PDA

View Full Version : Scenery Question

TomSteber
January 6th, 2009, 13:53
I'm still new to the scenery end of this thing.
My question is this: When a scenery download tells you that you need the following files for it, as in Runway 12 Objects library 1, such and such terminals, blah, blah blah...
What or where do I put these downloaded files into so that these scenery downloads can use them?
There are a lot of sceneries that I don't get because of this and I figured it's time to find out.
Thanks

Henry
January 6th, 2009, 14:19
Most of them are library files
i believe if you download all runway 12
there are instructions where to put them
then any other add on will find them
H

CG_1976
January 6th, 2009, 15:21
I downloaded a EZ-scenery lib from flightsim.com and or avsim. Anyway its about 725megs. Once i installed it no worrys anymore tracking down objects. I know it was mentioned here or in the FSX next door.

Lionheart
January 6th, 2009, 15:57
Also, the Author will usually give you the exact file name in the ReadMe text so you know exactly what to look for. Then go to AVSIM, FlightSim, Simviation, etc, and hunt down said files, install per instructions, and you are done.

:rapture: <--- Mr. Data, now would be a good time...

Bill

TomSteber
January 6th, 2009, 16:39
Thanks guys. Will give it a try.
P.S. Love the Star Trek reference Bill! :applause:

aeromed202
January 7th, 2009, 18:21
The texture and scenery files from those sources can go into the respective folders in the add on scenery (AOS)directory of FS9. They should activate on the next start up. Or What I have started to do is for each source I create a new folder for the AOS tree named something related to the source. I then create a scenery and texture folder for this new one and deposit the files in these respective folders. I then activate the new stuff when FS9 starts up via settings-scenery library-add area-double click AOS-find the new folder-select and back out of FS9 and re-start. This way I can turn things on and off if there is a problem.
Don't forget to check scenery slider levels. Sometimes things won't appear under certain lower settings.
Hope this helps.

TomSteber
January 9th, 2009, 14:53
Rock On!!! Everything worked out great. There was a few worried moments but the end result is awesome. I now can fly out of Green Bay's Austin Straubel Airport and have it look like what's really here thanks to the fine scenery by Eric O'Link.
Off to get the rest of his midwest airports.
I smell a few short cross country hops coming up! :jump:

CG_1976
January 9th, 2009, 15:08
Indeed thank you Eric for KGRB. Now if only i had gmax skills to model Lambeau Field.

TomSteber
January 9th, 2009, 20:47
Indeed thank you Eric for KGRB. Now if only i had gmax skills to model Lambeau Field.

When I showed my wife the new look, she said " somebody should do Lambeau, I think people would like that". :amen: