PDA

View Full Version : Me....before and after losing 75 pounds

OBIO
January 28th, 2013, 15:33
Okay....in another thread I have been discussing my weight loss and was asked to post before and after shots....so here goes.

The following BEFORE shots were taken on April 4,2012....one week before I began work at a product packaging plant. Height: 5 feet 10 inches. Weight: approximately 330 pounds. Waist size: 46 going on 48 inches. Shirt size: XXL going on XXXL

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd251/OBIOandSharkbait/Tim%20Before%20and%20After/1.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd251/OBIOandSharkbait/Tim%20Before%20and%20After/2.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd251/OBIOandSharkbait/Tim%20Before%20and%20After/4.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd251/OBIOandSharkbait/Tim%20Before%20and%20After/5.jpg

OBIO
January 28th, 2013, 15:38
These AFTER shots were taken just a few minutes ago, January 28, 2013. Weight: 254 pounds. Height: 5 feet 10 inches. Waist: 40 going on 38 inches. Shirt size: XL...though the shirt I am wearing is a XXL....haven't really gone shopping for that many new shirts yet.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd251/OBIOandSharkbait/Tim%20Before%20and%20After/6.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd251/OBIOandSharkbait/Tim%20Before%20and%20After/7.jpg

Okay....so I am still not a small man....never have been....never will be....but I am much lighter, much healthier, have a ton more energy, have reduced my sleep apnea by 75%, have totally removed acid reflux from my life, and look much better and younger. I am still losing weight.....averaging between one and two pounds per week......in a month or so, my size 38 shorts will fit.....and then onto 36s! And that is as thin as I want to get....thinner than that and I start losing too much muscle and begin looking quite ill.

Tim

brad kaste
January 28th, 2013, 15:47
Hey OBIO,....will the fish in the tank be able to recognize you after all this weight loss?:kilroy:

CybrSlydr
January 28th, 2013, 18:02
Looking great! Way to go man! :D

Daveroo
January 28th, 2013, 18:24
:applause: damn fine job Obio...congrats...i need to do something myself,but my pain levels are so high and the fact im not very ambulatory anymore is a huge factor..but congrats to you once again....

Panther_99FS
January 28th, 2013, 18:32
:ernae::icon29:<--Light "beverages" of course....;)

mrogers
January 28th, 2013, 19:42
Wow man! What a difference! Great job, keep it up!

glh
January 28th, 2013, 20:18
Tim:

Congratulations to you.

Would you post a recap of what you are doing AND/OR give us a link to your discussion so we can read it for ourselves ??

I could stand to drop 30-40 # myself.

Thank you.

Jagdflieger
January 28th, 2013, 21:38
Way to go Obio!

I know that you didn't want to loose the mustachio, but I think you look fine without it too.

Gdavis101
January 28th, 2013, 22:39
Way to go man! Congratulations! :applause:

You have inspired me to do the same.

Naismith
January 28th, 2013, 23:37
Lookin' good! Quite rightly you look pleased with yourself and must be feeling so much the better for it. You must have been dangerously close to diabetes. You may inspire me to get on the exercise bike and diet some, I just have to get in the right frame of mind. It's so easy to be lazy. Giving up smokes 5 years ago has contributed to my present bulky 280lbs but then I'm 6'01". :icon_eek:

grunau_baby
January 29th, 2013, 03:45
My respect and hat off to your effort!!!:applause: Thereīs no harder thing than to kick oneself in the butt and get rid off nasty habits or laziness when they are already part of a long term routine. Yep, itīs so easy to keep things they way they are instead of working hard on changes.

I myself feel much better now with over 40 than years ago when I was around 20 and ill treated my body a lot or at least being awfully careless with it. I keep to healthy balanced food - even some treats are possible of course - and keep on moving, walking a lot. No more great weight changes, so seems my body came to itīs natural balance. But it was a long way...

Congrats and keep it up!
Alex

Blackbird686
January 29th, 2013, 06:10
WOW, what a difference!! Bet you feel alot better too! Congrats, Tim!:medals:

BB686:USA-flag:

N428ER
January 29th, 2013, 06:31
Way to go! :applause: :jump:

Nice fish tank!

fsafranek
January 29th, 2013, 06:44
You're looking great man! Please do share what you did or show us where to go to figure it out for ourselves. 80 pounds and 8 inches off the waist over 10 months is pretty impressive. Like you said, do put on the brakes at some point or you'll wither away.
:ernae:

jrbirdman
January 29th, 2013, 07:06
Cogratulations OBIO. At 6'4" and 255lbs, I am inspired by this thread to lose weight. Unfortuately, I have very severe back problems that prevent me from doing anything strenuous. I want to lose my belly and my 2nd chin. I am motivated now after reading and seeing your results. I would like to know what you are eating to help lose weight. Any suggestions? Thanks for the inspiration and keep up the outstanding work. Best regards, Jeremy aka Birdy :salute:

HouseHobbit
January 29th, 2013, 07:41
Well done Tim!
Very pleased with your success..
BRAVO!!

