PDA

View Full Version : GC He 111 for Fs9

hurricane3
February 18th, 2013, 14:20
I've been trying to get the GC He111 to install in FS9 but can't get the textures to show. I've put in the update for FS9 but still the plane, with a bunch of versions shows in sim but there are no textures. I had this plane in my old xp install but this is the first time I've tried it in Windows 7, could that be the reason?
I can't see any texture files for this plane since it's a portover from CFS2.
Can anyone help?

hurricane3
February 18th, 2013, 15:55
I got one texture to show and eliminated the blank planes by deleteding all the others but the first one in the aircraft config file.

Sunny9850
February 18th, 2013, 17:46
Not sure that I have this 111. Is it freeware or pay ware ??

Am I correct in understanding that you had multiple variants that only show up as a completely grey aircraft and now managed to get one of them to show textures ??

If so I would start by comparing the lines called texture=xyz and the folders named texture.xyz
For each texture= line there must be a folder with the EXACT same alphanumeric text after the period.

If that checks out I would suggest comparing the contents of these texture folders. Do they have the same number of files in them and do these files have the same names ?

Finally copy all the texture folders to a temporary holding place outside of that aircraft folder.
Then copy the files inside of the one working texture folder into each of the other texture folders inside the aircraft folder allowing overwriting this time. Do them one at a time preferably.
The reason for the external copy is so you don't lose the real texture bitmaps.

If there are no errors in the cfg file or the folder structure you should now end up with all variations painted exactly the same.

If that is the case the texture files will need a closer look to see why they may not work.

Cheers
Stefan

Navtech
February 18th, 2013, 18:12
@Hurricane3
Check your notifications ....

hurricane3
February 19th, 2013, 07:04
Thanks to Navtech ,I now have an HE111 in which all textures show. But thanks to Stefan for your input, your always there when I have questions.

Sunny9850
February 19th, 2013, 07:23
Just for the education of the rest of the class what did you guys do to fix it ???
A corrected cfg file ??

Cheers
Stefan

hurricane3
February 19th, 2013, 08:54
Stefan ,your going to have to ask Navtech how he did it. The HeIII was the freeware one from Ground Crew and they have a corrected file to update it for FS9.
I know if you looked in the Aircraft config ,most of the other varents had different numbers ,like HeIII H 8 or somthing like that ,although not all did. The file was for an H6 model.
One thing different about Navtech's plane (and it had the exact same name as the other GC he III) was there is no vc in it while the other had a vc in it.

Sunny9850
February 19th, 2013, 09:34
Ok. So there is likely two different model files at play here. Which means that the textures for one don't necessarily fit on the other.
I will have to see if I can find a download for this thing somewhere, but only the VC model would be of interest to me.

Cheers
Stefan

Blackbird686
February 19th, 2013, 10:00
Stefan, check your PM's....

BB686:USA-flag:

Motormouse
February 20th, 2013, 07:38
He111 is here ---> http://www.regshanger.com/Groundcrew/homepage/CFS2/Ground%20Crew%20Design%20CFS2%20Planes.php

Fs2004 update here -----> http://www.regshanger.com/Groundcrew/homepage/FS2004%20Planes/Ground%20Crew%20Design%20FS2004%20Planes.php

Repaints , (but you'll have to create their individual folders) here -----> http://www.regshanger.com/Groundcrew/homepage/CFS2/skins/Ground%20Crew%20Design%20CFS2%20Skins.php

ttfn

Pete

Sunny9850
February 20th, 2013, 10:57
Thanks guys. I'll get it set up when my house is sold ;)

Cheers
Stefan

hurricane3
February 20th, 2013, 11:48
Thanks once again to Navtech ,and a different Model file I have VC's for all my HeIII repaints.You guys are the best.