PDA

View Full Version : OH planes updated prop textures uploaded!

kelticheart
January 24th, 2013, 00:58
A good day to everybody! :wavey:

I just uploaded a collection of updated propeller blurred textures for the majority of the stockers overhauled by TheB24Guy over the years. Included the stock F4U1-A Corsair prop texture, overhauled by Dbolt.
TheB24Guy replaced the original roughly designed propeller blades and their blurred textures in all models, except from the Grumman TBF Avenger, the Mitsubishi G4M2 Betty, and the Kawanishi N1K2J George. In the P-39D Airacobra he included the fine propeller model and texture made by Bruce Thorson in 2002.

I haven't updated yet the latter group, I will upload another pack for them. The update consists of additional details trying to give the illusion of fast spinning prop blades.

for US Aircrafts:

textures for both Hamilton Standard and Curtiss Electric brands prop blades, with their matching blurred discs. During WWII Grumman used both propellers brands on their F6F Hellcat, according to which was available in stock at the time of the production run batch. Republic did the same on the P-47 assembly line. Lockheed equipped their P-38 Lightning exclusively with Curtiss Electric props.

for Japanese Aircrafts:

Both Imperial Naval and Imperial Army Air Forces during the early-war phases left the front of their aircrafts propeller blades in natural metal, while the back was painted dark flat brown to keep glare from the spinning blades affecting negatively the pilot's eyes. Later on, the entire propeller blade was painted with the same dark flat brown paint. Therefore, for example, Japanese planes attacking Pearl Harbour will be displayed correctly with the early-war natural metal prop texture, the same goes with Midway and all the way up to the US invasion of Guadalcanal, in the second half of 1942. From then on, Japanese started painting their aircrafts props entirely dark brown.
You will find enclosed both versions, blurred textures with matching still blade textures.

You can choose to drop your stock fleet prop textures in CFS2 root \TEXTURE folder, for fps improvement, instead of placing the prop disc texture in each aircraft \texture folder. This latter solution will allow you to have different still/blurred propeller textures keeping several versions of the same aircraft installed, particularly helpful when we want to display Japanese aircrafts with early-war natural metal prop blades or late-war dark brown prop blades.

Just be careful to place in each aircraft \texture folder its matching still prop blade texture, otherwise you'll witness funny things when you'll start your engine, like propeller blade details spinning with different colours or unmatched details!!! :icon_eek:

:snowman: Enjoy!
KH :ernae:

Cody Coyote
January 24th, 2013, 06:39
Thanks Kelti! These will be great!

Rami
January 24th, 2013, 07:39
Kelti,

Outstanding work! They are now approved, ready to go.

kelticheart
January 24th, 2013, 09:18
Kelti,

Outstanding work! They are now approved, ready to go.

Thank you, Rami! Let me know if you can tell what was updated, because I tried to be as subtle as possible, and if you like the resulting effects. UncleTgt got a preview sample for his Dauntless/A24 new skins and he picked it up right away.

It's a long pixel by pixel hand work and I am transferring the same update details to all the other aircrafts I covered in the past. I will then upload them grouped by designer. It will take a while as some of them were so difficoult to do I forgot how I did them, particularly those in 256x256 format and those equipping Akemi's creations.

It's one of the two projects I have in mind to lend more life to our beloved CFS2. You just got a taste of the other one....:d

Cheers!
KH :ernae: