PDA

View Full Version : what would you like to see?

snake36bravo
February 3rd, 2013, 09:49
I was looking at three views this weekend and came up with possibilities for the next project. Feel free to add something you'd like to see. Vehicles or ships included.

assassinezzio
February 3rd, 2013, 09:57
Fire scout UAv would be awesome. Definitly something new:salute:

Blackbird686
February 3rd, 2013, 10:05
A Lockheed Cheyenne Attack Helicopter. The airfile and aircraft.cfg may be a little tough though. The helicopter could take off and land as a helicopter would, but also fly like an airplane with a top speed of just under 200 MPH. It could fly sideways at 68 MPH, and was an aeronautical marvel. In reality, cost overruns and production delays eventually clobbered the project. Still...

BB686:USA-flag:

Rallymodeller
February 3rd, 2013, 10:32
An Avro Jetliner. It'd be really nice to see one of those in the FS universe.

Willy
February 3rd, 2013, 11:14
And who is going to build this? Just wondering

kikas
February 3rd, 2013, 11:17
I would love to see M35 truck

snake36bravo
February 3rd, 2013, 11:26
A Lockheed Cheyenne Attack Helicopter. The airfile and aircraft.cfg may be a little tough though. The helicopter could take off and land as a helicopter would, but also fly like an airplane with a top speed of just under 200 MPH. It could fly sideways at 68 MPH, and was an aeronautical marvel. In reality, cost overruns and production delays eventually clobbered the project. Still...

Got you covered on the Cheyenne. Working out animations and VC on that referencing 4 GB of Lockheed files and test footage I gathered. Uses original sounds from existing footage. aircraft.cfg is not that hard to do. Right now it behaves well when I test it out.

Looking for a summer release date after beta testing.

Blackbird686
February 3rd, 2013, 12:29
WOW... :icon_eek:! I'm looking forward to following the developmental progress of this model, as well as your finished product.

SSI01
February 3rd, 2013, 12:57
I'll second on that Mojave! Never seen one of those for FS9, or any other sim for that matter.

EDIT: The last time you were here, as I recall we were discussing the Cheyenne, which it looks like you've gotten well along with. Looking forward to that one. The other things I was thinking of were the Stealth Blackhawk used in the Pakistan raid, and the stillborn Comanche.

jrbirdman
February 3rd, 2013, 13:29
I would also like to see a Mojave, Cheyenne, RAH-66 Commanche, or maybe even a Westland 30 for FS9. Those would be great!!! Getting excited!! :jump:

ThinkingManNeil
February 3rd, 2013, 17:21
Lockheed also developed a nifty little helicopter that would've given both the Hughes 500 and Bell Jetranger a good run for their money had it been further developed: the XH-51 (http://www.aviastar.org/helicopters_eng/lok_xh-51.php)

N.

Jagdflieger
February 3rd, 2013, 17:41
I'd love to see the old Mohave too. The Cheyenne would also be a great ride in FS9.

There's a CH-37 Mohave at the Pima County Aviation Museum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikorsky_CH-37_Mojave

Aztec
February 3rd, 2013, 17:47
Massive +1 for the Mojave, got to be one of my favourite helos of all time! So ugly it is beautiful!

snake36bravo
February 3rd, 2013, 18:20
Thanks for the suggestions. Looks the Mohave is taking the lead here. Luckily I can head to Mother Rucker to see the one they have. Closer than Pima though I'd love to see that museum out there.

The XH-51A 240mph. Even today the AH-56 would smoke the Apache even today.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8233/8443673560_c8a3b23a48_c.jpg

jrbirdman
February 3rd, 2013, 21:15
Oooooooh!!! :icon_eek: :icon_eek: I wanna fly what's in your picture as well!!! That looks stunning!! Is that in FS9? And if so, when can I fly her? Simply brilliant!! :salute: Please release her soon!!! :icon_lol:

I would like to volunteer to be a beta tester. It would be an privledge to fly these and give my input.

SSI01
February 4th, 2013, 03:37
Thanks for the suggestions. Looks the Mohave is taking the lead here. Luckily I can head to Mother Rucker to see the one they have. Closer than Pima though I'd love to see that museum out there.

The XH-51A 240mph. Even today the AH-56 would smoke the Apache even today.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8233/8443673560_c8a3b23a48_c.jpg
How about one of these with an MMS and Hellfires? Makes one wonder what might have been.

T6flyer
February 4th, 2013, 03:41
A Boulton Paul Balliol......Oh no we've just built that, ummm well I have a few ideas but they will probably turn out to be our future projects!!! :)

Cheers,

Martin

Always fancied a Pilatus P2 though. Out of all my years simming found this to be lacking from the virtual hangars.

Mick
February 4th, 2013, 04:54
I don't know if I should cast a vote, since I'm not currently active in the hobby, but I long wished for an H-37 Mohave (I forget what the Marines called it.) I saw the 3-view and couldn't resist commenting. If there was one, I would probably get to fly it in the future, as I don't expect tp remain out of the hobby permanently.

We already have an excellent Republic Seabee with a gazillion paints for it, so a new one would be pointless.

That UAV and its ilk are far too modern for my taste, but I know there are folks who like that sort of thing.

ThinkingManNeil
February 4th, 2013, 09:09
I'd also love to see someone tackle the PZL 104MA Wilga 2000. I know that there are freeware and payware round-motored Wilga 35's out there, but I think the Wilga 2000 is definitely a good looking and good flying bird with its improved aerodynamics and flat, 300-horse IO-540 Lycoming...

N,

Crash_Hawk
February 4th, 2013, 09:37
Mojave, please!!!

Jonathan

p3aewguy
February 4th, 2013, 17:36
I was looking at three views this weekend and came up with possibilities for the next project. Feel free to add something you'd like to see. Vehicles or ships included.

Mojave for me please! If you do it, let me know. I have a PDF flight manual for the H-37.

Dave

snake36bravo
February 4th, 2013, 19:01
Mojave for me please! If you do it, let me know. I have a PDF flight manual for the H-37.

Dave

Based off all the responses so far I think I'm going to go with the Mojave. That doesnt mean the other suggestions go into the dustbin. In fact I've put them into the project spreadsheet. Lots of great ideas which is exactly what I was looking for. You might discover your requests popping up as the other stuff is still developed. I seldom work one project at a time. Or one version for that matter. There is an armed and unarmed Cheyenne for example.

Mod that would be me alone doing the work. I dont have a staff. I support the warfighter during the day and this works out that creative thing I left behind for the military.

Dave, I'd love a looksee at that pdf. I'll PM you my email. I'm looking at trying to get a cockpit view of the Mojave down at Rucker. A very resourceful contact is helping out with that.

Cheers!

Jagdflieger
February 4th, 2013, 19:16
Snake thanks for the efforts on this as well as your work supporting the Warfighters. The Mojave really should be a great ride in FS 9 and it'll fit in perfectly with my prop and early jet AI traffic.

I'm not sure why the Cheyenne didn't work out and I was a bit surprised that it fell by the wayside. It was probably just too far ahead of the required technology of the late 60s and early 70s. The cobra, as good as it was/is, was an interim design that soldiered on for many honorable years beyond what was expected of it. I just loved seeing them work out against the bad guys.

Have fun at the Fort Rucker museum. I toured that museum back in 1970 and again in 1993. I'll bet it's really been improved since my last visit. Now that you mention it, I remember seeing the Mojave there as well as an early model Lockheed Constellation that was in the storage area of the Museum.

Blackbird686
February 5th, 2013, 05:32
The AH-64 is basically a flying tank, lots of armour plate to protect the pilot as well as the machine... so it's probably not going to be as fast and nimble as the AH-56, which was lighter and better suited for high speed attack. Still, the Cheyenne was wicked deadly in it's design and proposed function. I wouldn't want to be in a light warplane, (Such as the modified T-28D used in Vietnam), and see one of these comming up in my rear view mirror. It's like a nasty wasp, with a lethal sting.

Nice shot, Snake... you definately have the lean, mean appearance and unique shape of the Cheyenne zeroed in. Can't wait to fly her... SIDEWAYS, next to the default 172...LOL :icon_lol:

pfflyers
February 5th, 2013, 10:54
While I was in tech school being trained as a Cobra crewchief/mechanic I remember senior nco's talking about the cancellation of the Cheyenne with some bitterness. Apparently one of the biggest nails in its coffin was political opposition from the Air Force. I assume they felt its performance threatened their monopoly on the CAS mission. The AF even made the Army give up their armed JOV-1 Mohawks.

aeromed202
February 5th, 2013, 11:37
A little late but for some ideas try here http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=152.15. My vote would be for an E2C, older or newer. This workhorse has been tragically left out of FS except for some included with Abacus software, which IMHO area bit lacking anyway.

