PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here use a Logitech G15 keyboard?

Navy Chief
January 7th, 2009, 16:21
If so, you'll want to see this:

http://www.vrisom.de/?p=268#more-268

It is a applet for this keyboard which works with FSX, and provides a cool readout of all sorts of information for your G15 LCD monitor.

The site is in German, but along with the download is a manual in English.

Cool idea; looking forward to trying this.

Pete

simkid22
January 7th, 2009, 17:04
Yeah I found that a few weeks ago and its a nice little applet! I highly recommend it to all FSX+G15 users

falcon409
January 7th, 2009, 17:23
I have a G-15 but it doesn't look anything like that. I guess there's more than one type of G-15 cause mine doesn't have the keys it talks about in the Manual.

simkid22
January 7th, 2009, 17:27
The one pictured is the original G15, Logitech released an "updated" version that took off some macro keys, fixed the lcd so it wont swivel, rounded it out and made it amber back lit rather than blue. Personally I wish they brought beck the original style and made the current one the 14 or something lol

GT182
January 7th, 2009, 17:36
I almost bought one a couple of years ago at BestBuy. They say they'll match prices but wouldn't on this, so I told em I'd go some other place and buy it. Still haven't gotten one yet. :costumes: Since I've seen the changes make to the G-15, I don't really care for it now. The original was a much better piece of hardware.

Navy Chief
January 7th, 2009, 17:38
Mine looks like the picture I posted, but the new ones do look different.

NC

GT182
January 7th, 2009, 17:45
You have the good one Pete.... the original G-15.

There was a G-11 that doesn't have the LCD screen, but I haven't seen one in the stores lately. Then again, I stay away from BestBuy.

simkid22
January 7th, 2009, 17:54
On the plus side the newer G15 is supposed to have faster keystroke recognition, but that isn't enough for me to want a new one over my old one when/if it dies.

Dangerous Beans
January 7th, 2009, 23:41
Thanks for the HU navychief
I have the original G15 and have wanted an app for FSX for ages.

kilo delta
January 8th, 2009, 00:42
I've the original G-15 too. Nice keyboard. I'm using the LCD to display cpu and gpu temperatures in connection with Everest.:)

Bjoern
January 8th, 2009, 06:37
I rather use my G15's display for displaying hardware readouts instead of aicraft information. For that, I have a VC...

Navy Chief
January 8th, 2009, 08:08
Just more ways to play with the toys, is all............NC

DrZGard
January 8th, 2009, 08:13
Cool find :typing:

kilo delta
January 8th, 2009, 09:51
more applets n' mods here:

http://www.g15mods.com/

http://www.g15forums.com/

and SirReal's plugin http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=32017

Nick C
January 8th, 2009, 11:31
Newer G-15 user here, bought it to monitor the CPU and memory usage while using FSX in full screen!

Navy Chief
January 8th, 2009, 17:31
Ok, got this applet installed ok, but so far am not able to switch Mode Screens. I am pressing the keys the manual says to (#4 key), but that does not work. I have only one mode available.

NC

Navy Chief
January 9th, 2009, 05:14
Kilo or Simkid22,

Any help with why I am not able to switch screen modes.

Thanks

Pete

kilo delta
January 9th, 2009, 05:53
Sorry chief..i'm not running that FSX app. Do you have the latest G15 drivers installed from Logitech?

Navy Chief
January 9th, 2009, 06:32
Hey Kilo,

Matter of fact, I downloaded and installed it day before yesterday. Very cool. Added a lot more bells and whistles. It does recognize the applet, and I do get the FSX intro screen, and the one mode. But for some reason, I am not able to switch to any of the other mode screens.

NC

Vigilius
January 9th, 2009, 11:07
This is a great discover, finally I turn up my keyboard LCD :wiggle:

Navy Chief
January 9th, 2009, 11:24
Vigilius, please let me know if you are able to switch mode screens, and if so, what key? The one listed in the manual for this applet is not working; for me, at least.

NC

Dangerous Beans
January 9th, 2009, 15:26
navychief did you get it working yet ?

It works fine for me. I extracted the content of the zip to the root folder of my FSX install, didn't bother putting it in a separate folder.

Button 4 directly below the LCD switches between the 3 modes and button 1, 2 & 3 switch between screens in each mode.

I'm running FSX Acceleration and have the Acceleration SDK installed and fully working.
The log file shows I'm running the same versions of both FSX and SimConnect as shown in the manual.

Navy Chief
January 9th, 2009, 16:39
navychief did you get it working yet ?

It works fine for me. I extracted the content of the zip to the root folder of my FSX install, didn't bother putting it in a separate folder.

Button 4 directly below the LCD switches between the 3 modes and button 1, 2 & 3 switch between screens in each mode.

I'm running FSX Acceleration and have the Acceleration SDK installed and fully working.
The log file shows I'm running the same versions of both FSX and SimConnect as shown in the manual.

Maybe that's what I need to do, is move the contents to my FSX directory? All I did was extract it into a folder on my desktop, and execute the applet from there. As for the button #4, do you mean the #4 button on the right hand set of buttons?

Pete

Dangerous Beans
January 9th, 2009, 16:59
These ones

Navy Chief
January 9th, 2009, 17:19
Not even sure I have those; now going to check! Am on laptop downstairs.

Update: Wow! Those buttons ARE there! My computer room is very dark, by design. Although the keyboard is lighted (thank goodness), those little buttons are not. While I am at it, there is a very small round button to the left of those four square ones. What is that for?

Thanks so much for clarifying this problem. I learn something all the time from this great forum!!

Pete

Dangerous Beans
January 9th, 2009, 17:23
That's for switching between the different plug-ins, e.g. clock, CPU/Ram, media display etc.

Navy Chief
January 9th, 2009, 17:30
I learned TWO new things about a keyboard I have had since 2006! Amazing. And to think all this time............

Thank you!!!!

Pete:woot:

LTCSZ
January 9th, 2009, 17:42
Would you guys mind sharing your G-15 profiles for FSX? I have just ordered a G-15 and it should be here on Monday...Thanks...

Steve in Kansas

Navy Chief
January 9th, 2009, 18:09
Hey LTCSZ,

I too, would be interested in a FSX G-15 profile. I never got around to making one, but plan on attempting one now. This keyboard is able to a LOT that I have not taken advantage of; i.e. the game keyboard on the left side. Getting this applet has opened up a lot of ideas for me now. I did a Google for G15 profiles, but didn't find anything for FSX. If any of you know of any sites, please post.

Thanks again.

NC

Navy Chief
January 9th, 2009, 18:18
This looks interesting:

http://www.lcdstudio.com/site20/download.php

and a Logitech Official forum for G-Series keyboards:

http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board?board.id=gserieskeyboards

Unofficial forum, but looks cool:

http://g15forums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=969

Dangerous Beans
January 9th, 2009, 18:19
I've never used the extra buttons on the left hand side, I only got it for the LCD.

Navy Chief
January 10th, 2009, 03:29
I plan on trying the profile maker software. Hey, maybe those will be a handy addon......

NC