PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely Unbelievable...

Wittpilot
January 13th, 2013, 21:42
Can you believe something like this actually happened? They wanted to SHOOT HIM DOWN?????? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!

People are seriously beginning to frighten me....

http://www.aopa.org/aopalive/this-week/index.cfm

Cirrus N210MS
January 13th, 2013, 22:37
totaly crazy

gman5250
January 13th, 2013, 23:46
As this is not the forum for things political, all I will say is that this is an indication of a dangerous trend. In my research I see dozens of storeies like this every day. Absolutely unbelievable.

stiz
January 14th, 2013, 00:08
seems that someone saw him over the nuke plant, said "plane" then people overreacted thinking "plane + nuke plant = big boom", which is stupid considering the plant would do far more damage to the glider than the glider would do to the plant!!

stansdds
January 14th, 2013, 02:02
Common sense died, evidently it has been replaced by hysteria and tyranny.

And the end of the story? If you don't sue the police (presumably for wrongful arrest) we will drop the charges? Insane.

kilo delta
January 14th, 2013, 02:07
I'm surprised that he waived his rights to sue....considering he didn't do anything wrong and the sectionals don't have any no fly zone marked on it for the area around the nuke plant.

CWOJackson
January 14th, 2013, 09:33
Despite not being able to complete his intended course I imagine he'll remember this flight the rest of his life.

EasyEd
January 14th, 2013, 17:22
Hey All,

We are always required to trade freedom for safety in this day and age. You'll live longer guaranteed! :mixedsmi:

-Ed-

Willy
January 14th, 2013, 17:53
Let's not get political here.

Wittpilot
January 14th, 2013, 21:54
I was kind of surprised he waived his right to sue as well... however, I imagine being an older man and seemingly pretty sane, all he cared about was putting the whole thing behind him.....

kilo delta
January 15th, 2013, 02:32
Also....just how did the police plan on shooting him down? Are the local law enforcement officers equipped with manpads and helicopter gunships? :icon_lol:

wombat666
January 15th, 2013, 05:51
I was kind of surprised he waived his right to sue as well... however, I imagine being an older man and seemingly pretty sane, all he cared about was putting the whole thing behind him.....

From his accent I'd be thinking he might not be from the US originally.
:kilroy:

CWOJackson
January 15th, 2013, 10:48

I have to imagine that his demeanor wasn't any more upset even during the incident. He seems like a fairly level headed fellow that, for the most part, took it in stride.

SPman
January 15th, 2013, 16:14
I have to imagine that his demeanor wasn't any more upset even during the incident. He seems like a fairly level headed fellow that, for the most part, took it in stride.
I'd imagine you'd need to be fairly level headed to survive long as a glider pilot.......