PDA

View Full Version : Accu-FeelV2 Air, Land & Sea is out

pilottj
January 6th, 2013, 07:04
Hey Guys,
Accu-Feel V2 is released :jump:

Upgrade for current Accu-feel users $5
http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=54

Regular version $20
http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=55

Cheers
TJ

*edit, here is the vid from A2A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ9YGMr7SnY&feature=player_embedded

TheGrunt
January 6th, 2013, 07:15
Bought the upgrade. With 5 bucks you really can't go wrong with this :running:

Snaker
January 6th, 2013, 07:37
Thanks for the heads up. Have been checking the a2a forms each day now. Like TheGrunt said - you cant go wrong with the updgrade for 5 bucks!

Here is the link to the official announcement...

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=33303

racartron
January 6th, 2013, 07:39
The water effects are all A2A promised -- and more:applause: You get bounced all over the place getting airborne. Haven't checked out the new air effects as I'm having way too much fun taking off and landing all my water babies. Now have to reload the Avia to see just how bad I can make the water drag effects and still got up.

Ya'll just got to get this, Guys -- and only a $4.99 upgrade:jump:

roger-wilco-66
January 6th, 2013, 08:13
Bought the upgrade on the double, love it- Thanks for the h/u!

Cheers,
Mark

icycle
January 6th, 2013, 09:11
I've been waiting for this.

Too bad I bought mine from Simmarket - the download for the upgrade is messed up. No files found! I guess I'll have to wait for them to process the trouble ticket :(

Anyway, some thing to look forward to!

Bill

HighGround22
January 6th, 2013, 09:19
This is one of those "gotta have", low-priced BEEG deals! It's exciting just to contemplate the new effects.

(Sounds of me scuttling-off to get the download, toot-sweet!)

OleBoy
January 6th, 2013, 13:11
I haven't been to the A2A site to read up on it yet.
One question. Is AccuFeel v2.0 Prepar3D compliant?

Blade124
January 6th, 2013, 13:35
While we are for any efforts Lockheed Martin are making with P3D, we do not currently endorse or test our products with it. The only reason is the cost and time to take on another platform. The default FSX gives us all the power we need, but if we find customers moving to P3D (seems to be a very small %), we will look to support it. That day, may or may not ever come considering the continued growth and popularity of FSX.

Also, we're are not aware of any incompatibilities with P3D with any of our products so far. Some of our power customers have tested our Accu-Sim aircraft in P3D and report no known issues. Accu-Feel would likely also be compatible, but we can't say 100%

Scott.

OleBoy
January 6th, 2013, 13:40
I guess that answers my question then. I bought the previous version for FSX, and since then (and a few months ago) moved on to P3D.
I'll wait for confirmation before I toss a 5 spot. Not that the price is not reasonable. I would just rather have confirmation prior.

Thanks for the info.:salute:

full
January 6th, 2013, 14:16
Works perfectly with P3D :wiggle:

Ian Warren
January 6th, 2013, 15:04
Really works for me ... just call me bob in the Aerosoft Catalina :icon_lol: Now to play around with physics of the Virtavia A4 :cool:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

OleBoy
January 6th, 2013, 15:10
Craig, Ian, thanks for the confirmation.
Off I go then.

jetstreamsky
January 6th, 2013, 15:17
Finally float planes make sense in FSX

N2056
January 6th, 2013, 15:19
I bought this via FS Pilot Shop. I don't see an upgrade option there yet. Am I missing something?

Blade124
January 6th, 2013, 16:12
I bought this via FS Pilot Shop. I don't see an upgrade option there yet. Am I missing something?

N2056,

I believe they stock the store M-F for the most part, so they will likely have it available by the end of tomorrow (Mon). It's in our store and SimMarket atm.

BTW, it's nice to hear sea plane pilots enjoying the water effects.

Scott.

N2056
January 6th, 2013, 16:18
Thanks Scott. Would it be safe to guess the the upgrade just verifies an existing install during the upgrade process? In that case where I get the upgrade is not a critical factor?

Blade124
January 6th, 2013, 16:45
Thanks Scott. Would it be safe to guess the the upgrade just verifies an existing install during the upgrade process? In that case where I get the upgrade is not a critical factor?

Yes, we don't require that you purchase it at any particular store (including ours). The upgrade checks for any version of Accu-Feel, and if it is there, it proceeds.

Scott.