HorusJ
February 5th, 2013, 12:27
Loving the idea of a AH-56 for FS9!:applause:

SSI01
February 8th, 2013, 08:44
If it's not too late, can we consider the K-MAX helicopter currently in limited use in Afghanistan? This is a most unusual remote-control helicopter that, according to news reports, has so far lifted over 1,000,000 pounds of cargo without incident into high-risk areas.

Tom Burnside
February 8th, 2013, 13:16
I think FS9 is in need of a decent F-35.

Maarten -
February 8th, 2013, 14:28

IMHO a decent F-35 for FS9 will hardly be possible to make as long as there is no decent real life F-35. With all the delays during the development and a test programme taking forever because of all the issues constantly encountered by Lockheed-Martin et all, it could take a few more years before the "Lightning" ( ;) ) has overcome its teething-problems.

Having said so, I certainly agree with you that an F-35 for FS9 would be very welcome.

Cheers,
Maarten

Sunny9850
February 8th, 2013, 14:38
Maarten, they are busily trying to keep the pilots in the much more expensive and equally flawed F-22 literally alive. The F-35 is damn near perfect in comparison :ernae:

But I do not want to sidetrack this thread with my cynicism. Not being a big fan of all things involving a "Jesus-Nut", in other words things where the wings are faster than the fuselage, I'll vote for anything with fixed wings.

Cheers
Stefan

Hooky722
February 8th, 2013, 16:05
I'm going to be Bold and suggest the Bristol Belvedere be added to the list of future prospects since the 'retro' theme has taken off recently and it seems to be one of the few a/c that has not yet been attempted as far as I can tell.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_oUIbf1GAMEJx3DCZEfr5aZt52qdFc-O951IWTz1o22WTjwKX

Regards

Hooky:salute:

Motormouse
February 8th, 2013, 23:13
I'm with you Hooky. Can't beat a Bristol pair.

Ttfn

Pete

SSI01
February 9th, 2013, 05:32
I'm going to be Bold and suggest the Bristol Belvedere be added to the list of future prospects since the 'retro' theme has taken off recently and it seems to be one of the few a/c that has not yet been attempted as far as I can tell.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_oUIbf1GAMEJx3DCZEfr5aZt52qdFc-O951IWTz1o22WTjwKX

Regards

Hooky:salute:

Wasn't there an American helo that looked something like this? I think Revell made a model kit of it once. There's another subject for you.

Maarten -
February 9th, 2013, 06:20
Wasn't there an American helo that looked something like this? I think Revell made a model kit of it once. There's another subject for you.

Do you mean the Bell HSL-1 ASW helicopter? See for details http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_HSL

Cheers,
Maarten

SSI01
February 9th, 2013, 08:48
Actually, Maarten, that wasn't it but I think what you've posted is a good candidate for our artist's skills.

I can't think of the builder's name, but for sure it wasn't the H-21, the "Flying Banana." The one I was thinking of had a long, straight fuselage with a real greenhouse at the front. I'll research the Revell helicopter kits and see if I can find an illustration.

EDIT: Found it! Piasecki H-16 Transporter:

Jagdflieger
February 9th, 2013, 21:10
Some more commonly seen Piasecki helos were the the HUP-1 Retriever and the H-21 Shawnee. The US Army and the French Armee de L'air both used the H-21 extensively on combat ops and the HUP-1 was reportedly a common sight with the US and the Canadian Navies.

AndyG43
February 10th, 2013, 03:43
Three for the Belvedere (but it will never happen).

There was (sort of) a British version of the Mojave. Westland had a licence agreement, and developed their own helicopter using the Mojave's dynamics, the Westland Westminster. When Westland, Fairey & Bristol were merged it was dropped in favour of the Rotodyne.

SSI01
February 10th, 2013, 04:12
Some more commonly seen Piasecki helos were the the HUP-1 Retriever and the H-21 Shawnee. The US Army and the French Arme de L'air both used the H-21 extensively on combat ops and the HUP-1 was reportedly a common sight with the US and the Canadian Navies.

