PDA

View Full Version : Re-arm on Carriers

stuart277
January 26th, 2013, 13:58
Hi All
I was wondering if you can land on your base 'carrier' and re-arm during a mission and if so, how is it done?
I was doing an IJN mission at midway where there are lost of targets for an A6M2, but the chance of running out of ammo is pretty high.
Cheers
Stuart:jump:

Blood_Hawk23
January 26th, 2013, 14:02
thats a good question.

bearcat241
January 26th, 2013, 16:14
No rearming in CFS2. If you really want to "simulate" some sort of rearming, just set unlimited ammo in settings and add any type of weapons counter gauge to the panel. When the counter reaches zero weapons, fly back to your carrier, land and then take off again to the target and start a new attack. Even though you have unlimited ammo, the counter is just to let you know when to return to the carrier and start the "rearming" simulation.

Shadow Wolf 07
January 26th, 2013, 16:46
As far as I know, rearming (and repair and refuel) was only allowed in the multiplayer mode - no such bird in singleplayer missions or campaigns.

Cody Coyote
January 27th, 2013, 06:04
You can simulate rearming in single missions by landing then pressing Alt - Aircraft - Change/Modify Aircraft... - OK. This will reset your DP file which will restore your full ammo load. It also repairs any damage to your plane which may or may not be realistic to your mission scenario.

I've written this into many missions where I flash a message that you are out of ammo and instruct the pilot to land and reload. Unfortunately this only works in single missions, not in campaigns.

Blood_Hawk23
January 27th, 2013, 11:43
i think that you could make a scenery and add a re-fuel area. but it wouldn't move. if you made it big enough you could add a carrier as and inf in the gsl. now i'm not sure if you would have to have the alt(height) up to the same as the flight deck or if you could leave it on the ground.

don't quote me on any of this. its only a theory. if you want to try it let me know. i'm willing to help.

bearcat241
January 27th, 2013, 14:00
The tradeoff in that theory is you would end up with a static carrier all alone in the big blue with no arresting cables for your returning trap. While there are some FS tools around for installing cables on static carriers, you still lose the immersion effect of navigating back to a moving task force with fully functional carriers in a campaign.

Blood_Hawk23
January 27th, 2013, 14:09
a point i wasn't aware of. i didn't realize that static carriers didn't have cables. thats good to know.

well it was a thought.

stuart277
January 27th, 2013, 14:58
Hi All
Thanks for the tips.:salute:
I think I will work with bearcat241's idea with the unlimited ammo and Cody's message that you are out of ammo and instruct the pilot to land and reload.
In reality, it would probably take 20-30 min to re-arm and take off, and decks may be busy with other landings and take-offs and I don't want the mission to have that sort of wait (although the 'sim rate' could be increased with the CFO add-on).
Cheers
Stuart