PDA

View Full Version : Revamped models this week-and a new KIKKA!

lazarus
February 23rd, 2013, 11:14
Finaly tried out a few newish things that have cropped up over the past few months but have not had time to try out. Hadi Tahir has updated his wonderful Gekko. The props look terrific now, a very, very nice Nipponese Empire machine now for the SWP sceneries. Search FS.com 'Gekko' and the new model pops up, and a repaint pack on the same page. I also finally tried out the same authors J9Y 'Orange Blossom'(Kikka). Its been out for a while now.Outstanding! what a sweet little jet. So there are 2 versions from different authors now, both worth perusing as they both have different features.
Last, over at FSNavNet, a overhauled version of scorpio 999's Soviet navy- KRESTA's, MOSKVA's, SOVREMENNY's. ect. Radars animated, new effects, lighting, night maps, new overhauled models, even one with the KRESTA's massively inconveniant semi-submerged hangar opened up. all nice stuff. And
http://homepage3.nifty.com/ryukichi/index.html
Ryuchi has uploaded a new Kikka on his site. Just saw it. Opened the mdl file with note pad, and this time it is a MDLX native model. The first version had me fooled because I had no idea that a FS9 model could use a separate interior model ala FSX. So that like 314-315 FSX native aircraft now. I'll have to see if my repaints will work on this one.

falcon409
February 23rd, 2013, 17:43
Thanks for bringing this up Lazarus. I've had the "Gekko" for some time now and love it. I was hoping that with the mdl fix available that a certain anomaly had been fixed as well, but it appears not. I feel certain that others flying this gem have seen this as well, or maybe not. Guess I'll e-mail him and see if it can be addressed at all.

hadhart
March 11th, 2013, 00:47
well, thanks for noticing.
i've made some modifications to the interior mdl file.
hope it's all ok now :jump:

falcon409
March 11th, 2013, 04:00
well, thanks for noticing.
i've made some modifications to the interior mdl file.
hope it's all ok now :jump:
Outstanding Hadi. . .many thanks!:salute:

peter12213
March 11th, 2013, 13:06
Completely missed this, I like WW2 Jap aircraft, would not want to fight in one though lol!