PDA

View Full Version : Touring the Deutsche Democratische Republik

Jagdflieger
February 26th, 2013, 21:02
I've been rebuilding a new install of FS 9 for a month now and the last few days have been spent in the Warsaw Pact, mostly the DDR.

Our good member Ian Elliot has made some great DDR airfields that compliment the Calclassic airfields nicely. With both installed, Tupolev airliners and military traffic vie for airspace over the old "Worker's Paradise."

Here's a few shots of some touch and goes in the southeast of the DDR.

ian elliot
February 27th, 2013, 07:32
Some of those airfields are by the ddr-flugzeuge team, and very skilled airfield builders they are too, but those are great screens Jadg, its an area of History/flightsimming that i find facinating, for a relativly small state, there was a seriuosly large number of operational airfields for both DDR and Soviet force's, its a pipe-dream of mine to have them all cover'd, it'll probably never happen but i may do a few more in the future.
A good referance site i found-----

http://www.mil-airfields.de/germany/east-germany.htm

cheers ian

Jagdflieger
February 27th, 2013, 07:48
Did you recognize the Baade jet airliner (East German plane) on the tarmac at Rothenburg?

It's an interesting failure, but fun to stick in as an AI.

Look for: JRV152.zip

Bjoern
February 27th, 2013, 10:15
I'd love to fill my actual home country with military traffic and sceneries, but I've got no tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime...

Nice screens.