FSX install and my P3D install .When doing a full install you just unzip the
install EXE file into the Module folder(s).

The FSUIPC4.ini files are retained intact but if new ini entries are part of the update they are inserted where necessary.
It is a well designed, well thought out, process that Pete has created.

Paul

ZIPPER010
March 27th, 2013, 23:37
Whenever I installed one of the interim updates I simply unziped it into the 3 different 'Module' foldersthat I have. My
original Xp FSX install, my Win7 (dual-boot) FSX install and my P3D install .When doing a full install you just unzip the
install EXE file into the Module folder(s).

The FSUIPC4.ini files are retained intact but if new ini entries are part of the update they are inserted where necessary.
It is a well designed, well thought out, process that Pete has created.

Paul

So copy the module folder to my other FSX installation Will do the trick Or need I do do more?
I Would like to transfer my settings also to the new installation

stovall
March 28th, 2013, 06:47
ZIPPER010, that should do the trick. Be sure your configuration settings file which is in the Modules folder is there once you transfer. Everything FSUIPC4 should be the same in both FSX builds.