PDA

View Full Version : Alphasim MiG 23 repaints

SteveB
February 15th, 2013, 10:02
I have been working on these on and off since the model was first relased a few years ago. still work in progress but only need too redo some stencils on the wings and they will be ready for upload. I am hoping too get some time this weekend too get them done.

Steve

SteveB
February 15th, 2013, 10:09
A couple of fictional schemes, the Hungarian is based on cammo schemes seen on Hungarian MiG 29's. The Czech scheme is just an experiment that i Czech'd up just for fun.

SSI01
February 15th, 2013, 10:25
Lookin' good, Steve. I'll be watching for them!:salute:

ian elliot
February 15th, 2013, 10:59
Im so glad you dug these out Steve, always thought it was a great model but never quite like'd the original paints.
cheers ian

Blackbird686
February 15th, 2013, 11:46
YES!!!! I have been waiting for someone to repaint the Alpha MiG-23. Those look SWEET :medals:, Steve.:salute:

BB686:USA-flag:

stuartcox
February 15th, 2013, 13:22
This is great news Steve!
I always had the impression that the Alphasim Mig23 schemes were imported from a comic strip.
Downloading it again, and waiting in anticipation... :jump:

Regards, Stuart

ian elliot
February 15th, 2013, 21:58
Now i have to learn to fly it again, i was always really clumsy during landing, could never get the swing-wing, speed combination right, great fun though :jump:
I bet Zolts will really like that last one.
cheers ian

SteveB
February 16th, 2013, 04:28
Spent some time on the MiG overnight, and got around too badging up a Bulgarian that was lurking, and almost completed the stencils on the wings for the other few schemes. all schemes apart from the low vis greys are ready for packaging up, and the bloomin paperwork needs doing.

Blackbird686
February 16th, 2013, 06:04
The Alpha MiG-23 looks like it would be a tough one to paint, but your schemes look really good on her, Steve. The model flies and handles well IMO, and has a killer 2D and VC with period correct instruments and gauges. These new schemes will make the model even better.

I have always liked the apparence of cold war Soviet aircraft. Something about the way they look, lean and mean....:violent:

SteveB
February 16th, 2013, 06:35
First three schemes have just been uploaded, too the soh. DDR 585, Soviet white 10 and Ivory Coast cammo schemes, they will show up once admin has done its thing. I will get the next batch uploaded later today.

"Blackbird686
The Alpha MiG-23 looks like it would be a tough one to paint, but your schemes look really good on her, Steve. The model flies and handles well IMO, and has a killer 2D and VC with period correct instruments and gauges. These new schemes will make the model even better.

I have always liked the apparence of cold war Soviet aircraft. Something about the way they look, lean and mean....:violent:

BB686:USA-flag:"

When I first got the MiG 23 back in 2006 there was no paintkit released till later on, so I spent many hours figurin out what went where.

Steve

Ferry_vO
February 16th, 2013, 07:00
Thanks Steve, there's always room for more Russian aircraft! :applause:

SteveB
February 16th, 2013, 08:00
I did a silly so have PM'd Rami asking him too trash the three files I uploaded earlier, once i have recd confirmation that they have gone I will re upload the files again. Sorry for this delay. I forgot too dxt/bmp the new wing textures so they won't show on the model.

Steve

SteveB
February 16th, 2013, 08:31
In the meantime I have finished the Libyan cammo scheme.

SteveB
February 16th, 2013, 10:03
Ok I have just re uploaded the first three, plus another three.

Steve

Blackbird686
February 16th, 2013, 11:27
I grabbed them all!!! Thanks Steve!

CG_1976
February 16th, 2013, 16:58
Stalin sorry for cutting in the thread, but the SOH Lib is missing 404 your Vlad AN26 Cubana. Ah yummy Mig 23's:salute:.

SteveB
February 17th, 2013, 03:15
Stalin sorry for cutting in the thread, but the SOH Lib is missing 404 your Vlad AN26 Cubana. Ah yummy Mig 23's:salute:.

You got email.

Steve

SteveB
February 17th, 2013, 04:18
I will be up loading another three schemes later today, Hungarian low vis, Czech low vis, and a Brit. All are fictional.

Blackbird686
February 17th, 2013, 08:05
I like this one alot... I know it never happened but still...http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=81208&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1361107061 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=81208&d=1361107061) Just out of curiosity, are you planning to upload the bare metal Russian scheme (Yellow 49) as shown in your earlier posts? All are beautifully done!

