PDA

View Full Version : Alphasim Texan/Harvard FSX question

NickB
January 25th, 2013, 20:05
Last June my hard drive got fried and despite thinking that I had backed everything up, I lost everything that had the extension .dds and .cfg, basically all my aircraft. Fortunately, most of my purchases where on an external hard drive.

I finally got round to loading up my Alphasim FSX Harvard/Texan, but I notice that the propeller disappears behind clouds like a poor FS9 portover. I could have sworn that this model worked correctly in FSX. Can anyone confirm this and advise on where I can get it fixed if that's possible.

Cheers.
NickB

Kiwikat
January 25th, 2013, 20:12
Alphasim did release a full native FSX version of this aircraft. I think at some point they offered a reduced rate upgrade patch as well. Was quite some time ago so I could be wrong about the upgrade...

heywooood
January 26th, 2013, 06:51
the freeware Texan from Warwick Carter..? is better - should be listed in the freeware spreadsheet stickied above and it was born native to FSX - zero defects

Ferry_vO
January 26th, 2013, 06:54
Alphasim did release a full native FSX version of this aircraft. I think at some point they offered a reduced rate upgrade patch as well. Was quite some time ago so I could be wrong about the upgrade...

You are right, though I don't think they sell the upgrade anymore.

fsafranek
January 26th, 2013, 08:26
You are right, though I don't think they sell the upgrade anymore.
Maybe not but you could always ask Phil at Virtavia.
:ernae:

Ian Warren
January 26th, 2013, 10:31
Maybe not but you could always ask Phil at Virtavia.
:ernae:
Yes indeed , you have a history with Alphasim , write a note in the Virtavia support or contact , I had a missing file regarding the recent post of the Alphasim B-36 now selling under the Virtavia banner , Phil had my details and a link for the d/load within the hour :applause:

NickB
January 26th, 2013, 11:43
Thanks everyone. I'll see if I can find my details and drop a line to Virtavia.

BTW this kind of thing is why my name is in red.

Cheers
NickB