N2056
January 6th, 2013, 17:50
I went ahead and grabbed it from your store. No issues on the install, exploring it now!

jeansy
January 7th, 2013, 06:01
is anyone getting CTDs with this?

i seem to be getting a few since ive installed it

Lewis-A2A
January 7th, 2013, 11:00
Hey Jeansy,

we have had no reports of this with v2. Could you please check your event viewer to check it is accu-feel that is crashing over fsx itself or anything else that might be running. If you could post over at our support forums that would be great.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

JAllen
January 7th, 2013, 11:53
In full screen view my system goes to all black screen. Switching to task manager I can see the menu long enough to hit cancel and get back to FSX. In windowed mode it works fine. Version 1 had no problem. I will be checking on it again tonight and will post on A2A if issue still exists.

jeansy
January 7th, 2013, 12:31
Hey Jeansy,

we have had no reports of this with v2. Could you please check your event viewer to check it is accu-feel that is crashing over fsx itself or anything else that might be running. If you could post over at our support forums that would be great.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

ive gone thru the event viewer and its going to make a liar out of me, and since ive installed it around 1am-ish ive had 3 ctd and not one of them has been flagged in the event viewer, all 3 have been when ive changed views from vc to external and the sound has hung up and then ctd, first with the b200 then 2 with the default c172

ive havent had any problems for a while, but i will post something at your forums if i come across it again

rwmarth
January 7th, 2013, 12:35
ive gone thru the event viewer and its going to make a liar out of me, and since ive installed it around 1am-ish ive had 3 ctd and not one of them has been flagged in the event viewer, all 3 have been when ive changed views from vc to external and the sound has hung up and then ctd, first with the b200 then 2 with the default c172

ive havent had any problems for a while, but i will post something at your forums if i come across it again

Sounds like a possible uiautomationcore.dll issue? check this thread out, and be sure to try the most recent dll fix. seems to have fixed my CTD flying some Accusim planes.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/273341-heres-the-apparent-fix-to-fsx-crashing-win-7-x64/

Ferry_vO
January 7th, 2013, 12:37
In full screen view my system goes to all black screen. Switching to task manager I can see the menu long enough to hit cancel and get back to FSX. In windowed mode it works fine. Version 1 had no problem. I will be checking on it again tonight and will post on A2A if issue still exists.

I have this same problem (With Accufeel 1.1) when Rex Essentials Plus is running as well. No Rex, no problems.

Lewis-A2A
January 7th, 2013, 13:40
The black screen issue is an old FSX issue that was mostly fixed in SP2, you can no doubt remember the issues pre-SP2 when you ran in either window or full screen because one worked and one didnt re: menus etc in FSX. Some times the black screens and menu corruption was traced back to graphics cards so might be worth looking into that, latet drivers etc?

Dangerous Beans
January 7th, 2013, 13:53
I think Lewis is right.
I remember the black screen issue in FS9, going to windowed mode was the only way I could edit FSUIPC in that.
As Lewis suggested try the latest drivers for your video card.

Ferry_vO
January 7th, 2013, 14:02
I have the latest drivers installed; it's definitely a problem with running both accu feel and Rex essentials together. But now that I know that, it's easy to avoid the problem.

P38man
January 7th, 2013, 14:53
Accufeel is an addon with sound.

I would therefore try these fixes - the sound ones I had not seen before:
http://www.enigmasim.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1065

Sieggie
January 7th, 2013, 17:02

I have had this problem when running with REX+. If you change to windowed mode then go into accufeel it will work. After you change the accufeel setting switch back to full screen mode.

Dave

JAllen
January 7th, 2013, 17:06
Ran FSX before REX and windowed or full screen the Accu-Feel V2 does just fine. With REX and full screen view, I get an all black screen. I think the menu is on screen but under the black? Go windowed to set Accu-Feel, easy enough, but don't think it was designed that way.

kdfw
January 7th, 2013, 17:25
yes, it's rex causing the black screen in full screen mode.

go to their forum and let them know you want patch or they may not fix it.

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/22282-fsx-in-full-screen-mode-black-screen-when-rewx-running/page__fromsearch__1

gman5250
January 7th, 2013, 18:10
Best five bucks I've spent in a long time.

I'm running Winows 7/64, FSX, EZ Dok, REX, ORBX, AccuFeel2 and some others. I've tweaked most of my skins to high res 2048 or 4096 with layers of alpha and spec, so my system is huffin' pretty hard most of the time.

I quite often crash in full screen when I'm running everything and a high memory aircaft, but that is an ALT/Enter issue. If I go to windowed before I tweak something I never crash.

Installed the AF2 upgrade and ran straight for the "Goose". The water take off made me a believer for sure.

No issues with the upgrade install. Ran REX, full screen with max weather...haven't seen a black sceen yet, but the night is still young.

Thanks Scott for another great product. You guys rock.

Sieggie
January 7th, 2013, 18:33
Yes it does it with REX. But not the other programs that pop up in FSX like FSUIPC or AICarriers. They do not seem to have the problem with REX running. Just seems to be ACCUFEEL. I think that REX may be bringing the FSX to the foreground while AccuFeel is running and that causes the menu to disappear behind FSX. The button hot spots for AccuFeel are still there, you just can't see them. Other programs seem to be able to get around this.

There is a thread in the REX forum already monitoring this situation.

Dave

Lewis-A2A
January 8th, 2013, 12:51
Ill contact Scott and REX to see where the issue lies and see if we can get a fix included as part of the next update

TuFun
January 8th, 2013, 13:04
Awesome program... running REX-O, EZDok, Orbx, FSRecoder, Shade, SweetFX, and on a Win 7/64 system, FSX set at 2048. No issues on my end.

JAllen
January 8th, 2013, 18:35
Since I haven't done much with the seaplanes or floats, I can't comment on that. But, the big effect for me at least is landing the P-51. All of a sudden the roll out is an adventure. Squirrely squeeling tires and it's time to change the shorts. It was only a little windy!!! Quite a bit of fun in hindsight! Thanks A2A!

stansdds
January 9th, 2013, 02:15
I had my first problem with Accu-FeelV2 Air, Land & Sea last night. In a C208B in a cross-wind landing, I really scuffed the tires and nearly dipped a wing into the pavement. It made a heck of a racket and scared the brown matter out of me! :isadizzy: Maybe A2A Simulations owes me a clean pair of pants?

Seriously, it was a cross wind landing and I've not experienced a wing dip, side skid, and screeching tire noise like that with the stock FSX effects. :applause: :applause:

MudMarine
January 9th, 2013, 05:10
I had my first problem with Accu-FeelV2 Air, Land & Sea last night. In a C208B in a cross-wind landing, I really scuffed the tires and nearly dipped a wing into the pavement. It made a heck of a racket and scared the brown matter out of me! :isadizzy: Maybe A2A Simulations owes me a clean pair of pants?

Seriously, it was a cross wind landing and I've not experienced a wing dip, side skid, and screeching tire noise like that with the stock FSX effects. :applause: :applause:

I recommend "depends" for that problem!:icon_lol:

falcon409
January 9th, 2013, 05:39
I thought I had a problem similar to what others described with the combination of REX, Accu-Feel and a few others all running in concert, but as it turns out it was a specific scenery addon in one area that was causing my lock-ups. I haven't even scratched the surface of what this program can ultimately do, but just with what I've experienced thus far. . .Wow! Very cool to be in MP, all engines running and open the canopy and get the full effect of sound changes as I pick up our engines running, not to mention the little squeaks and pops as I open and close the canopy. Landings are more of a challenge and more fun with the correct sounds in place. Best money I've spent so far, thanks to the A2A crew for a truly revolutionary addon.

binarkansas
January 9th, 2013, 06:08
Having just set up a computer that is finally able to run FSX OK, I'm just beginning to add stuff to it. I am very interested in A2A's cub. As well as the Accu-FeelV2. Question is........would I need the cub plus accusim for it, or would the Accu-Feelv2 be almost the same thing?

Barry

falcon409
January 9th, 2013, 07:53
It's just my guess, but I think if you buy the Cub w/accusim, technically you wouldn't need Accu-feel. . . .but having said that, Accu-feel works with all your aircraft, where the accusim module is modeled specific only for the aircraft it's made for.

binarkansas
January 9th, 2013, 08:25
It's just my guess, but I think if you buy the Cub w/accusim, technically you wouldn't need Accu-feel. . . .but having said that, Accu-feel works with all your aircraft, where the accusim module is modeled specific only for the aircraft it's made for.

Thanks for the reply......I got the difference, I was just wondering how close the accu feel would come to being equal to accusim in the cub. If it would be worth the extra twenty bucks to buy the accusim for the cub or could I get "nearly" the same thing by getting the accu-feel (which I want anyway). I guess a better way to ask, is does accu-feel work with the a2a cub and to what extent does it compare to the cub with accusim.

Barry

dhasdell
January 9th, 2013, 08:30
Accusim gives you the passenger with her vocal contributions and the maintenance intervals. I am not sure whether the tie-downs and cold start options are in the basic Cub or not.

fliger747
January 9th, 2013, 10:00
Any users out there with real floatplane experience that can comment on the veracity of getting on and off the step and high speed water dyanmics?

T

griphos
January 9th, 2013, 15:25
I think the water dynamics of AF2 are much improved. I don't have floatplane experience, so can't comment, but I suspect the sim is still quite a bit off from RW dynamics. Probably won't ever get that close, but the experience is way more believable than it used to be.

Back on topic, Accu-sim does a LOT more than Accu-feel, particularly in terms of engine and flight physics. Accu-feel is great because it adds so much to all planes, but Accu-sim, for the planes that have it, is a much more comprehensive package. The Cub Accu-sim package adds realism to systems such as engine wear, for instance, that Accu-feel doesn't provide.

Portia911
January 9th, 2013, 22:42
Surely A2A would not release a relatively inexpensive generic add-on if it offered anywhere near the accu-sim experience of their more expensive aircraft.
I'm enjoying accu-feel v2, but still saving for the accu-sim Cub package. :wiggle:

FentiFlier1
January 10th, 2013, 01:44
Well Accufeel gives you just about all the sonic environment of Accusim, as far as I can tell.
And in my opinion that is the most important part. I remember the first time I opened the canopy of the WoP P-47 and got the woosh of air, that's an immersion improvement I couldn't come back from.
All my other models felt sad in comparison and when it came out Accufeel really brought them back to life.

I reckon Accufeel makes FSX a much better simulator, thank you A2A! :icon29::icon29::icon29:

Owen.

Lewis-A2A
January 10th, 2013, 03:46
Having just set up a computer that is finally able to run FSX OK, I'm just beginning to add stuff to it. I am very interested in A2A's cub. As well as the Accu-FeelV2. Question is........would I need the cub plus accusim for it, or would the Accu-Feelv2 be almost the same thing?

Barry

Accu-Feel's tag line is 'bring a hint of accu-sim to your hanger' and this is pretty much exactly it. It brings a tiny hint of a full accu-sim package to your hanger. When it comes to accu-sim aircraft the amount of benefit you will get from Accu-feel will depend upon the age of the Accu-sim aircraft, for example some of the older ones might benefit from some of the sounds and physics of the feel program. Overall though the Accusim packs upgrade all sorts from engines to systems flight physics and of course are tailored to a particular aircraft from hundreds of hours spent with the aircraft, test flying it etc.

Navy Chief
January 10th, 2013, 03:50
It is a fantastic addon; love it! Thank you A2A!

NC

binarkansas
January 10th, 2013, 05:37
Surely A2A would not release a relatively inexpensive generic add-on if it offered anywhere near the accu-sim experience of their more expensive aircraft.
I'm enjoying accu-feel v2, but still saving for the accu-sim Cub package. :wiggle:

What I was thinking too, just wanted independent confirmation. Thanks

PRB
January 14th, 2013, 03:34
I Love this new version. Very cool.

But, I'm confused about something:

How does Accu-feel affect real world weather being enabled, with “download winds aloft” also enabled?

For example, if I’m flying with real weather enabled, and I have the global turbulence slider at 0, will that eliminate any turbulence that might otherwise have occurred if I didn’t have Accu-feel installed, with real weather enabled? Or does the 0 zero setting simply not affect default FS behaivor? If that’s the case, than a setting of 100 would substantially increase the effects of turbulence, as compared to somebody who doesn’t have Accu-feel installed, correct?

Same question (I think) for the turbulence section at the lower left side of the interface. With the gusts slider at zero, does that mean “FSX default gust effects” or “override FSX’s gust effects and make them ‘no effect’”?

- Paul

Blade124
January 14th, 2013, 05:38
I Love this new version. Very cool.

But, I'm confused about something:

How does Accu-feel affect real world weather being enabled, with “download winds aloft” also enabled?

For example, if I’m flying with real weather enabled, and I have the global turbulence slider at 0, will that eliminate any turbulence that might otherwise have occurred if I didn’t have Accu-feel installed, with real weather enabled? - Paul

Paul,
Accu-Feel turbulence is a wind enhancer. The sliders only affect Accu-Feel turbulence.

The sliders for CHOPS and GUSTS are Accu-Feel effects.

Scott.

PRB
January 14th, 2013, 07:05
Rgr that. Thanks Scott.

- Paul

PRB
January 19th, 2013, 03:53
Paul,
Accu-Feel turbulence is a wind enhancer. The sliders only affect Accu-Feel turbulence.

The sliders for CHOPS and GUSTS are Accu-Feel effects.

Scott.

Hi Scott, one other question, about the "history of wind", as it were.

Did the enhanced wind effects begin with version 1.1? Now that I have v2.0 installed I can't go back and look at the interface for version 1.1 to verify this one way or the other.

- Paul