SteveB
February 17th, 2013, 08:49
Yellow 49 is finished and will be uploaded along with the other three once I have done the paperwork. It's an all over air superiority grey finnish, which all remaining floggers would have been painted if the Soviet airforce hadn't decided too drop all single engine fighters from service.

SteveB
February 17th, 2013, 11:33
I have also almost completed this one too.

Bjoern
February 17th, 2013, 11:42
LSK paint, yay!

In case you get bored:
http://www.hyperscale.com/2009/galleries/mig23artworktc_1.htm
:icon_lol:

(Granted, this is a -MS and not a -ML, but still...for flying about in the US without raising eyebrows.)

SteveB
February 17th, 2013, 14:23
Soviet Red 37 is done. Time for a coffee and smoke break, then i'll get the paperwork done on the skins and upload them.

Matt Wynn
February 17th, 2013, 14:37
looking fantastic pal! paperwork? i just chuck them all in crates on cargo ships labelled Farm Equipment and hide them in the middle of other crates :icon_lol: works nicely on rookie customs agents.... as for the older lot, well.... it helps having some on the payroll....

looking forwards to them all! :jump:

CG_1976
February 17th, 2013, 15:48
looking fantastic pal! paperwork? i just chuck them all in crates on cargo ships labelled Farm Equipment and hide them in the middle of other crates :icon_lol: works nicely on rookie customs agents.... as for the older lot, well.... it helps having some on the payroll....

looking forwards to them all! :jump:

That don't work with the USCG:icon_lol: lurking around the Caribbean and South American Water's. But we do take certain Cigar and Rum bribes and loose and misplace things on occasions:wavey:. Stalin i'll be sure to pick up these beauties.

Matt Wynn
February 17th, 2013, 15:55
That don't work with the USCG:icon_lol: lurking around the Caribbean and South American Water's. But we do take certain Cigar and Rum bribes and loose and misplace things on occasions:wavey:

excellent! just made a note of that.... :icon_lol:

i'm looking forwards to doing a celebratory flypast over Chelyabinsk at above Mach 1 and low level, there's got to be some windows left for me to break.... and 'Stalins' Marvellous Menagerie of MiG's is certain to be just the ticket! :salute:

SteveB
February 17th, 2013, 16:40
I can provide End User cert's on all my aircraft ;) for a price.

SteveB
February 17th, 2013, 18:02
5 more skins uploaded, will show up once admin has done it's thing.

Steve

SteveB
February 18th, 2013, 09:16
Last of my MiG 23 schemes, Russian Airforce, red 58. Will be uploading in a bit.

Blackbird686
February 18th, 2013, 13:23
excellent! just made a note of that.... :icon_lol:

i'm looking forwards to doing a celebratory flypast over Chelyabinsk at above Mach 1 and low level, there's got to be some windows left for me to break.... and 'Stalins' Marvellous Menagerie of MiG's is certain to be just the ticket! :salute:

Well at least I won't be having to replace the windows in the dispersal again, and Nigel... your orchards are safe, mate. :salute:

Thanks again Steve, for the new paints for Alpha's venerable MiG-23. I just love raising eyebrows whilst flying over Brisbane International in the MiG!!

SteveB
February 18th, 2013, 15:40
Glad too hear your enjoying the paints. I have redone red 58 this evening, here's the latest piccie.

SteveB
February 18th, 2013, 18:17
Ok it's done. I will do the paperwork and upload later today, after I have caught some some ZZZZ's.

jrbirdman
February 18th, 2013, 21:29
Thank you for these paints Steve. These are great! Any chance of seeing some fictitious Nellis agressor themes? Great work! :wavey:

Matt Wynn
February 19th, 2013, 10:53
Thank you for these paints Steve. These are great! Any chance of seeing some fictitious Nellis agressor themes? Great work! :wavey:

ooooh a Ferris Schemed -23 would be intriguing.....

SteveB
February 20th, 2013, 05:01
Sorry guys but I have no plans too start any new paint schemes for the forseeable future, I am on a cleaning out of the paintshop hanger, and still have a lot of part done and almost done skins to get on with, for example I have 40 odd Me 109's too finish up on, and a few other models.

I will get the last of the MiG 23 skins uploaded today. And an update pack is already underway too bring some of my earlier MiG23 schemes upto current detail levels.

