PDA

View Full Version : CAL CLASSICS LATEST UPDATE OF DOUGLAS DC-6

vonernsk
February 2nd, 2013, 14:20
Installed the latest versions of Cal Classics excellent range of DC-6s.

Had stripped out all previous DC-6 versions together with Ken Mitchell's panel and gauges so it was a 'clean install'.

Test flew all versions as I installed them and all AOK.

Prob comes when I am changing fm a DC-6 to another aircraft (incl other DC-6 versions). When the select new a/c box comes up and another a/c selected, the selection process stops with the busy blue circle of my O/S (Win 7 64bit) running.

Pressing the cancel button results in the selected a/c coming up with the DC-6 panel sans the VC of course. If another, say shorter or longer version of the DC-6 is selected then the VC also appears but offset by the view point setting difference between the two models, still with little blue 'busy' circle revolving.

The DC-6 panel does not want to let go for some reason.

Tried a number of other options such as putting the DC-6 gauges in the panel folder and placing the panel folder itself in the old standbye FSFSCONV and re-directing the panel cfg in the a/c panel folder accordingly, but with no success.

Anyone else experiencing this prob?

Mal

Jagdflieger
February 2nd, 2013, 16:20
Are these the latest files that just popped up at Avsim? If so, I haven't tried those and haven't downloaded them yet.

If no one here can answer your question, a post over at the Calclassic forum would probably get an answer pretty fast. You can get to their fora here:

http://calclassic.com/

Willy
February 2nd, 2013, 16:21
Maybe someone here can help, but California Classics has their own forum where I bet you'll get help on this quicker.

http://calclassic.proboards.com/index.cgi?

vonernsk
February 3rd, 2013, 01:58
You are right guys, just thought you might have tried these classics out yourselves.
Thanks for the link.
Mal

Sunny9850
February 3rd, 2013, 07:20
This is not going to help at all, but I have all of Tom's Douglas Propliners and have no issue at all switching from one to the other or any other aircraft.

There is one thing that comes to mind however that might cause the long reload time.
In order to ensure proper function of all the custom gauges etc built into the Doug's Tom has included a gauge that reloads the aircraft a second time when you select it from the list.

If you have a great number of user and AI aircraft in your FS installation that can take a bit of time.
Basically it takes a bit more than twice as long as if you just went to load any other aircraft in FS.
The special gauges for the reload are in the VC section of the panel.cfg IIRC.

Cheers
Stefan

vonernsk
February 3rd, 2013, 07:38
Thanks Stefan,

I have already got a working set up by going back to the previous set of gauges used and this resolved the issue.

With your info I will re-install latest gauge set up and hash out the relevant a/c re-load gauge when I find it in the panel cfg . . IIRC?

Mal