PDA

View Full Version : R08 HMS Queen Elizabeth CVF

lazarus
January 11th, 2013, 22:07

Mark Walsh's CFS2 CVF, Bay class, Type 26, Type 226, and the old FS2002 UKMIL Rover class AOR, all aircraft operating areas, ski jump ramp and hangar integral hard deck, uploaded here and Simviation, should be up tomorrow.:salute:

StormILM
January 12th, 2013, 14:50
Glad to finally have a good AI Carrier in the QE class and it looks great. I did find a problem however. I get a crash detection at the top of the jump ramp. That impact/crash detection extends vertically above the ramp a good ways as if there is an object above the jump ramp. Even when I disable crash detection, there is still an impact at the top of the jump ramp showing scrape/sparks and smoke. I've seen this on previous AI Carrier which the authors found the bug & fixed it. Just not sure how many others have tested and experienced this?

Essex
January 12th, 2013, 16:08
Yes, same problem here. There's a picture of the problem in the package, 'CVF skijump.jpg' the dark smoke in the foreground.
Excellent work otherwise, thanks.

lazarus
January 13th, 2013, 09:16
Its the amature quotient. I guess its a crash box resize thing? Not sure how to resolve it-yet. It seems fairly minor-a little annoying-but good enough for now. Get this stuff off the hard drive and into the FS gene pool, can always update latter when I figure out how to fix that. I think Gary has a much nicer QE coming along; and if his Invincible class is any indication, this one is strictly an interim measure to be discarded when when his ship hits the water.
You would not know it from a prize winning Email that came in last night from an IRATE weenie who was carring on as if he payed thousends of dollars for it and his whole house blew up as a result of some dark, sinister maleficence on my behalf. Sheesh! Good thing my hides as thick as a hockey fans skull!

gp183601
January 13th, 2013, 13:02
It's a pretty good model - seems to be an amalgamation of the CVF Delta design (The hull has the phalanx on lowered hull sponsons either side which was changed in the 2007 design) and the current design for the islands. I've had a look at the crash issue and it could probably be resolved quite easily. However as this model is not mine I can't just modify it without permission so it's probably back to the original developer to fix for FSX (Mark Walsh)

Lazarus, if you've got permission to modify the model from Mark then look at the hard deck parameters, and try altering the crashboxgranularity in MCX

My Queen Elizabeth designs (STOBAR, CATOBAR and fictional STOBAR) are still a way off and i've got some other models to complete first. (Ark Royal and these :censored: deck lights being one of them) and Oriskany.

There are three other developers that I know of working on a QE class so it's safe to say at least one will be finished before me. Still, now i've got Dino's F-35B i've got an added incentive! :)

Cheers
Gary

seawing
January 20th, 2013, 11:30
[QUOTE=gp183601;775359

(Ark Royal and these :censored: deck lights being one of them)

Cheers
Gary[/QUOTE]

We do so much appriciate, you are working on them! Looking forward for the first sea trials!!

Seawing :salute:

Essex
May 19th, 2013, 10:00
I've managed to fix the ski jumps on both Queen Elizabeth and Hermes.
ModelConverterX seems to have a quirk in that it sometimes places platforms just under the surface rather than just above. Use display attached objects to see what I mean.
If you move the ship back so it's centred near the ski jump, then pitch the ship forward so the ski jump is flat. You can now do add auto platform and you should now get a platform in the correct place. I'm not sure if you need to delete the old platforms first, I did. Then pitch the ship back and export.

I'm not sure why I end up with a file half in size (different setting somewhere?), but it seems to work ok.