PDA

View Full Version : NFL Championships

Eoraptor1
January 20th, 2013, 08:59
No thoughts on today's Championship games? I'm pulling for the Ravens because I'd love to see Ray Lewis end his career in a Super Bowl, but I think the game vs the Pats could go either way. I don't understand how the Ravens are 9 point dogs though. I wouldn't be surprised if it came down to a field goal. I'd like to see the Falcons get in, but the Niners look too strong. Anyway, I've had to become a "may the best team win" sort of fellow just to watch sports. I used to spike my blood pressure watching the games, and that just won't do.

JAMES

Daveroo
January 20th, 2013, 12:45
im not a big football fan.....but my folks are diehard 49er fans...had season tickets for 35 years,went to every game cept when my dad lost his foot,,but the week after he was reliesed from the horsepital....he went..his tailgate buddies helped..they caravaned down to the stick with two large station wagons,and at one time there were 7 families involved with the group..away games..the families all met at someones home to watch the game and us kids got kicked out of the house until the game was over....

and that point brings me to this afternoons game....just before the end of the second quarter....i mumbled "man..if they lose,we dont have to put up with this for another year".......mom heard me and yelled "OUT,NOW"

and ment it...so here i am in my rv ....

pilottj
January 20th, 2013, 14:43
Go Niners! Congraduations to the Falcons, they have a lot of potenial, and a good team to build on. Being a Giants(baseball) fan, I know how it feels when the whole country picks against your team, and the Falcon's damn near pulled it off. I was at the officers club having brunch with family earlier, when I left there, the Falcons were up 17-0, but I knew it wasn't over. I have a lot of respect for Ray Lewis and wouldn't mind seeing him in the superbowl. Ray Lewis on the Ravens and Patrick Willis, who is like the Ray Lewis protoge. It will be a good game too if the Niner's meet the Pats.

Like Dave, I am a niner fan by blood. When I was a kid, I would come to visit grandparents and hear Grandpa bellowing at the TV during a niners game, so by family tradition, I am a niners fan. I was just starting to 'understand' football as a kid when the Niners beat the Bengals in superbowl XXIII. Since he has passed, now I am the one bellowing at the TV during a niners game.

pfflyers
January 21st, 2013, 06:51
This is shaping up to be a good year for SF sports fans. First the World Series, and now the Super Bowl.