I didn't consider the -21 as there are already a couple of birds out there for FS9. I believe someone has done the HUP for CFS2 but not for FS9; that being said, I think one would be a fine addition to the sim since it was a fairly common sight in the USN and RCN for a while. I was thinking of prototypes or helos with short production runs. The Transporter never made it into production (the article didn't say why), the second prototype crashed while under test and that put an end to the program. Sounds like performance was only marginally enhanced over existing helos and going in this direction wasn't deemed advisable.

ViperPilot2
February 10th, 2013, 23:53
Realizing where I'm posting this, I thought I'd give it a shot anyway...

The Rutan Catbird.

(Are you listening, Milton? Heh heh...)

Alan :iidea:

jrbirdman
February 10th, 2013, 23:54
Is it just me or does the "covered" Westminster look like what may have inspired the Sikorsky UH-60 Blackhawk? It bears a slight resemblance to me. Best regards, Jeremy

SSI01
February 11th, 2013, 04:45
You gotta point - but doesn't that front end also look like a Merlin, just a little?

jrbirdman
February 11th, 2013, 07:11
You know, now that you mention it... yeah it does. Good eye. Never thought of that.

Tom Burnside
February 13th, 2013, 14:44
I think an Alphajet package would be great.

Joe P
February 13th, 2013, 15:21
Definitely the Mohave, and the HUP! I would like to see the Belvedere also, but the others are Marine birds.

No one has built the Boeing 360 either!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_Model_360

http://www.aviastar.org/helicopters_eng/boeing-360.php

jrbirdman
February 13th, 2013, 18:18
The Boeing 360 has been on my wishlist for as long as I can remember! Great call on that one!! :applause::salute:

SSI01
February 14th, 2013, 05:04
WOW! A Frog with a facelift!!:applause::salute:

SOLOBO
February 14th, 2013, 10:47
I think an Alphajet package would be great.

She already exists Tom, and very nice... Maybe to adjust the flight dynamics, a little...

Here is a very beautiful skin by Jonathan "Rooster" Hilaire.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/9582/alphajer01.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/alphajer01.jpg/)

Aztec
February 14th, 2013, 21:35
If you were going to do anything from Boeing, it would have to be one of these -

SSI01
February 15th, 2013, 02:21
Watching "Thunderball" the other night brought to mind another Boeing derivative, obviously not Boeing-modified but still something worth watching. Who doesn't recall the modified B-17 at the end of the film with the Fulton recovery gear in the nose? There are only a few seconds when it's in view after the "snatch," but it looks like the tail turret's been removed and a couple of feet besides, beneath the rudder, leaving a rather cramped recovery station.

BTW I have that Alpha-Jet, it's a wonderful flyer.

Maarten -
February 15th, 2013, 06:44

Hello Tom,

At Simviation.com an F-35 Package is available:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/pageimages/X35-A.jpg

FS2004 X-35A & C Lockheed JSF Joint Strike Fighter Package (http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=FS9_X35B.zip). Model by Colin Thwaites. Airfile by Claudio Mussner. Pt1. 9.4MB Filename: FS9_X35B.zip
FS2004 X-35A & C Lockheed JSF Addon Files. (http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=FS9_A-C.zip) Joint Strike Fighter developed for the US/UK Airforces. Fully animated. Includes custom panel based on current test bed, plus v cockpit with HUD. Supersonic .AIR file. Requires FS9_X35B.zip and X-35Manual.zip Model by Colin Thwaites. Airfile by Claudio Mussner. Pt2 4.1MB
FS2004 X-35A & C Lockheed JSF Joint Strike Fighter Manual (http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=X35Manual.zip). 10.2MB

Cheers,
Maarten

Motormouse
February 19th, 2013, 06:56

X-35B by Colin Thwaites at Flightsim.com

ttfn

Pete

Jagdflieger
February 19th, 2013, 07:59
Look what I found at the Evergreen Museum in McMinnville, Oregon.

SSI01
February 19th, 2013, 09:45
This HAS to be the first one done!:jump:

jrbirdman
February 18th, 2014, 18:00
So would it be safe to say we were all duped when it comes to this topic?:uncomfortableness::indecisiveness: There hasn't been any news on any of this for a year!

Blackbird686
February 19th, 2014, 04:45
IRIS Simulations has a very nice F-35, but it's the "A" Model.... BUT, with the VTOL Gauge setup by RCB, it's a very realistic flyer, and will take off and land vertically. I have an F-35B done by Dino Cattaneo (Sorry if I mis-spelled that) flying in FSX. It's one of only a very few add-ons I have for that sim.

BB686:US-flag: