PDA

View Full Version : TURBO TRACKER RELEASED BY ABACUS

vonernsk
March 16th, 2013, 07:53
Funny thing happened to me today whilst on the way to flightsim.com. Saw that there was a re-paint for a Turbo-Connair recently released by ABACUS.

Here I am patiently waiting for the turbo-tracker from the Milton Team and . . . . . . . lo and behold, a Turbo-Tracker from ABACUS.

They are like buses: Nothing for hours, then . . . .

Anyone tried it yet?

Mal

kikas
March 16th, 2013, 08:22
Or you can try free Firecat by Emmanuel Geffroy

falcon409
March 16th, 2013, 08:32
Funny thing happened to me today whilst on the way to flightsim.com. Saw that there was a re-paint for a Turbo-Connair recently released by ABACUS.
Here I am patiently waiting for the turbo-tracker from the Milton Team and . . . . . . . lo and behold, a Turbo-Tracker from ABACUS.
They are like buses: Nothing for hours, then . . . .
Anyone tried it yet?
Mal
The good thing about Abacus is their "Try before you buy" policy. Abacus is not a development team, but simply an outlet for developers to market their products. . .so you can see some variances in quality, based on that premiss. I'm going to give it a try, but based on the screens, it meets the basic standards for their type of aircraft (it looks right, it has a basic VC cockpit, texturing in the VC is ok but not great and the FDE is probably not "spot on").

falcon409
March 16th, 2013, 09:00
Ok, these are untouched quick screenshots. . .the soundfile is familiar, just can't place it, I doubt it's actually anything close to an actual Turbo Tracker though:

Maarten -
March 16th, 2013, 09:20
Actually Abacus' Conair Firecat is an oldie. (dating from 2005; at least that's when I bought it).
Hardly ever flew with it though.

I'm hoping for Uncle Milton's Turbocat one day. :jump:

Cheers,
Maarten

vonernsk
March 16th, 2013, 10:08
Thanks for that info Falcon and Maarten. My error, thought it was a new package specifically for the Turbo-Cat and not a general Tracker pack of some mileage.

Still waiting for 'The Real Deal' from Milt's team. Not sure what the trouble was/is. A whole shed-full of Trackers then a dead stop at the Turbo versions.

Always worth the wait though. The radials are outstanding in all areas. Many happy circuits on and off the USS ENTERPRISE. Some beautiful skins and decibel machine (thank you Nigel, still enjoying the Phantom sounds).

Mal

p3aewguy
March 16th, 2013, 18:44
Thanks for that info Falcon and Maarten. My error, thought it was a new package specifically for the Turbo-Cat and not a general Tracker pack of some mileage.

Still waiting for 'The Real Deal' from Milt's team. Not sure what the trouble was/is. A whole shed-full of Trackers then a dead stop at the Turbo versions.

Always worth the wait though. The radials are outstanding in all areas. Many happy circuits on and off the USS ENTERPRISE. Some beautiful skins and decibel machine (thank you Nigel, still enjoying the Phantom sounds).

Mal

Pretty sure Milton will ring in here with an update. Last I heard, it was waiting panel work and FDE work. I did the paints for the military version.

Dave

fliger747
March 18th, 2013, 23:04
Most of the FDE work is done, but it is not a wrap as yet due to a paucity of info.....

T