PDA

View Full Version : CVF HMS Prince of WalesX_beta

lazarus
March 24th, 2013, 12:28
Not perfect, but beta-worthy.
Mark Walsh's CATOBAR CVF variant, from his FSDS source files. I poured a stiff belt of Laphroaig, buckled on the poly bending goggles and thong, and pistol whipped FSDS with the trusty M1911 untill I could convince the thing to sand a ground poly off the deck. Cables active, though only the waist catapult is operative at this point.
The deck is built up in 3 different segments, whish FSX catapults do no seen to like, so the bow cat is U/S for now.

seawing
March 24th, 2013, 13:13
Wow, another great beta-release to play with. Can't wait to get home and try it out! Thanks Lazarus!

Seawing

CG_1976
March 24th, 2013, 14:51
Sell her to Canada. Sold:icon_lol:

fallenphoenix1986
March 24th, 2013, 16:01
Just flew a couple of circuits of Cornwall, hadn't realised how much I'd come to rely on the meatball untill I didn't have one... my first couple of approaches were shockingly bad :icon_eek:

Craig

seawing
March 29th, 2013, 08:16
Not perfect, but beta-worthy.
Mark Walsh's CATOBAR CVF variant, from his FSDS source files. I poured a stiff belt of Laphroaig, buckled on the poly bending goggles and thong, and pistol whipped FSDS with the trusty M1911 untill I could convince the thing to sand a ground poly off the deck. Cables active, though only the waist catapult is operative at this point.
The deck is built up in 3 different segments, whish FSX catapults do no seen to like, so the bow cat is U/S for now.

Just tried PoW out with my VRS F-18 using AI carriers. Is it just my impression or is the arrestor cable area very small and possibly a bit dislocated? Missed several times, bouncing over the major length of the arrestor area and then caught #1 wire on quite a long flare. Also the catapult activation area appears quite a bit to the rear from where one would expect it in relation to the blast pad.

Seawing

Essex
May 26th, 2013, 10:52
To get the bow cat to work, just move the ship back 30m using MCX.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424851
The distance from the origin of the model can't exceed 60 meters.

Also in order to make the QE and PoW models interchangeable (STOBAR PoW), resize QE to 0.733 and move it back 31.2, you will need to redo the ski jump fix and transpose the filenames CVF_Main1.bmp and CVF_Main.bmp.

You can then copy the attached objects (Cats optional) over, they should line up properly.

Thanks to Mark Walsh & Lazarus