PDA

View Full Version : They're Tough. They're Pilots.

MarkH
February 22nd, 2013, 03:59
http://youtu.be/QA4i-vmTNw0

Daveroo
February 22nd, 2013, 05:11
whut??......

expat
February 22nd, 2013, 05:12
Hilarious and a keen feel for satire. Assume the x2 sound and picture was intentional.

As much as my cynical mind assures me the "plot" on this TV series is 90% baked (i.e. it's all been staged for the TV show) I find it hard not to watch. "Drama" aside, probably because of the focus on the mechanical aspects of these charismatic aircraft and also factually it is pretty accurate and educational.

mgchrist5
February 22nd, 2013, 05:27
:icon_lol:

Good stuff, MarkH. I detest reality TV, but make an exception for Ice Pilots for obvious reasons. It certainly does follow the formulaic reality TV format - tense music, dramatic voice-overs, and an utterly pointless fake crisis. Then queue up the happy music, lollipops, and rainbows as fake crisis is averted. Yay!

lazarus
February 22nd, 2013, 06:42
Good 'ole Buffalo Joe. That 'reality show' is a masterwork of self promotion, something Joe has always been good at. It helps the he has a bottomless barrel of federal tax money to keep him afloat, Having worked quite a lot with Buffalo on various projects, the truth is somewhat less glamorous. Colorful is a very polite way to describe Joe; I'd use langauge unsutable for mixed polite company, and I would not get on one of his airplanes to escape hungry cannibals. Ahh, TV truth...

Marvin Carter
February 22nd, 2013, 08:43
That was great!!!

Ian Warren
February 22nd, 2013, 12:25
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: I like it :icon_lol: same time .. same channel ?:jump:

CG_1976
February 22nd, 2013, 12:43
Good 'ole Buffalo Joe. That 'reality show' is a masterwork of self promotion, something Joe has always been good at. It helps the he has a bottomless barrel of federal tax money to keep him afloat, Having worked quite a lot with Buffalo on various projects, the truth is somewhat less glamorous. Colorful is a very polite way to describe Joe; I'd use langauge unsutable for mixed polite company, and I would not get on one of his airplanes to escape hungry cannibals. Ahh, TV truth...

So that's why I have a colorful Sailor language:icon_lol::icon29:

Roger
February 22nd, 2013, 12:58
Ha ha...nice one Mark:ernae:

Sundog
February 22nd, 2013, 14:26
ROFL! Oh man, that was great. I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode. :)

imn2sims
February 22nd, 2013, 15:07
Hahahahaha:applause:. Keep em coming!

Steve

TeaSea
February 22nd, 2013, 15:49
That was great!

We should all have a voice over when we fly!

crashaz
February 23rd, 2013, 08:43
That was great!

We should all have a voice over when we fly!

Mine would be sick all the time and be screaming "Watch Out!!!!" and "We're going to die!!!!" :icon_lol:

dandog
February 23rd, 2013, 08:44
So THAT'S your inner dialogue while flying!:icon_lol:

Yob
February 23rd, 2013, 19:53
This show annoys me these pilots make a complaint about flying in that sort of weather (yet the Russian's fly in that while learning to fly and alll the time .and all the weather they get is that cold and they don't make a tv show about it, but the facts about the c-46 and other planes i find really nice to hear.

CG_1976
February 23rd, 2013, 20:43
This show annoys me these pilots make a complaint about flying in that sort of weather (yet the Russian's fly in that while learning to fly and alll the time .and all the weather they get is that cold and they don't make a tv show about it, but the facts about the c-46 and other planes i find really nice to hear.

Actually most of the pilots young wise come from the Province's of Canada and train down there then come up to my home in Yellowknife and start on the bottom of the latter. You are very correct on the Russian's. I earned my PPL in Yellowknife with of all things a Twin Otter and two years later in Yellowknife my Rotary on the AS365. Anyone seen Bone?? I'm kinda hungry for lite CRJ snack:icon_lol:.