PDA

View Full Version : Area 51's U-2 Dragon Lady

Blackbird686
February 22nd, 2013, 11:53
Is anyone here flying Area 51's U-2 Dragon Lady? If so... did you get a manual with your install? Does it shed any light on how to get the radio (Comm and Nav) to work? Any way to get the GPS to work even though the "battery mains" are switched on. Any way to get the bloody avionics warning light to go out on the panel? Thought I'd start here first....

BB686:USA-flag:

Tom Clayton
February 22nd, 2013, 14:29
Try assigning a keystroke like Ctrl+Shift+A to the Avionics Master Switch in the Assignment area. Normally, a Ctrl+E start should toggle that bus on, but there could be a gauge over-riding that.

Blackbird686
February 22nd, 2013, 15:32
I thought about that, Tom, and I may still have a go with that idea. You are right about the CNTL-E function. For some reason, when the 2D pops up the MFD's are off. Shift+4 brings up the engine start/main power panel and switching on the battery, with the main power breaker lights up the MFD's. The GPS, which is the stock FS9 GPS 500, is still dark and the radio is a mystery altogether.

Overall, the model is very nice, eye candy... to be specific. Flying the old girl at 70,000 feet is peaceful, almost hypnotic, albeit a bit on the slow side.

Thanks for the tip... I'll have a go. At this point, it's all I have, until Area 51 answers my e-mail. :salute:

EDIT: Problem Solved. Too bad there were no real docs included with my download, I really had to look hard to find the problem. Tom, Check your PM's.

BB686:USA-flag: