PDA

View Full Version : NAS Patuxent River catapult scenery

assassinezzio
January 10th, 2013, 04:03
Hi guys

Do any of you know if its possible to create the carrier catapult & arresting gear at Patuxent river for FSX? Thought it might complement the F-35c from Dino quite nicely for some realistic flying

Navy Chief
January 10th, 2013, 10:08
Hi guys

Do any of you know if its possible to create the carrier catapult & arresting gear at Patuxent river for FSX? Thought it might complement the F-35c from Dino quite nicely for some realistic flying

Am almost positive there is a freeware addon/file to allow you to do this yourself, but for the life of me, I can't remember the name!

NC

assassinezzio
January 10th, 2013, 10:26
thanks Chief, if it does cross your mind. Do let me know, will be much appreciated.

Navy Chief
January 10th, 2013, 14:24
thanks Chief, if it does cross your mind. Do let me know, will be much appreciated.

This is the file I was thinking of. Do search in AVSIM library for:

ArrestorCables 2.6

Navy Chief

Roadburner440
January 10th, 2013, 15:01
There is gear up at Pax for a cat also? I may have to download that myself as it will be good to practice before trying to do my controlled crashes on actual moving carriers.

Navy Chief
January 10th, 2013, 15:12
There is gear up at Pax for a cat also? I may have to download that myself as it will be good to practice before trying to do my controlled crashes on actual moving carriers.

I think this file allows you to place arresting gear only, anywhere, but may be incorrect.......NC

gradyhappyg
January 10th, 2013, 15:54
If I am not mistaken there was a set of wires at one time that could be placed anywhere with AI carriers.
But I can't remember the what,where or who of it.

delta_lima
January 10th, 2013, 18:23
I'm not entirely clear what the question is ...

First, from just a "scenery" (visuals) standpoint, I believe the MAIW Patuxent River scenery has a carrier deck painted on one of the special-use runways.

What I think the OP was asking is about the ability to add FCLP and IFLOLS to a specific zone/runway.

That was covered here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?9288-IFLOLS-and-FCLP-!/page2 on post #26. That should help you get the FCLP and IFLOLs active anywhere.

I hope that helps,

DL

MIKE JG
January 10th, 2013, 18:53
I can only speak for FS9 where this is entirely possible, not sure about FSX but it should work the same.

He can do everything, create actual scenery models to mimic the ground based catapult test system and arresting wires as well as add the module that create a catapult launch and arresting wire stops.

He could even add steam effects for the catapult.

sparouty
January 10th, 2013, 22:07
Hi,
I did some work on FCLP features (wires and FLOLS).Acceleration features partialy work when compiles into a bgl scenery : arresting gears works but not catapult or FLOLS... The RFN gauge system includes a FCLP mirror that can be inserted automatically. For wires (visual objects and or functional features) it has to be managed separatly (you can PM me for more detail...)
If you want to add a catapult system like Acceleration one (with animation and holdback mode) I think that the only way is to use a dummy AI carrier and insert it using AI Carrier or a gauge like the RFN Gauge.

Regards,
Sylvain

assassinezzio
January 11th, 2013, 01:01
Thanks for all the feedback gentlemen, going to play around a bit and see if i can get something figured out. Ive seen the maiw pax river can be added into fsx without too much fuss so will start there.

Shylock
January 11th, 2013, 01:16
Me and my buddy wanted to start on this as a scenery project but didn't really seem to garner enough interest. Maybe I'll show him this thread and respark the idea of building it....

Navy Chief
January 11th, 2013, 02:04
NATC Pax River scenery would be great! It was my first duty station, 73-76. Loved that place!

NC