View Full Version : Sadness....

sc7500
January 3rd, 2013, 18:53
Sad news From Lindsay's site:

http://forum.lwdesigns.com.au/topic1269.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Leaving

Tango » January 2nd, 2013, 4:14 pm

This site has been a labor of love for me since it's inception. But at this point, I am unable to properly perform my duties due to disrupted frontend access, Lindsay's unannounced, lengthy and unexplained absence and the lack of tech support from the server host. For that reason I am with great regret leaving the staff effective immediately. This will also mark my retirement from active involvement in CFS2.

Sopwith and Dice will, to my knowledge, continue as Moderators on the forum and the download archive will remain active, but membership and uploads will not be available until Lindsay returns or appoints another administrator/library manager. (While I have the ability to create a new administrator, I do not feel comfortable doing so without the site owner's approval. Nor would I place another person in such an untenable position.) Please direct any inquiries to: info@lwdesigns.com.au

Best regards to all,
Tom Sanford
Tango
Tango_Romeo
Fox Four CFS2 Korea: http://www.simviation.com/lair/cfs2korea.htm

Blood_Hawk23
January 3rd, 2013, 20:23
Very sad indeed.

mav
January 4th, 2013, 03:07
Very sad indeed.

Sure is...............

kelticheart
January 4th, 2013, 03:33
Sad news From Lindsay's site:

http://forum.lwdesigns.com.au/topic1269.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Leaving

Tango » January 2nd, 2013, 4:14 pm

This site has been a labor of love for me since it's inception. But at this point, I am unable to properly perform my duties due to disrupted frontend access, Lindsay's unannounced, lengthy and unexplained absence and the lack of tech support from the server host. For that reason I am with great regret leaving the staff effective immediately. This will also mark my retirement from active involvement in CFS2.

Sopwith and Dice will, to my knowledge, continue as Moderators on the forum and the download archive will remain active, but membership and uploads will not be available until Lindsay returns or appoints another administrator/library manager. (While I have the ability to create a new administrator, I do not feel comfortable doing so without the site owner's approval. Nor would I place another person in such an untenable position.) Please direct any inquiries to: info@lwdesigns.com.au

Best regards to all,
Tom Sanford
Tango
Tango_Romeo
Fox Four CFS2 Korea: http://www.simviation.com/lair/cfs2korea.htm

Hear! Hear!

Let's hope this isn't the beginning of the end for our beloved senior sim.........:icon_eek:

:snowman: Cheers! :santahat:
KH :ernae:

Talon
January 5th, 2013, 14:45
Hear! Hear!

Let's hope this isn't the beginning of the end for our beloved senior sim.........:icon_eek:

:snowman: Cheers! :santahat:
KH :ernae:

A big loss indeed.

Not many of the old timers are around any more which means the knowledge base is shrinking. Many of these people figured out what we know today. Hopefully the new members will learn and help keep it alive.

MaskRider
January 5th, 2013, 15:53
One thing I have never quite understood about lwdesigns is the stuff on this page (http://lwdesigns.com.au/). Whats the story with this page? Its been up forever.

MR

Allen
January 5th, 2013, 15:54
:icon_eek: :frown: :crybaby:

Blood_Hawk23
January 5th, 2013, 17:00
A topic for another time I'm afraid. That's not part of the forum and is something we don't discuss really. You'd have to ask Lindsay or one of the others that know.

Talon
January 5th, 2013, 17:17
A topic for another time I'm afraid. That's not part of the forum and is something we don't discuss really. You'd have to ask Lindsay or one of the others that know.

You are right this is not the place to discuss it. I do know the reason behind it though, Lindsay and I had some discussions about it and I still have his e-mails about everything.

MaskRider
January 5th, 2013, 17:45
A topic for another time I'm afraid. That's not part of the forum and is something we don't discuss really.

You are right this is not the place to discuss it. I do know the reason behind it though

So, it sounds like what we have here is an elephant in the room.

Fine by me. No need to fill me in on the details. It just seems to me that it is long past time to file that page under "give it a rest."

MR

Sopwith Chameleon
January 6th, 2013, 02:16
All may not be lost - it looks like Lindsay is back : http://forum.lwdesigns.com.au/post7044.html#p7044

We owe Tango a great debt in keeping things up and running.

Blood_Hawk23
January 6th, 2013, 06:27
So, it sounds like what we have here is an elephant in the room.

Fine by me. No need to fill me in on the details. It just seems to me that it is long past time to file that page under "give it a rest."

MR

MR,

I agree long past due but a more private discussion is in order. That's all I'm saying, no offense meant.

Oh this part here "that's not part of the forum and is something we don't discuss really" is referring to the old page. You can get to the forum from there but its more or less separate. sorry.

Saddly it looks as if Tango is still going. but the good news is Lindsay is back.

MaskRider
January 6th, 2013, 11:55
No offense taken, of course. And yes, its good to hear that Lindsay is back and OK. Likewise, its a shame that Tango is retiring from CFS2.

MR

CrisGer
January 7th, 2013, 09:52
Many thanks Tango for long and valiant service...your efforts and generous sharing has always been a fine part of the CFS2 universe and you will be missed for sure. We all get tired and have our limits but i hope you come back when you have had some time away. And I am glad Lindsay is back, lets keep moving forward all of us together, that is what makes this a remarkable community.

and Happy new year to all.

Rami
January 8th, 2013, 05:56
Hey guys,

The loss of Tango will be an important one for the CFS2 community. Regarding the issues about Lindsay and Tango concerning SOH, as others have said, we need not discuss that further. Those who know what went on have been good enough to keep it to themselves, and it's best to let sleeping dogs lie.

I will say I miss the two of them for their knowledge bases, though!

The_Editor
January 8th, 2013, 07:54
Hey guys,

The loss of Tango will be an important one for the CFS2 community. Regarding the issues about Lindsay and Tango concerning SOH, as others have said, we need not discuss that further. Those who know what went on have been good enough to keep it to themselves, and it's best to let sleeping dogs lie.

I will say I miss the two of them for their knowledge bases, though!

Well said. :salute:

Hear! Hear!