PDA

View Full Version : My Birddog is dead

PRB
January 30th, 2013, 14:13
My Sibwings Bird Dog, which is my favorite small plane in FSX, will no longer launch. Selecting the plane results in FSX CTD. The only thing I've installed since the last time I've flown the BD is Accu-feel version 2.0. Not saying this is the culprit, because I don't know. I uninstalled the Birddog, then re-installed, with the same CTD result.

So, my question, for the sake of troubleshooting, is: anyone with Accu-feel 2.0 who also had the Birddog installed, does the Birddog stilll work?

- Paul

OleBoy
January 30th, 2013, 14:17
Treat it like a lame horse. Take it out in the back pasture and shoot it! :mixedsmi:

I know, I'm not helping. I couldn't resist. :icon_lol:

N428ER
January 30th, 2013, 15:08
We all gotta go sometime...:salute:

Sieggie
January 30th, 2013, 15:14
I regularly fly the Birddog with the new Accufeel installed. No problem on my PC.

Dave

PRB
January 30th, 2013, 15:20
I regularly fly the Birddog with the new Accufeel installed. No problem on my PC.

Dave

Rrg that. Thanks!

- Paul

griphos
January 30th, 2013, 15:21
Hmmm...to be a little more helpful....I just loaded her up fine and I have Accu-feel 2.0 installed as well.

wallyboard
January 30th, 2013, 15:29
Maybe in My Documents/ A2a/ FSX/ Feel/ Cessna L-19_v2.0, delete the "feel.dat" file and see if that makes a difference.

Cheers
Larry

MudMarine
January 30th, 2013, 16:18
It doesn't like Navy pilots..........????

PRB
January 30th, 2013, 16:49
It doesn't like Navy pilots..........????

Hey now, was that necessary?? :icon_lol: Probably true though, hehe!

@Wallyboard - I will try that. Thanks!

- Paul

PRB
January 30th, 2013, 16:54
Hmmm...to be a little more helpful....I just loaded her up fine and I have Accu-feel 2.0 installed as well.

Thanks griphos. I was tryling to eliminate Accu-feel from the list of possible culprits, and you and Sieggie have done that. I'm glad, because I love the new accu-feel, and wouldn't want to uninstall it, even for the Birddog!

- Paul

PRB
January 31st, 2013, 14:44
Fixed it. While researching another problem, somebody on the GoogleNet suggested setting the campatibility of FSX.exe to "WindowsXP". I did that and noticed no difference, and left it that way. Upon unchecking the compatibility check box, the Birddog works again. So, don't set your FSX.exe to "WindowsXP compatable! And apologies to A2A for thinking bad thoughts about Accu-feel!

- Paul

Roger
January 31st, 2013, 14:48
Ha ha,
Glad it's sorted Paul. I'm afraid to update the model due to the utterly incomprehensible re-activation system they employ.

PRB
January 31st, 2013, 15:13
Ha ha,
Glad it's sorted Paul. I'm afraid to update the model due to the utterly incomprehensible re-activation system they employ.

In the course of troubleshooting this, I uninstalled, then re-installed both the original and the upgrade. It never even asked me for the key or anything. No activation or any kind was required. The installer, at the end, said "This product is registered to [me] xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" and that was it. There must have been some registry entry that "remembered" me. In any case, it was painless.

- Paul

Portia911
January 31st, 2013, 19:27
Good to hear your 'dog is up and about again, Paul. :jump:

I picked it up in the new year Sibwing sale, but haven't been out huntin' yet (usual 'too many aircraft and not enough time' problem!)