PDA

View Full Version : Mission file failed to load

renereimann
February 6th, 2013, 10:57
What are the trouble-shooting steps to fix "Mission file failed to load"? Usually this is caused by missing facilities, guns, pylons or weapons. Another way to fix this to change the points="1" under goals.

ndicki
February 6th, 2013, 11:08
You could start by changing the aircraft for stock ones, one after the other. Use Notepad and the 'replace with' tool so you don't miss anything. That way, you'll be able to eliminate the possibility of missing sounds, pylons, etc. You should be able to isolate the aircraft that is the cause, if it is one. Could also be any number of things - missing starting airfield, missing weather files, etc. You just have to go through the mission file line by line...

gaw
February 6th, 2013, 12:57
never noticed the "replace with" tool................good tip!!! thanks

KellyB
February 6th, 2013, 13:11
If you open the mission in the mission builder, it should complain about the first thing it doesn't like by name. Sad to say, it will only do that one at a time, so if there is more than one thing wrong, you'll have to re-open it until MB is happy.
Not always a bullet-proof solution, but it has helped me.

Led Zeppelin
February 7th, 2013, 02:07
Try to load mission with mission builder, you can get sometimes the error message with more details on what is missing.

renereimann
February 9th, 2013, 11:38
When I loaded the mission with Mission Builder I got "An error occurred during this operation"
I had changed some aircraft to stock aircraft, but there are several non-stock aircraft. I changed all payloads to "0" (zero). This error message still appears with no hint of what the problem is. I have all required facilities, ships, vehicles, weather, and the starting airfield is Okay.

rcafmad
February 9th, 2013, 11:50
When I loaded the mission with Mission Builder I got "An error occurred during this operation"
I had changed some aircraft to stock aircraft, but there are several non-stock aircraft. I changed all payloads to "0" (zero). This error message still appears with no hint of what the problem is. I have all required facilities, ships, vehicles, weather, and the starting airfield is Okay.

Could you tell me the name of the Mission. I will review my files and take a look at it.

renereimann
February 10th, 2013, 13:56
Could you tell me the name of the Mission. I will review my files and take a look at it.

There are seven missions in "British Fleet Cornered at Southhampton Bay" package. They are in CFS3 Missions (554 Total), if sorted by "Date created (Ascending)" they are on Page 8, last package.

There are seven what-if missions. The "#1 Southhampton-Portsmouth Locator" mission loads and flys normally. The other six missions, #2-#7 all get "Mission file failed to load".

HouseHobbit
February 10th, 2013, 14:45
Rene,
I sent a e-mail explaining in detail why these don't work in ETO..
These were set up for CFS3

And John does say a expert level..
The add-ons alone would take days to load and set up..

The GSL's and global_layer are different as are base ID's between the two..

They need to be converted to ETO global_layer and GSL and items too..

many of the items used in these mission are in ETO, But with different model names, and different set ups..

I can convert these to ETO
manually in many cases..
But is would be easier to make new ones in ETO ..

John Builds beautiful missions and I allowed to help in some of this as you know..

I learned this some many years ago when ETO first was released, that Not always does the missions fro CFS3 work in ETO..