PDA

View Full Version : gianlucabagatti

jaycee
January 8th, 2009, 01:02
Sorry my friend but i think i gave you false information, regarding the clouds issue,it was a while back that i had this problem. but i managed to dig up an old cfs3 install i had kept for back up. and the shots below are how it appeared, Here is how i solved the prob. At the time some of my installs had this problem and other installs were ok. so i copied the contents of the folder "weather" from the effects folder, from a good copy of cfs3 and pasted them into the corresponding folder into the install i was having problems with, let them overwrite. BACK UP FIRST. and that solved the issue.

gianlucabagatti
January 9th, 2009, 05:13
thks the same jaycee, I think I do have that issue in some of my installs apart experiencing troubles as explained in "clouds" thread so your tip won't be wasted at all!!!

nwp
January 10th, 2009, 11:47
Any suggestions for those of us who don't have an install that is working? I thought maybe the original clouds just weren't big enough for a modern widescreen monitor, and that maybe some replacement package or other might have bigger ones...

Daiwilletti
January 10th, 2009, 14:43
Any suggestions for those of us who don't have an install that is working? I thought maybe the original clouds just weren't big enough for a modern widescreen monitor, and that maybe some replacement package or other might have bigger ones...
Hi nwp,
the white squares indicate that you are missing a .dds texture file needed to render a particular cloud. cloud textures are located in the effects/weather folder.

That is why sometimes one install works, and another is missing a requisite texture. You could try using an add-on clouds pack and see if that helps.