PDA

View Full Version : Engine Sound stays locked after view change

uniform7
January 4th, 2013, 13:49
Anyone find a fix for the throttle sound staying full throttle when switching views after landing? Q or sound off then on resets it. Been reading everything I could find. Happens mostly with prop planes but not all the time. Random. Thought it was me till did some research.

Realtek sound
Processor AMD
A10-5800K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 3800 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4
Logical Processor(s)

Installed
Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Total
Physical Memory 7.70 GB

Available
Physical Memory 5.63

Total
Virtual Memory 15.4 GB

Available
Virtual Memory 13.3 GB

Page
File Space 7.70 GB

System
Type x64-based PC

OS
Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

BIOS
Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P1.50, 8/31/2012

Felixthreeone
January 4th, 2013, 14:01
Fwiw, I have the same problem and have not been able to resolve it...curious to see if anyone has a solution

peter12213
January 4th, 2013, 14:13
This is annoying but I think it's happens to us all occasionally, I hit the 'Q' key and it'll reset the sound!

fsxar177
January 4th, 2013, 15:09
I believe it has something to do with the audio files, themselves, in the soundset.

On one of the last sets I was working on, there was a change I could make to the file, which kept this from happening. Not sure what it was now. If I recall, I'll let you know.

Joseph

uniform7
January 4th, 2013, 15:41
Thank you all! At least I know I'm not loosing all my crackers! Been building FS9 for eight years and runs like a champ. Received FSX as a gift and have it tweaked pretty good from what I have read. The weather live, real scenery steady 30fps except near heavy airports. Very happy, but the sound bug, I know it's random but I don't want to wear out my Q key. If I stumble on a fix I will tell all. Never thought the sound wave files would be trouble after all we have tweaked to make FSX and FS9 perform in the Windows 7 platform. Ya know, it doesn't seem to affect my third party jets like the F-16 or F-14's and my WOP sounds seem to work OK. Go figure.