PDA

View Full Version : Athens - Acropolis and Pantheon by Shessi

Rami
January 15th, 2013, 17:55
Hey guys,

Klausreiss got me thinking...would it be possible for the Athens GSL scenery to create multi-lod object library parts that could create the Acropolis? This would provide an extra bit of realism for those mission which occur over the city.

If not, I can always do without it...it's just a thought...

Jagdflieger
January 15th, 2013, 19:19
I got to thinking that there should be an FS 8 Acropolis somewhere, but quick searches at Flightsim and Avsim didn't produce any hits. It would be fun to see some of the Greek landmarks when flying over Greece.

sc7500
January 16th, 2013, 07:49
Yeah, it's FS2004.... But also a start !

http://www.freewarescenery.com/fs2004/greece.html

SC
:kilroy:

CrisGer
January 16th, 2013, 09:52
Yes those greek sceneries are nice, and i agree it would be splendid for the Greek missions to have a good Athens.

Shessi
January 17th, 2013, 11:15
A bit of practice and something bashed out in a few hours last night.

Not multi-LOD, but TBH so few polys not really needed. Two choices, either solid gaps btwn Parthenon columns or see-through.

Yes Rami, I'm back to the bombers, just an interesting interlude with a Metaxa xxxxx and a greek salad........hmmmmm.

Cheers Shessi

Rami
January 17th, 2013, 15:47
Shessi,

If it's a choice...I'd rather have the solid walls. This is awesome! :wiggle:

Shessi
January 18th, 2013, 05:05
A simple Acropolis and Parthenon in Athens scenery for CFS2 by Shessi

Includes textures to have a see-through gaps in the Parthenon columns or solid ones, you might prefer one over the other.

Cheers

Shessi

Shessi
January 18th, 2013, 05:09
No, no choice needed Rami, I'm still in there with all of them..........just time is required.

Uploaded now

Shessi

oh yes, if you want to incorporate it into any other gsl etc scenery, be my guest.

tobob
January 18th, 2013, 05:13
Wow thanks Shessi! Great prompt work! :salute:

tobob

Shessi
January 18th, 2013, 10:54
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/923713585177926056.JPG
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery Add-Ons

Description: A simple Acropolis and Parthenon in Athens scenery for CFS2 by Shessi

Includes textures to have a see-through gaps in the Parthenon columns or solid ones, you might prefer one over the other.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CFS2 Acropolis with the Parthenon - Athens.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=15233&catid=45)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

msfossey
January 18th, 2013, 11:17
Great idea, thanks Shessi for all your efforts. Guess it's time to build a dedicated MTO for CFS2.

Thanks all,

msfossey

Rami
January 18th, 2013, 12:18
Shessi,

This is very much appreciated...and the city will be built around it. Thanks! :salute:

oldwheat
January 18th, 2013, 12:24
Is it destroyable :pop4: ? He he.

Rami
January 18th, 2013, 13:03
Is it destroyable :pop4: ? He he.

Oldwheat,

They're already ruins, for heaven's sake! And destroyable? C*rist, even I'm not that sadistic...lol

Shessi
January 18th, 2013, 13:20
OW,

It hasn't been destroyed in thousands of years, so not now either......:salute:

Cheers

Shessi

Blood_Hawk23
January 18th, 2013, 22:30
yeah its not the abbey Monte Cassino.

Robert John
January 20th, 2013, 07:59
Hi,

As it is not destroyable would it be better placed as ordinary scenery, then the viewing distance will be greater and have a few lods to make it frame rate friendly.

RJ

Shessi
January 22nd, 2013, 12:20
Hi RJ,

Yes, just an ordinary .bgl. I don't think, as is, will give anyone any FR hit. If the scenery gets complicated and LODs are needed for all the scenery then will re-visit it.

Cheers

Shessi