Steve

SteveB
February 20th, 2013, 05:39
I have just uploaded the last two schemes, Russian red 58, and Soviet Red 26.

jrbirdman
February 20th, 2013, 10:37
That looks great. Thanks. I understand your position on the paints. You have done an amazing job on the 23's and I truly respect your decision. Thank you for what you have done. Your 109 repaints should be incredible as well if the MiG's are anything to judge by. Once again thanks for everything. Best regards, Jeremy :salute:

SteveB
February 20th, 2013, 10:48
That looks great. Thanks. I understand your position on the paints. You have done an amazing job on the 23's and I truly respect your decision. Thank you for what you have done. Your 109 repaints should be incredible as well if the MiG's are anything to judge by. Once again thanks for everything. Best regards, Jeremy :salute:

Matt Wynn wants one he can have my layered masters and do one, just depends on how bad he wants his aggro scheme.

Steve

SteveB
February 20th, 2013, 14:33
I have just uploaded update pack 1. This pack covers the DDR 585, sov 10, and the Ivory paint schemes. These are the alterd textures only and contain new details and fuel tanks. Further update packs covering the other schemes will follow over the coming weeks.

Steve

HorusJ
February 21st, 2013, 05:19
I have always been a huge fan of your work Steve.Thank you so much for sharing your 23s. Excellent!:jump:
Time to go make some noise.:icon_lol:
Joel

SteveB
February 22nd, 2013, 05:30
Hi Joel, thanks for the kind words.
I have just uploaded Update pack 2, Bul308, Libyan and Iraqi schemes are covered in this pack.

Steve

Bjoern
February 22nd, 2013, 07:14
Uploading the paint kit might be a good thing to do. Just in case I get in the mood for painting it...

SteveB
February 22nd, 2013, 07:37
I have had some unexpected time spare the past couple of days so I have had these two underway, still WIP but you will get the idea. I am also working on the final update pack, so these two will be a while befor release.

SteveB
February 22nd, 2013, 07:41
Uploading the paint kit might be a good thing to do. Just in case I get in the mood for painting it...

As it stands at the moment the MiG 23 masters are still being altered and generaly being messed around with, If you get the urge to paint the 23 just drop me an email and i'll send you the current masters at that time.

Steve

SteveB
February 22nd, 2013, 16:57
Update pack 3 has been uploaded. This pack updates the BAE Systems fictional scheme, Soviet low vis grey yellow 49, and Soviet red 37 schemes are covered in this release.

Update pack 4 will cover the Hungarian, Czech and Soviet red 26 schemes and will be worked on over the weekend.

Please note that Rami has updated the original textures and removed update packs 1 and 2, and will be doing this with packs 3 and 4.

Steve

HorusJ
February 22nd, 2013, 17:35
Sounds great Steve. Will keep an eye out for them! :salute:

Joel

Edit: Thanks Rami. Much appreciated!!!

Rami
February 22nd, 2013, 17:42
Good evening,

Joel, SteveB, and others: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=show&userid=27434&sort=d

Anything on the first page that includes the words "_with_update" are the packages that have been altered with the new texture fixes. I also made a notation in the descriptions.

SteveB
February 23rd, 2013, 20:30
Last of the updates have been uploaded, the next release will be DDR 577, and Aggresor schemes.

Steve

Rami
February 24th, 2013, 03:36
SteveB and others,

They are all set...see the previous link to your (SteveB) files in this thread. :wiggle:

Bjoern
February 24th, 2013, 13:13
As it stands at the moment the MiG 23 masters are still being altered and generaly being messed around with, If you get the urge to paint the 23 just drop me an email and i'll send you the current masters at that time.

Nah, I'll wait till you've stopped messing about. I'm not the "shuffle stuff about under the table" kind of guy anyway.

SteveB
February 25th, 2013, 05:14
Just uploaded the DDR 577 scheme. Just leaves the aggressor scheme to complete and then I'll be moving onto the me 109's.

Steve

Jagdflieger
February 25th, 2013, 08:49
Just got it Steve.

These DDR skins really help bring to life the Cold War DDR and Warsaw Packt airfields that Ian has made. Great stuff.

SteveB
February 25th, 2013, 11:57
The Aggressor scheme is coming along, I have used the old ghost scheme colours.

HorusJ
February 25th, 2013, 14:43
That scheme looks really good on the 23. Nice work!

Joel

SteveB
February 25th, 2013, 15:53
Whilst I have been developing my layered masters I have had my own skin which I took my favourite bits off all the skins released and mixed them all together. I have now badged it and decided too release it as my last MiG23 skin.
I have also been looking at low vis USAF insignia on the agrro scheme, I prefer the full colour, but was thinking about giving you the option by including them as an option in the download.

HorusJ
February 25th, 2013, 17:00
I think the low vis insignia looks good but I prefer the full color myself(kind of 1970s Red Flag looking).Will be nice to have both though.:salute:

Blackbird686
February 26th, 2013, 06:32
Excellent work as always, Steve... :medals: I really like the aggressor scheme. Thanks again for uploading these... Nice to see FS2004 items in the "Latest Files" section on the home page again.

