PDA

View Full Version : Soesterberg from me

ian elliot
February 16th, 2013, 08:20
This is one of my basic scenerys along the line of Wyton and Alconbury, i found a great ai package by Mark Walsh using Nick Blacks F-4E model, representing the 32tfs "Wolfhounds" based at Soesterburg through-out the cold war.
There's rather a lot of aircraft, about 75, i only used 65 before running out of parking, so ive cept the scenery basic to keep the frame's reasonably smooth,
look on Avsim for ai_f-4e_32tfs_cr.zip by Mark, its a complete package using Nick Blacks F4-E,
just drop it into your aircraft folder and away you go.
this scenery also use's some basic Maiw librarys.
cheers ian

Cthulhu
February 17th, 2013, 08:26
Thanks Ian! One cannot have too many Phantoms in the sim.

Jagdflieger
February 17th, 2013, 21:08
Thanks for another Cold War airfield Ian!

huub vink
October 13th, 2014, 05:03
The links towards Mark's AI aircraft at AVSim isn't working properly. Does anyone have this package or is it available anywhere else?

Thanks,
Huub

dhazelgrove
October 13th, 2014, 06:23
Just checked it - it's working fine for me.

Do an advanced search, and drop this in the filename field: "ai_f-4e_32tfs_cr.zip" (without the quotes).

Dave

huub vink
October 13th, 2014, 13:19
You're correct Dave, the problem must be on my end. I can download the file on one PC but I can't download the same file on my other PC :dizzy:

Cheers,
Huub

huub vink
October 14th, 2014, 02:51
Please forgive me my ignorance, but where can I find the MAIW scenery object libraries? Now I have a place full of Phantoms, but I think I'm missing most of the infra-structure.......

I have looked at the MAIW site, but was not able to find them and I've also tried to find them at AvSim without any luck.

Thanks again,
Huub

AndyG43
October 14th, 2014, 03:28
Please forgive me my ignorance, but where can I find the MAIW scenery object libraries? Now I have a place full of Phantoms, but I think I'm missing most of the infra-structure.......

I have looked at the MAIW site, but was not able to find them and I've also tried to find them at AvSim without any luck.

Thanks again,
Huub

Best answer I can give you is a cut & paste from the MAIW forum:

Scenery Objects and texture files have been a problem for a little while since an MAIW member stopped looking after the libraries.

There have been a few posts on the Forum with regards to a specific place that they could be downloaded from.

The sheer size of the Lib Objects and textures alone would take some time to collate.

In fairness a clue to some Lib Obs and textures are in the given packages but there are several that are not.

There used to be a page which listed which listed these libraries, but the person who looked after it has left the hobby & it is hopelessly out of date; the person who posted the above comment (Brian aka Sonarboy) is going to try to sort this out, but it won't be a quick job.

None of which helps you. I know there is a tool which analyses scenery to see which textures etc are missing, just can't remember what it is!! It is possibly part of Airport Design Editor, can anybody help here? That could, at least, give you a pointer as to which packages you would need to download from MAIW to get the libraries you need.

Alternatively I could zip my own version of the Library and send it over to you, would probably be about 70mb. Let me know if that would help.

huub vink
October 14th, 2014, 03:49
Thanks for your fast reply Andy. Your answer is already highly appreciated, but it would be very helpful when you could zip the complete set and set it to me by a (free) transfer service like "we transfer".

Thanks again,
Huub

dhazelgrove
October 14th, 2014, 06:17
There might be something at The Owl's Nest (http://www.owlsnest.eu/maiw.php) which could help.

Dave

huub vink
October 14th, 2014, 07:25
I've checked the Owl's nest, but all I could find were some Eastern Europe libraries. But AndyG offered me some great help by providing me some virtual infra-structure.