Led Zeppelin
January 1st, 2013, 12:15
era 1

gosd
January 1st, 2013, 12:24
Thanks,getting old I guess.

ndicki
January 1st, 2013, 23:04
It gets easier if you sort it all out into separate installs...

Cuttles
January 2nd, 2013, 02:21
[I guess answer = 'Yes'] I've thought about that a little, (forgive my dumbness, Nigel), does that mean you can 'chop ETO up' into 5 different cfs3 versions? S'pose one could, and it would load quicker too.
(Already run a few different versions, with multicfs3; per the notes.)

ndicki
January 2nd, 2013, 03:03
Very much so, although I don't recommend it unless you do know what you're doing... Personally, as I don't do multiplayer, I've simply used ETO as a source of bits and pieces, and discarded the rest. At the moment, the 'issue' scenery has become too heavy for me to run it properly, so there, for example, I've used some of the elements to build my own. And so on... But as I said, if you're not sure of what you're doing, be prepared to spend a long time figuring out why it doesn't work! And fixing CFS3 at a distance is no easy task.

Led Zeppelin
January 2nd, 2013, 08:18
Personnally, I have only one ETO install but I have several aircrafts folders, I just rename manually depending on which missions I want to fly.
Blietzkrieg + Bob
ETO (my install)
ETO (original aircrafts)
TOW
MTO

Daiwilletti
January 2nd, 2013, 12:06
I think Nigel's approach is a great way to go, especially if you wish to modify installs. that way if one gets corrupt the others still work. I try to keep ETO as original as possible (with a few things like meshbuilderbudgets tweaked), and then have some stand-alones. Pat Pattle's Bob is virtually an ETO for the BoB era.

Another thing I hope to have time to play with is a bat file to run a series of country.xmls, to change the nationalities of the aircraft and ground spawns that appear. That would negate the need to maintain the huge volume of spawn files found in ETO dedicated to campaign play.

All the best for 2013!

Cuttles
January 3rd, 2013, 00:18
Interesting. Guess with big drives, it's possible to have mutliple ETO copies,too.