SteveB
February 26th, 2013, 07:13
Aggressor scheme has just been uploaded, and the last of my MiG schemes white 03 will get uploaded later on today.

Steve

jrbirdman
February 26th, 2013, 11:34
Thank you for the Agressor paint Steve! I really appreciate it. As a matter of fact, when I requested the paint, that was EXACTLY what I had in mind! :applause:Great job as always!! Now, off to go fly her!! Best regards, Jeremy :salute:

SteveB
February 27th, 2013, 06:09
I am just a poor old weak willed MiGaholic, just can't say no. I looked at the me109's all 40 odd of them that need finishing and ran away and hid in the MiG shed again.

ian elliot
February 27th, 2013, 07:36
Ill take whatever you paint Steve :applause::icon29::icon29:
cheers ian

Blackbird686
February 27th, 2013, 07:57
I am just a poor old weak willed MiGaholic, just can't say no. I looked at the me109's all 40 odd of them that need finishing and ran away and hid in the MiG shed again.

Nothing wrong with being a MiG-aholic, I have plenty of room in my virtual hangars for what ever you come up with for the ol' gal.

I like the Aggerssor schemes, both the coloured and subdued Star and Bar insignia, that I made both versions. Grabbed the latest DDR scheme too. Beautifully executed, as always.

SteveB
February 27th, 2013, 08:56
Got this one as well.

SteveB
February 28th, 2013, 03:57
Angolan, Cuban, and Hungarian are next too be released and I am expecting too have them uploaded sometime over the next few days.

SteveB
February 28th, 2013, 14:38
Almost done with the Hungarian.

SteveB
February 28th, 2013, 17:11
Ok Angolan, Cuban, and Hungarian schemes have just been uploaded.
Have fun.

Steve

SteveB
March 1st, 2013, 09:08
and for the 20th release I have this one, Soviet Air Force, red 34, based at Cam Rahn Bay, Vietnam, 1988.

SteveB
March 1st, 2013, 11:59
I have been asked too cover the Poles so here is the first of two Polish schemes.

HorusJ
March 1st, 2013, 13:15
Thank You Steve! I was hoping you would cover Poland!:applause:

Joel

SteveB
March 1st, 2013, 14:36
I have just about finished the first Polish, and the second Polish is also low vis grey so its just a rebadging type job.

Blackbird686
March 1st, 2013, 15:38
I have a weakness for the Russian birds... but the MiG-23 was so prolific amongst Eastern Block Air Forces, the ol' girl looks really good in just about any colours of nationality you want to splash on her.

Red 34 is on my list, and the Polish MiG's look really good too. :salute:

Cheers -- BB686:USA-flag:

SteveB
March 1st, 2013, 16:06
I have just finished the 2nd Polish scheme, it is wearing the aggressor markings seen on exersizes.

HorusJ
March 1st, 2013, 17:53
Oh yah! I like it!

SteveB
March 2nd, 2013, 05:24
Red 34 is now done. I will uploade this one and the two Polish schemes later today.

ian elliot
March 2nd, 2013, 09:24
Thanks Steve, looking forward to them, thanks for the e-mail also, i like your plans :salute:

SteveB
March 2nd, 2013, 13:08
A little more colourfull Polish scheme.

HorusJ
March 3rd, 2013, 06:27
Steve.You are making it difficult for me to decide which Polish scheme to fly first!:icon_lol:

Joel:jump:

SteveB
March 3rd, 2013, 06:57
Steve.You are making it difficult for me to decide which Polish scheme to fly first!:icon_lol:

Joel:jump:

Well it's decision time coming up as I have just uploaded the three Polish and the Soviet red 34 schemes.

Steve

SteveB
March 3rd, 2013, 12:12
Ok thats 23 MiG 23's uploaded in total, seems the right number too me, so I am going too be busy on the Su7 and Su22 for a while.

Steve

HorusJ
March 3rd, 2013, 13:03
Thank you Steve.I really do appreciate all your hard work.:salute:
Looking forward to seeing what you do to the Sukhois.

Joel

SteveB
May 2nd, 2013, 03:04
I just thought I had better do a paint shop test run too make sure I had everything reinstalled correctly, and look what happened.

aeronca1
May 2nd, 2013, 04:41
I wish things like that would happen on my system when I install things! Nice paint!!

HorusJ
May 2nd, 2013, 06:10
Looks like the reinstall was very successful. ;)