PDA

View Full Version : Batmobile #1 is for sale!

paiken
January 19th, 2013, 14:48
The original Batmobile (#1), used in the TV series is up for auction tonight at the Barret-Jackson Auction in Scottsdale, AZ.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=5037&aid=466

Willy
January 19th, 2013, 16:43
Ah yes... the old Lincoln Futura.

Daveroo
January 19th, 2013, 17:43
Fatty Arbukle's 1919 Pierce Arrow just sold for $1,100,000.00......oh no...did NOT meet the reserve...wow...but i saw a car.which i thought was this one..back in the 80s at the blackhawk collection in the SF bayarea ,the title board said it was fatty's 1919 PA,but it was a dirty brown..and beat up...this car was a pretty blue with white tires...not white sidewalls...but overall white tires...the car at B-J was said to have been restored in 2008...but i wonder if it was the same car?..as i dont remember it being right hand drive

srgalahad
January 19th, 2013, 18:36
$4.2 million...

for a piece of tv trivia.

paiken
January 19th, 2013, 18:59
$4.2 million...

for a piece of tv trivia.

The ROI was quite high...he originally paid $1 for the car and modified it with a $15,000 budget from the TV studio.

brad kaste
January 20th, 2013, 04:30
The bidding on the Batmobile turned into a real circus event. As the price kept jumping higher and higher I could only think "have these guys lost their minds?" I do know for 4.2 mil,....a garage full of cooler muscle cars from the 60's could be had.

Terry
January 20th, 2013, 04:51
Did you see the interview with the guy that bought it? He seemed a little odd in his behavior. Said he is going to keep it in his living room. Jackson better hope he can pay for it!

Dain Arns
January 20th, 2013, 11:08
They do offer financing through Barrett-Jackson. I believe customers are pre-approved.
So say a low interest loan for 60 months, would only be about $90,000 a month (very roughly calculated)... :icon_lol:

paiken
January 20th, 2013, 11:21
Mr. Champagne can definitely afford the price tag. It's truly amazing watching the bidders get caught up in the moment, and of course there's lots of alcohol floating around greasing the wheels, so to speak.

Allen
January 20th, 2013, 11:38
Fatty Arbukle's 1919 Pierce Arrow just sold for $1,100,000.00......oh no...did NOT meet the reserve...wow...but i saw a car.which i thought was this one..back in the 80s at the blackhawk collection in the SF bayarea ,the title board said it was fatty's 1919 PA,but it was a dirty brown..and beat up...this car was a pretty blue with white tires...not white sidewalls...but overall white tires...the car at B-J was said to have been restored in 2008...but i wonder if it was the same car?..as i dont remember it being right hand drive

I thought BJ didn't use reserves... or was this not a BJ event?

Dain Arns
January 20th, 2013, 11:52
I thought BJ didn't use reserves... or was this not a BJ event?

Yes they use Reserves, and it was Scottsdale 2013.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=5028&aid=466

Odie
January 20th, 2013, 12:10
Well, really can't say anything negative here....IF I could get an F-14 placed in the front yard (heck, or one of the tails), I'd sit out under it every afternoon and enjoy the evening! I actually have a spot
in the front yard in front of my flag pole just begging for a tail fin.....

aircav1970
January 20th, 2013, 12:30
Wow,I was just watching the final 4 hours of the B-J auction and someone just sold a brand new Cessna C-182T including the flying lessons for $445,000.USD.It was fully equipped with the full glass cockpit and all the bells and whistles.....not bad!

Daveroo
January 20th, 2013, 12:37
im kind of jazzed about the 2014 B-J season...they announced last night they will be at "Hot August Nights" in Reno NV,in 2014im already lobbying my folks to let me look into renting a handicap van so i can take my jazzy614HD power chair,instead of having to be pushed in a wheelchair,we have a carrier for the jazzy that goes into the reciever on the truck..but it bounces and moves around...would make my dad too "nervice" to use the truck to go over the summit...I80 is allways "under construction"

aircav1970
January 20th, 2013, 15:29
Daveroo,I don't know how the set-up at the Barrett-Jackson Reno event is going to be but both here in Scottsdale and Orange County I had to contact their customer service department to get permission to bring my power scooter onto the property.Here in Scottsdale they have a vendor that rents golf carts (quite expensive I might add),he has a monopoly on rentals and you can't just show up with your own scooter.It was pretty easy to get the permit,I had to submit a scanned copy of my state disability placard along with a request for the permit and it was waiting at the gate for me when I got there.Just a heads-up in case you do get to attend!:cool:

Daveroo
January 21st, 2013, 09:26
Daveroo,I don't know how the set-up at the Barrett-Jackson Reno event is going to be but both here in Scottsdale and Orange County I had to contact their customer service department to get permission to bring my power scooter onto the property.Here in Scottsdale they have a vendor that rents golf carts (quite expensive I might add),he has a monopoly on rentals and you can't just show up with your own scooter.It was pretty easy to get the permit,I had to submit a scanned copy of my state disability placard along with a request for the permit and it was waiting at the gate for me when I got there.Just a heads-up in case you do get to attend!:cool:

wow..thanks for the heads up on this...a power chair like mine would do much less damage than a golfcart would in the hands of someone how doesnt know how to operate it...but other than the possiblity to damage cars...whats the beef with powerchairs?....just one more show of judgements?...."oh hes disabled,he couldnt possibly drive a car,let alone afford one" bah