And there is Much rejoicing!!
:applause: :applause: :applause:

lemonadedrinker
January 29th, 2013, 08:44
Hi,

A great job you've managed there :applause: You are an example to all of us overweights out here !!

Andy.

norab
January 29th, 2013, 11:47
great job Tim, keep up the good work

OBIO
January 29th, 2013, 12:00
My weight loss has come pretty easily for me. I have not been on any kind of diet...though I have been eating more fresh fruits and veggies and cutting back on junk (sodas, chips, cookies). Right now, in fact, I am eating some Corinthians....tube shaped cookie things filled with chocolate....I pretty much eat what I want to....just in moderation. The key to my weight loss is movement....lots and lots of physical activity. Not exercise....no running, no yoga, no aerobics....just plain old fashion work....lifting and moving and dumping and packing and stacking of tons and tons of fresh fruit and veggies for hours and hours each day.....it's my job....inspecting and packing produce for super markets and restaurants.

On average, I would say that I consume between 1000 and 1500 calories of food each day....which really isn't that much food...but enough to keep me going. How many calories do I burn off each day....I have no idea, but it is clearly a lot more than I take in. Here's an example of what I do on a day to day basis.....Friday I was assigned to line 5 as the dumper....taking boxes of produce off the pallets and dumping it onto the sloped inspection and packing table...the rear edge of the table is just about shoulder height on me and slopes forward so that the produce rolls forward so the inspectors and packers and reach it. We had our monthly safety and procedures training from 7 to 7:30. Started work at 7:30. From 7:30 to 9:30 break time....I handled over 7000 pounds of green pears. From 9:40 until lunch at noon, I handled around 8500 pounds of cucumbers and 3500 pounds of squash. If a person spends 5 hours or so handling 30 to 75 pound boxes of produce, sometimes lifting from just above floor level, carrying them 4 or 5 feet, hoisting them up over his head and dumping them...then tearing down the empty box, slamming it onto a pile, then zooming back to grab another full box of produce....it's a crap load of calorie burning activity.

Would I see additional weight loss and muscle toning from hitting the gym 3 or 4 times a week to do a full body aerobic and resistance training routine....yeah.....but I am too tired most days to do so.

Tips for losing weight:

Consume a lot more low starch veggies such as lettuce, cabbage, cucumbers, snap peas, green beans, garden greens (kale, turnip, mustard, spinach)

Consume fewer starchy veggies, such a potatoes, pinto beans, kidney beans.

Consume less fatty cuts of meat and go for leaner cuts of meat.

Cut out sodas, milk, most fruit juices.....calorie packed and high in sugars and acids.

Reduce all dairy products in your diet....fat fat fat and cholesterol!!!!!! I have only drank 2 gallons of milk in the last 2 months....as opposed to the 2 gallons I used to drink in 2 weeks.

Increase your water intake.....drink lots and lots of water!

And don't forget to treat yourself to a bowl of ice cream or a pizza from time to time.....depriving yourself of the fun foods makes it so much harder to stick to a healthier diet. A bowl of ice cream ever couple of weeks is not going to kill you. A few slices of pizza on a Friday night will not set you back in your weight loss goals. But having those things from time to time will add the pleasure to your diet that will help keep you mentally happy.....

Tim

SPman
January 29th, 2013, 16:02
As an ex-Carpenter who now sits in front of a computer all day, I know where you're coming from. I need to lose about 8-10 kgs but find it rather hard, without doing what I used to do - constant low level movement . Sat at the same (trim) weight for 30 odd years, then put down the tools and - up she went. I don't do enough weekend work, on our 10 acre property, to do anything like I should be doing - there are only so many posts& fences to put in, gates to swing, trees to plant, prune, cut down, sheds to build, etc.

Well done and keep up the good work.

brad kaste
January 29th, 2013, 16:11
Tim,...I think you hit it on the head. Moderate movement on a daily basis for exercise and eating the right stuff. Plus treating yourself occasionally to what you like.

Sascha66
January 30th, 2013, 02:50
Way to go! Congratulations!