PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for a Joystick

Wildcat-87
January 10th, 2013, 17:59
So I haven't been able to fly much since my joystick broke.
Was wondering if anyone had some good recommendations for a new one.

MaskRider
January 10th, 2013, 19:03
My Logitech Extreme 3DPro (http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Extreme-Joystick-Silver-Black/dp/B00009OY9U) has served me well.

MR

Blood_Hawk23
January 10th, 2013, 19:14
i'm currently using a logitech duel action gamepad. my stick broke about 5 yrs ago. haven't realy had the money to get a new one.

kwb737
January 10th, 2013, 19:34
Mine just broke also. I replaced it with Saitek PS38 Cyborg F.L.Y5 Flight Stick (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EYU1VO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00). Taking a little getting used to since the one I had was very basic with no twist rudder control like this new one has.

Shadow Wolf 07
January 11th, 2013, 02:05
...sounds like an epidemic of stick breakdowns

I use the Saitek Cyborg F.L.Y. 5 Stick for PC with my laptop and the Saitek X52 systen with rudder pedals on my desktop. :wiggle:

Wildcat-87
January 11th, 2013, 23:34
Yeah the one that broke was a logitech one. Lasted me a couple of years though. I took a look at those sailtek ones and they do look nice. Thanks very much for the help:applause::salute:

smoky942
January 12th, 2013, 01:00
I think joysticks are very much a case of how much you want to spend. Over a lot of years I used the Saitek X36 ...X52... and X52 pro. For the money, they were all excellent, each one passed on to someone else after several years of use in full working order, so, I highly recommend Saitek. However, for the last year I've been using the Thrustmaster Warthog. The difference is such that I could never go back to the saitek. For me, it's about the same difference as driving a Ford (which I do) and driving a Mercedes Benz (which I've just test driven) The Ford now has to definitely go.

Russell.

Dakota93
January 12th, 2013, 12:52
My old joystick finally gave out on me in December, lasted me a long long time, was a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 that I bought back in 1999 when I first got CFS1. Think I got my moneys worth out of that one. Replaced it with a Thrustmaster T.16000M and so far I'm loving it, but it's only been a couple weeks since I got it. Only issue I've had with it is remembering what I mapped to where on it's 16 buttons.:banghead:

Naismith
January 12th, 2013, 13:54
If you enjoy banging your head against the wall in frustration, falling out with your wife 'cause you yelled at her and throwing mugs of coffee at the screen, I would recommend the Logitech G940, otherwise save your sanity and plump for a Saitek X52. :icon_eek:

Wildcat-87
January 16th, 2013, 20:59
If you enjoy banging your head against the wall in frustration, falling out with your wife 'cause you yelled at her and throwing mugs of coffee at the screen, I would recommend the Logitech G940, otherwise save your sanity and plump for a Saitek X52. :icon_eek:

HahaI definetley think I'll stay away from that logitech one,

Allen
January 16th, 2013, 21:35
I still use my 2nd MS Sidewinder Precision 2. Found it at discount store in town new. My first lost a tactile switch to look left with the "Hat switch" and the trigger. 2nd is lossing the tactile switch to look left like the first. I fix it by getting a new tactile switch from Radio Shack or take it from the first one as it has Right, Up and Down that still works.

I also have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick. Much too stiff for my taste. I use it for the Win7 PC and BF1942.

dhasdell
January 18th, 2013, 01:06
I am happy with my Thrustmaster T.16000M.

Killer Svend
January 18th, 2013, 02:44
I am using a Logitech Force 3D Pro, it has served me for many years without any problems, when it break down within the next 100 years it will be replaced with a Logitech again.
Killer Svend:salute: