PDA

View Full Version : Problem Uploading Image

PutPut
March 13th, 2013, 12:53
I have not been able to upload a normal .jpg image through the Manage Attachments dialog for the last few days. I have not changed anything on my machine during that time. Never ran into this before. After I have selected the image and hit the upload button the little wheel just spins and spins but nothing happens. Need advice.

Best, Paul

falcon409
March 13th, 2013, 16:09
Paul, I've had the same problem for almost a month now. Happened just out of the blue after years of no problems. There is a work-around though. At the top of the page click on "settings"...towards the bottom on the left there are two settings for "Attachments". If you have the "Enhanced" checked, choose the other method, save and go back and retry uploading. It should work now.

The problem with this method is that if you have, let's say, 8 images that need to be in a certain order. . .many times, even if you upload them in the proper order, once they are uploaded they're all out of order and with this upload method you can't do anything to rearrange them. So you have to go back to "settings". . .check the "Enhanced" method, then go back and move your images around till they're in the proper order. Pain In The Butt!!

PutPut
March 13th, 2013, 18:10
Paul, I've had the same problem for almost a month now. Happened just out of the blue after years of no problems. There is a work-around though. At the top of the page click on "settings"...towards the bottom on the left there are two settings for "Attachments". If you have the "Enhanced" checked, choose the other method, save and go back and retry uploading. It should work now.

The problem with this method is that if you have, let's say, 8 images that need to be in a certain order. . .many times, even if you upload them in the proper order, once they are uploaded they're all out of order and with this upload method you can't do anything to rearrange them. So you have to go back to "settings". . .check the "Enhanced" method, then go back and move your images around till they're in the proper order. Pain In The Butt!!

Thanks! You are right, it works but you lose a lot; no thumbnails and no sequencing. Maybe I'll just use photobucket until it gets fixed.

Beat, Paul:salute:

huub vink
March 14th, 2013, 07:52
Sorry to hear a bout your problem Paul. Problems like this can have many causes. Sometimes they are caused by thes setting on the client sometimes by settings on the server and sometimes they are caused by communication problems between client and server.

Therefore it is difficult to pin-point the problem, but a good start is always to clear your cache.

I will inform the more technical guys about your problems, perhaps they can provide a solution.

Cheers,
Huub

Dangerousdave26
March 14th, 2013, 13:02
When ever you start having problems with the forum do this little test.

The first thing to do is use a second browser and test to see if the issue is your browser. If you only use IE go ahead and download and install Firefox to do your test. Leave it on your pc in the event you need it later. If you still have the problem on the second browser the problem is in your profile (possibly).

The second thing to do is reboot your router, dsl modem, cable modem or what ever you use to connect to the internet. For some strange reason we have seen some funny things happen that have been cleared out by a simple router reboot.

Finally if you switch browsers and it worked on that browser...

You probably have a stuck cookie.

Log out from your preferred browser, delete all cookies (all of them for all websites) then log back in.

That should fix the issue.

All that said I prefer photobucket to host pictures over the forum software any day.

PutPut
March 15th, 2013, 12:01
For what it is worth, I forgot that I had installed the new IE 10 for Win 7. The problem did show after that installation. I do not see this problem on my wife's laptop which uses IE 9. All the solutions suggested above (many thanks) have not solved the problem. I have reported the problem to Microsoft :pop4:

Best, Paul

CurlSnout
March 15th, 2013, 12:27
Hi Paul,

Thanks for posting this.

I am experiencing exactly the same issue - unable to upload images since "upgrading" to IE 10 for Win 7. I will be very interested to learn if you are able to resolve this.

cs

Ickie
March 15th, 2013, 12:30
this is a vbulletin and M$ problem, maybe the next forum update will resolve this issue