PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love SketchUp, ADEX, and FSX...

rdaniell
March 26th, 2013, 17:55
The attached screen shot is of my house and back yard which I modelled in SketchUp and placed in FSX using ADEX.:kilroy:

RD

majorv
March 26th, 2013, 17:59
Awesome job - impressive work!

Sundog
March 26th, 2013, 18:49
Well, now you have to expand it and add your own grass strip next to it! ;)

Nice work.

Daveroo
March 26th, 2013, 19:09
what is ADEX?....very nice house...im learning sketchup8 and Artrage studio's...

OleBoy
March 26th, 2013, 19:16
Nice work RD. Did you pull the textures from photos and use them also?
Looking good!

rdaniell
March 26th, 2013, 19:17
what is ADEX?....very nice house...im learning sketchup8 and Artrage studio's...

ADEX = Airport Design Editor X(for FSX)

Dave, you'll love working with SketchUp. I left out model converter which you have to use to convert the DAE SketchUp file to a BGL file that can be used in FSX.

Ole Boy, yes I used images of different textures that I got from the web.

RD

rdaniell
March 27th, 2013, 13:33
....so I added my next door neighbors' houses.:running:

RD

Dimus
March 27th, 2013, 13:44
Good work!

If you keep at it you will reach Tifton airport and the airport scenery will look much better.:icon_lol:

rdaniell
March 27th, 2013, 14:24
Good work!

If you keep at it you will reach Tifton airport and the airport scenery will look much better.:icon_lol:

As you know Dimus, this stuff is highly addictive. About the time I think I'm finished, I think of something else that would look good in the scenery. Example: I need to add some cars to my neighbors' yards. This actually is your Tifton(KTMA) scenery. I'm just adding to your original work using ADEX.

I hope these screenshots will act as an incentive for others to get into making scenery. Heck! If a dummy like me can learn to use the programs, anybody should be able to. It sure gives a much more personal look to your favorite scenery.

RD

Victory103
March 27th, 2013, 15:24
Nice job, big user of ADEX now, but would be great to figure out SketchUp.

rdaniell
March 27th, 2013, 15:58
Nice job, big user of ADEX now, but would be great to figure out SketchUp.

May I suggest that you go ahead and download the free version. It comes with some tutorials. I started with a simple box, put a roof on it, and then added the textures. I'm still learning how to use it but, will be happy to help anyway I can.

I owe Dimus big time for helping to get me started with SketchUp. I owe RogerWilco as well for helping me learn how to convert from SketchUp DAE to FSX Bgls usings ModelConverterX.

But be warned: It's addictive.....

RD

mmann
March 27th, 2013, 16:09
But be warned: It's addictive.....

RD

You can be certain of that!!

After modeling many of the buildings in the Vancouver, BC North Shore Mountains area, the Courtenay Airpark area, the Port Alberni Regional Airport and Sproat Lake area, the Port Alice area, the Tahsis area etc. etc....

rdaniell
March 27th, 2013, 16:39
You can be certain of that!! After modeling many of the buildings in the Vancouver, BC North Shore Mountains area, the Courtenay Airpark area, the Port Alberni Regional Airport and Sproat Lake area, the Port Alice area, the Tahsis area etc. etc....

Roger That! I've been slowly working through modifying all the airports with which I have personal flight experience. I had done most of them earlier using whatever I could find available from the flight sim sites. Now I'm going back and making the hangers, etc. myself. I have to admit to a sense of personal satisfaction with being able to do that. I'm fully retired now so I have plenty of time.

RD